+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Visa rejected under Section 205(c)(ii)

Mannu Bhatia

Jan 17, 2020
Hello
I've heard that SWOP are getting refusal in most of the cases now. My spouse's file has been refused two times and I was plannings to reapply third time.
Just worried. Please guide.
Thank you

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
My husband's file got rejected twice too. Kinda depressed right now.
Did you updated any documents while applying second time? Rejection with reason 205(c)(ii) is very vague. you have to make sure the actual reason first before reapplying. You can apply for GCMS notes and then based on the reason reapply.

satpal1261

Jan 25, 2020
Did you updated any documents while applying second time? Rejection with reason 205(c)(ii) is very vague. you have to make sure the actual reason first before reapplying. You can apply for GCMS notes and then based on the reason reapply.
You should apply GCMS notes first
Sometimes very small reason happen for refusal. $5 cost 30 days processing
Or you can visit MP office and request for the same
You will get real reason within 2 days

Nehali Parekh

Jun 3, 2020
Hello there.
I am a full time student in New Brunswick, and applied for my husband's open work permit in March, 2020. unfortunately, he got refusal under section 205 (c) (ii). I am so worried about him and I am also taking CERB benefit since March. Do you think it is due to CERB benefit that I am receiving from government? what would be the best step to take further? Hope for your best reply and I would really appriciate if you could suggest me something.
Thank you.

Nehali Parekh

Jun 3, 2020
Hello there.
I am a full time student in New Brunswick, and applied for my husband's open work permit in March, 2020. unfortunately, he got refusal under section 205 (c) (ii). I am so worried about him and I am also taking CERB benefit since March. Do you think it is due to CERB benefit that I am receiving from government? what would be the best step to take further? Hope for your best reply and I would really appreciate if you could suggest me something.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there.
I am a full time student in New Brunswick, and applied for my husband's open work permit in March, 2020. unfortunately, he got refusal under section 205 (c) (ii). I am so worried about him and I am also taking CERB benefit since March. Do you think it is due to CERB benefit that I am receiving from government? what would be the best step to take further? Hope for your best reply and I would really appreciate if you could suggest me something.
Thank you.
Did you recently get married? was it arranged? how much time have you spent in person as a married couple?

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Hello there.
Thank you.
Hi Nehali, when did you receive the update on rejection?

Nehali Parekh

Jun 3, 2020
Did you recently get married? was it arranged? how much time have you spent in person as a married couple?
we register our marriage on 21st july, 20018 but with all the rituals we got married on 22 january, 2019 and we spent 7 months together after wedding

Last edited:

Nehali Parekh

Jun 3, 2020
yesterday I got the rejection
Is it due to the CERB benefit that I am receiving? few people told me that just because I am receiving CERB from government it has created trouble for my spouse to get visa. So, I just want to know that is it true or there might be another reason?

Last edited:

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Is it due to the CERB benefit that I am receiving? few people told me that just because I am receiving CERB from government it has created trouble for my spouse to get visa. So, I just want to know that is it true or there might be another reason?
Hi
Personally i don't think its Just CERB it might be something else as well.
Can you share your timeline.
It was online or offline?