+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused

Kaler Jaspreet S

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi everyone,
I need your advice for my child's visa. I am an internation student. I applied Spouse Open Work Permit for my wife and visiot visa for my 4 year old kid. Their timeline is as below:-
Online application submission- 20th Jan
Received Biometric e-mail - 21th Jan
Biometric Done- 24th Jan
Medical request- 5th Feb
Medical done- 8th Feb
Passport request for spouse- 17th Feb
But no response for my child's visitor visa. Submitted webform on 21st Feb, still no reply.

Pls help me to sort out the reason for this delay?
Thank you in advance.

ivshhsiht

Mar 1, 2020
497Yesterday at 5:59 PM
Hello
I've heard that SWOP are getting refusal in most of the cases now. My spouse's file has been refused two times and I was plannings to reapply third time.
Just worried. Please guide.
Thank you
*RUMOUR* has it that CIC is on to the fact that some rich families may have kids that would not qualify for a study permit. So they recruit poor/middleclass families with kids that qualify for study permits but no money. The rich families pay the GIC, application fees, plane fare and everything that is needed to get to Canada. In exchange once the study permit or PGWP is obtained the student applies saying its a real relationship. They get married/, live commonlaw and PR is obtained in a few years. Then they divorce. Unfortunately many times the scam artist get approved and the real relationships are denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
*RUMOUR* has it that CIC is on to the fact that some rich families may have kids that would not qualify for a study permit. So they recruit poor/middleclass families with kids that qualify for study permits but no money. The rich families pay the GIC, application fees, plane fare and everything that is needed to get to Canada. In exchange once the study permit or PGWP is obtained the student applies saying its a real relationship. They get married/, live commonlaw and PR is obtained in a few years. Then they divorce. Unfortunately many times the scam artist get approved and the real relationships are denied.
Yes CIC is aware of this immigration fraud. It is usually as a result of a marriage of convenience. CIC does their best to try to determine which are the genuine relationships/marriages. When arranged marriages are common it becomes much harder to determine which are genuine relationships and which nes are not. You see many SOWP being refused if people get married right after one spouse is approved for a study permit and the couple applies for SOWP right after marriage. CIC is how often waiting for marriages to provide a longer proof of relationship after marriage before approving SOWP. In the case of arranged marriages especially, it can often take a longer time to get approved for SOWP. Understandable if there is very little tine spent together before the wedding.

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

(From India)
is there anyone who has applied offline paper file and didn't receive any decision letter due to lockdown? actually I received mail on 21st of March that your decision Letter has been couriered but due to lockdown I am unable to get my decision can my decision positive because I got decision within 10 days any mine file was offline

Somashekar

Feb 6, 2020
Hello there ! Please please help, my situation is getting worst. I applied for my husband’s visa twicefor visitor but it got rejected. Basically 1st time we were not married and did not had enough knowledge about applying visa and second time we were married and we applied for visitor but got rejected. Now, we applied for SOWP in december and they asked for additional documents after that today i got reply saying my husband’s visa is rejected due to following reasons:

-purpose of visit
-based on family ties in canada and country of your residence
-personal assets and financial status.
-Travel History
-You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR.

PLEASE HELP.

Provided following documents:
Inviter from Canada –
Passport (all pages with visas and observation)
Canadian Visa
Work permit
Marriage Certificate
Final Transcript, or
Letter of Graduation / Course completion from the College
Employment/Offer letters, Salary Slips (Last 3 pay slips),
T4 Statements and / or Notice of Assessment if you have paid tax.
Bank Statement (Last month)
Proof of other funds CAN$6000.00 plus
utilitu bills
Rental agreement

HUSBAND’s Docs
-Passport copy with all pages having observations, notes and visas
- Experience Documents ( Business proofs, letters and business relates docs)
-Bank statements with approximately Rs.300,000
-Financial report covering all liquid assets, funds, incomes and property (Stamped by CA) – about INRs.10,00,000 and more
-Tax Assessment Report of last 2 years
-Property valuation report
-Affidavit of parents if spouse is not working and parents or in-law parents are sponsoring.

Important docs:
-Marriage pics
-Marriage certificate
-Chats, call history from last 8 months
-Extra pictures of us together last 4 years
-passport with all pages for both
-educational documents of my husband

We got inquire for additional documents as well and we provided everything with letter of explanation as well But still got rejected. I cannot believe and its bringing chaos in our relationship & there is nothing i could do, Please help. Thank you.

Please reply. As our marriage has passed 2 years and It bugs me again and again.
HI..Deeve.
Did you reapply ??

Ekta Desai

Jun 11, 2020
Hi Everyone !

I am working as Business Systems Analyst in CIBC from May 2019.

I applied for sowp for my husband in November 2019 and rejected with two reasons 1) My job isnt under Noc 0,A,B. 2) Under section 205cii.
At that time my job letter with job responsibilities wasnt mentioned. Second time in feb 2020, we hired Lawyer and he applied with many more documents stating proper relationship proof, my job letter with roles and responsibilities, bank balance, passports, T4 & Payslips, my husband's job letter, degree certificates, his bank balance, marriage certificate and many more. This time there was no chance to reject but got refused again. We ordered gcms notes since march but didnt received anything.

Can anyone please help me with this ?

Thanks,
Ekta

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hi Everyone !

I am working as Business Systems Analyst in CIBC from May 2019.

I applied for sowp for my husband in November 2019 and rejected with two reasons 1) My job isnt under Noc 0,A,B. 2) Under section 205cii.
At that time my job letter with job responsibilities wasnt mentioned. Second time in feb 2020, we hired Lawyer and he applied with many more documents stating proper relationship proof, my job letter with roles and responsibilities, bank balance, passports, T4 & Payslips, my husband's job letter, degree certificates, his bank balance, marriage certificate and many more. This time there was no chance to reject but got refused again. We ordered gcms notes since march but didnt received anything.

Can anyone please help me with this ?

Thanks,
Ekta
What's the reason behind rejection this time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you get married? Was it an arranged marriage? How much time have you spent on on one with your husband before or after your marriage?

Ekta Desai

Jun 11, 2020
When did you get married? Was it an arranged marriage? How much time have you spent on on one with your husband before or after your marriage?
We started talking in May 2019 and video calling too. Then I went back to India in end of sept and married on 6th oct. Then after I came back to canada around end of October. We submitted our chat history, marriage registration certificate and all the required pictures.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We started talking in May 2019 and video calling too. Then I went back to India in end of sept and married on 6th oct. Then after I came back to canada around end of October. We submitted our chat history, marriage registration certificate and all the required pictures.
That is one of the issues. You applied very soon after getting married with little time living in a relationship. Unfortunateltly this is what people committing immigration fraud do as well. They marry someone who already has a permit right before they leave for Canada or marry someone who is working/studying in Canada and comes back to get married. Then they apply for SOWP soon after being in Canada.

Ekta Desai

Jun 11, 2020
That is one of the issues. You applied very soon after getting married with little time living in a relationship. Unfortunateltly this is what people committing immigration fraud do as well. They marry someone who already has a permit right before they leave for Canada or marry someone who is working/studying in Canada and comes back to get married. Then they apply for SOWP soon after being in Canada.
Okay then what should I do ? Can we apply for PR together as I am completing one year in this August or can I apply for my PR & then his PR or can we apply for sowp again ?

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi,

(From India)
is there anyone who has applied offline paper file and didn't receive any decision letter due to lockdown? actually I received mail on 21st of March that your decision Letter has been couriered but due to lockdown I am unable to get my decision can my decision positive because I got decision within 10 days any mine file was offline
Any update?