+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused

Owaisk

Jun 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

I submitted spouse open-work permit application on 26th June 2018, and checked today to my surprise there is rejection response, I believe she full fills all the requirements, I have posted below some details they have provided,

On the CIC application page:

In the correspondence letter,
in the detailed reason section of the correspondence letter
Documents she submitted:

Application Form(s):
  • Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
Supporting Documents:
  • Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required)
  • Passport (required)
  • Digital photo (required)
  • Proof of Relationship (required)
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)
  • Client Information (required)
    • Letter of explanation
    • My Master's Degree,
    • Spouse Passport,
    • Spouse Work Permit,
    • Spouse Job Contract,
    • Spouse Pay Slips,
    • Spouse Bank Statements,
    • Spouse T4 Tax Form.
Optional Documents:
Empty

Can you guys help me understand what I'm missing ?

Last edited:

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Reapply with marriage pre n post pics
Conversation history if any
It just states they don’t believe your relationship genuine so to counter argue that u need to provide more proof of your relationship

Btw which country did u apply from or which country is ur spouse In

Owaisk

Jun 14, 2018
It just states they don’t believe your relationship genuine so to counter argue that u need to provide more proof of your relationship

She is back in Pakistan, that's my country of birth,

Pre marriage pics: I'm not sure what I'm suppose to show for that ?
Post marriage pics: I do have wedding pics.

my wife and I have conversation history on whatsapp, but that's in Roman Urdu (written in English script but it's actually Urdu language), and the conversation is usually intimate :)

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Haha I understand
Reapply with all the same documents just add the wedding pictures
I am surprised you got a response in 12 weeks as it’s usually takes 21 weeks from your wife country

Owaisk

Jun 14, 2018
I was planning to visit Pakistan in Dec as there will be Christmas holidays and I will use my vacations also,best time to visit home country.
So reapply will take another 3 months ?

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
My advice is apply now ASAP with the new pics and u might just get lucky and get the visa in shorter time as they have done the backgrounds checks and everything and even if it come after December atleast you be able to bring her along with u or She can join u then

Raj-FG

Nov 27, 2018
Guys,

My spousal open work permit got refused.

Reason for the refusal is , he did not satisfy that I will leave canada.

Please help me out on this , what can I do about it.

Thanks,
Raj

pavithran

Feb 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have applied Open Work Permit for my spouse on 17/01/2019 but unfortunately got rejection from cic on 11/02/2019 due to the following reason.

You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a work permit pursuant to
section 205(c)(ii) of the regulation.

Can anyone suggest what they are referring here?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Guys,

I have applied Open Work Permit for my spouse on 17/01/2019 but unfortunately got rejection from cic on 11/02/2019 due to the following reason.

You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a work permit pursuant to
section 205(c)(ii) of the regulation.

Can anyone suggest what they are referring here?
1. Google is your friend.
Canadian interests

205 A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national who intends to perform work that

• (a) would create or maintain significant social, cultural or economic benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents;

• (b) would create or maintain reciprocal employment of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada in other countries;

• (c) is designated by the Minister as being work that can be performed by a foreign national on the basis of the following criteria, namely,
    • (i) the work is related to a research program,

• (i.1) the work is an essential part of a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program offered by a designated learning institution as defined in section 211.1,

• (i.2) the work is an essential part of a program at the secondary level
      • (A) that is a vocational training program offered by a designated learning institution in Quebec, or

• (B) that is a program offered by a designated learning institution that requires students to work in order to obtain their secondary or high school diploma or certificate of graduation, or
    • (ii) limited access to the Canadian labour market is necessary for reasons of public policy relating to the competitiveness of Canada’s academic institutions or economy; or
  • (d) is of a religious or charitable nature.

Reactions: andy.keeling

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hi Guys,

I submitted spouse open-work permit application on 26th June 2018, and checked today to my surprise there is rejection response, I believe she full fills all the requirements, I have posted below some details they have provided,

On the CIC application page:

In the correspondence letter,
in the detailed reason section of the correspondence letter
Documents she submitted:

Application Form(s):
  • Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
Supporting Documents:
  • Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required)
  • Passport (required)
  • Digital photo (required)
  • Proof of Relationship (required)
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)
  • Client Information (required)
    • Letter of explanation
    • My Master's Degree,
    • Spouse Passport,
    • Spouse Work Permit,
    • Spouse Job Contract,
    • Spouse Pay Slips,
    • Spouse Bank Statements,
    • Spouse T4 Tax Form.
Optional Documents:
Empty

Can you guys help me understand what I'm missing ?
Hello!
I need a small help. Did your spouse got the visa? Also can you tell me did you show finances only in your account or in her as well?

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019

Hey Alica!
My spouse is a student of Masters in Canada and I will be applying for spousal work permit soon. Can you tell me about the finances we have to show , like how much it should be?

May 4, 2019
Hi...I have applied for my husband's open work permit application but i got refusal .they are not satisfied with income and assets. We show bank balance in our joint account. Now but should I need to do