+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit refusal. What next?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Reactions: maricelpba

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
If you search on the official Canadian website, you'll see which institutions are eligible for PGWP. Only those will allow you to get an OWP for your spouse and a PGWP after finishing your studies. OMNI College doesn't seem to be one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
Thank you for the information. My husband & I took our chances because we have a close friend who was able to bring with her her common-law partner when she studied in OMNI College a few years ago. Maybe the VO reviewing their SP & OWP applications missed to see this restriction before.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Thank you for the information. My husband & I took our chances because we have a close friend who was able to bring with her her common-law partner when she studied in OMNI College a few years ago. Maybe the VO reviewing their SP & OWP applications missed to see this restriction before.
I don't think they'd miss information like this. Maybe the college status changed in those years.

Nikhil7077

Dec 9, 2022
This is the reason for refusal of my SOWP’ Spouses and common-law partners of full-time students in a program at some institutions in Canada can apply for a generic (open) work permit. However, the institution your spouse or common-law partner is attending is not an institution that is qualified under this category.
For YORK UNIVERSITY. spouse class will started Jan 2023
Should we relodge with justification?