+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused

sai123456789

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
First time officer was not sure about my pay stubs so I applied again and got refusal. waiting for the reasons now. And yes got the decisions in exact a month both times.
in our case we didn't have any update and its been 4months, we submitted a webform, they responded saying they will reach out to the responsible centre

Mannu Bhatia

Jan 17, 2020
Just nonsense reasons like not satisfied with the job, spouse will not return to their native country. Basically just to decrease the foreign entries.

Pranav10

Feb 2, 2020
Just nonsense reasons like not satisfied with the job, spouse will not return to their native country. Basically just to decrease the foreign entries.
I am totally agree with you....immigration is just became a careless process....I got two refusal for SOWP with stupid reasons. I heard that once they reach target, they just find any reason to refuse entree. So disappointing.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am totally agree with you....immigration is just became a careless process....I got two refusal for SOWP with stupid reasons. I heard that once they reach target, they just find any reason to refuse entree. So disappointing.
Let's not forget that SOWP are not a guarantee, even though many appear to think they are

sonia_bhatia

Aug 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have applied Open Work Permit for my spouse on 17/01/2019 but unfortunately got rejection from cic on 11/02/2019 due to the following reason.

You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a work permit pursuant to
section 205(c)(ii) of the regulation.

Can anyone suggest what they are referring here?
did u reapply and got the visa?? my husband also got the same reason. we are not what to do now?