+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit refusal. What next?

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
My previous three posts have been deleted by the moderators of this site which is outrageous. You can abuse and say Sh** about the prospective international students as much as possible, there is no problem. But when we comment back then our posts are being deleted. So, you people are patronized by this website to say Sh** about international students or you people work at this organization.
That's too weird

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
They can always go back to their home country to see their family.
If going back everytime too see your family was an option then 80 percent of married students would not apply to canada and secondly allowing partners or Dependents of students is permitted under the law so if anyone applies for sowp then it is because ircc allows it no one is filing mercy petitions here

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Canadian policy only apply to Canadians. Foreigners have no rights to be in the country.
So called canadians were once national of other countries okay bcoZ every1 is not a born canadian

candian government opens up category to allow foreigners temporarily as well as permanently .i repeat no one files mercy petition to enter and yeah international students contribute billlions to economy

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Yes. Well said. But on the contrary, we legally want to enter their country with a valid reason of establishing ourselves there by abiding all the laws of the country with a view to give a better future than ours to our kids. That's all we want.
Agreed✌

Lovy01

Oct 4, 2020
Hi someone please help me to get answer .
I am just wondering today I got my passport with maple stamp on it but my Cic account trv says your document is invalid. What's that ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi someone please help me to get answer .
I am just wondering today I got my passport with maple stamp on it but my Cic account trv says your document is invalid. What's that ?
Did you send In your passport or did a consultant send it in? What country are your from since VFS is some countries are currently closed so you wouldn’t be able to receive stamping?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If it was so they won't have mentioned same at IRCC website that students families are welcomed.
If you read the instructions it says that families of international students can apply which often gets misinterpreted and people are shocked if they get denied. Would encourage you to look through all the past posts. You’ll see some are approved and some are denied. You should definitely apply but make sure you have a plan b if denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If going back everytime too see your family was an option then 80 percent of married students would not apply to canada and secondly allowing partners or Dependents of students is permitted under the law so if anyone applies for sowp then it is because ircc allows it no one is filing mercy petitions here
It is permitted under law but approval is not guaranteed. Would encourage you to go through past posts and you will see that there are a mixture of approval and denials.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. Well said. . But on the contrary, we legally want to enter their country with a valid reason of establishing ourselves there by abiding all the laws of the country with a view to give a better future than ours to our kids. That's all we want.
One of the requirements to receive a study permit is to prove that you intend to return to your home country after your studies so wanting to establish yourselves would not be a good argument for demanding that a spouse get an OWP. Everyone should apply and especially those doing more advanced degrees, like masters and PhDs, are usually accepted. Before criticizing Canada a large amount of international students aren‘t actually genuine students. Studying is their only option to eventually secure PR. Both the student and Canada are benefitting from the system.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada's history came as international students are being blamed here for their wish to bring family with them. A mature student can't concentrate properly on his/her studies if their loved one or little kid is far away from them. And talking about the intention to stay permanently, each university has a separate page on their website explaining how an international student can settle in Canada after studies. Some universities even have consultation services for that. How would you describe that? Also, Canada should omit this double standard, one side you say having a double intention is not illegal but on the other side, students have to prove that they will go back after studies. Quite funny.

In every developed country, students have always been welcomed to stay after their studies. Even Scandinavian countries that do not have a formal immigration pathway allow international students to stay after their studies to be benefitted from them.

Finally, don't freak out if any student wants to bring his/her spouse or kid. If possible, help them but don't bully or abuse them. As far as I know, being a Canadian does not give you a universal right to criticize anyone wanting to come to Canada.
First of all I am not abusing anyone you are the one using abusive language. I am providing information based on the government’s policies and criteria for approving permits and visas. People are under the false impression that spouses and children and guaranteed an OWP and a TRV due to the wording (“can apply”). If a person is not able to study without their family perhaps they should consider studying in another country or apply all together and if denied apply to study in another country. Bringing a spouse and children adds extra expenses to Canada. In many provinces both the children and spouse will have access to healthcare, medication, elementary/high school, etc. so that is one of the factors that is considered. Unfortunately not everyone has the funds to support a family versus supporting a single person. A single person can easily share a home or even room, minimize their expenses, etc. which is much more difficult for a family. There are single people who are reliant on food banks or drop out due to finances so the ability to support more than one person has to be considered.

Not up for me to justify why Canada required people to prove that they will return home and that the degree will benefit them in their home country to get approved for a study. It is the reality and I can’t change the policy. Everyone knows that there is a pathway for international students to qualify for PGWP. I assume the goal is to accept genuine students versus those studying as a means to hopefully secure PR. There are so many countries that don’t welcome all students to stay longterm after they graduate. The US is a perfect example but there are many more. Canada offers an eventual path to PR and citizenship in a pretty short of time if you study full-time, graduate and work in a skilled job. If anything international students in Canada have a pretty easy and fast pathway to citizenship compared to most countries which is why so many students now want to study in Canada.

The reality is that not all international students can have their spouse accompany them when they study. Just clarifying for those under the false impression. The program is primarily for students to learn not an immigration program. There is also a problem with immigration fraud which involves marriages of convenience to students who already have permits which is why it is especially hard to get approved if you get married after your study permit approval but before leaving for Canada or during your studies. Everyone should apply for their spouses but just be aware that approval is not guaranteed.

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
If you read the instructions it says that families of international students can apply which often gets misinterpreted and people are shocked if they get denied. Would encourage you to look through all the past posts. You’ll see some are approved and some are denied. You should definitely apply but make sure you have a plan b if denied.
Yes everyone keeps plan B but my point is that you can't tell anyone that you can go to your country to see your family, you have no rights to apply and so on... So I just wondered how someone could be so rude to talk like if international students are burden and they shouldn't dream of bringing their families.

Lovy01

Oct 4, 2020
Hii I am just wondering anyone got or receive any update for spouse open work permit applied online after pandemic because vfs is still closed in India. And I am going to discuss my profile my study permit is valid for July 2021 but this is my last semester and ended with December 2020. Any chances for approval or not please let me know

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hii I am just wondering anyone got or receive any update for spouse open work permit applied online after pandemic because vfs is still closed in India. And I am going to discuss my profile my study permit is valid for July 2021 but this is my last semester and ended with December 2020. Any chances for approval or not please let me know
Are you planning to apply for PGWP? I doubt your spouse would be approved until travel restrictions are lifted. So far, SOWP is eligible to enter with a valid job offer