+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused

chi89

Star Member
May 6, 2019
UAE
Hi Guys,

I submitted spouse open-work permit application on 26th June 2018, and checked today to my surprise there is rejection response, I believe she full fills all the requirements, I have posted below some details they have provided,

On the CIC application page:

In the correspondence letter,
in the detailed reason section of the correspondence letter
Documents she submitted:

Application Form(s):
  • Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
Supporting Documents:
  • Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required)
  • Passport (required)
  • Digital photo (required)
  • Proof of Relationship (required)
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)
  • Client Information (required)
    • Letter of explanation
    • My Master's Degree,
    • Spouse Passport,
    • Spouse Work Permit,
    • Spouse Job Contract,
    • Spouse Pay Slips,
    • Spouse Bank Statements,
    • Spouse T4 Tax Form.
Optional Documents:
Empty

Can you guys help me understand what I'm missing ?
hi, what are thr proof of relationship you sent to them? did you got the visa already by this time?

@nuuuu

Jun 27, 2019
How much time it takes to hear back from CIC on open work permit? Its already more than 12 weeks. Are there any chances for refusal

SOWPApril2019

Apr 17, 2019
How much time it takes to hear back from CIC on open work permit? Its already more than 12 weeks. Are there any chances for refusal
Depends on the country you applied from. You can check timeline from CIC website. Decision is never based on how much time they take.

dipendave093

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Anyone help me. My spouse open work permit refused today after an interview I got an email. Stated below reason.

You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal
open work permit.

What does that mean?

sai123456789

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
is there anyone who applied spousal open work permit INCanada application paper based? I have applied on oct 3rd 2019, its been 4 months and no update yet