+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit refusal. What next?

Aqua-maq

Feb 7, 2021
Strange discussion. Everyone knows that 99% international students are coming to get PR and never leave Canada as it is the fastest way of doing it. Everyone has an intention to settle and live in Canada forever but they have to present false intention to leave Canada after completing the studies. Unfortunately Visa officers also know this fact so approval OR denial is just a matter of luck. As per my knowledge, SOWP can be applied but is not guaranteed as per IRCC. Best option is to apply at the time of your study permit application. It is every ones right to be with their families so apply together and get approval or denial together. I support the idea of giving all international students SOWP as they are contributing huge money in Canadian system. Canadian PR through study permit is stablished business now. 99% students intention is to come and get PR and everyone knows it. Still discussions and arguments. Come on guys. Want to live with the family better apply together so you can decide weather to come without them would be good for you or not as SOWP can be applied but is not guaranteed. For all those people who are calling students foreigners, please be respectful. Majority population in Canada are immigrants. Even if you are born here, your parents or grand parents were immigrants once. Canada is for every one. It is just a matter of luck.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Strange discussion. Everyone knows that 99% international students are coming to get PR and never leave Canada as it is the fastest way of doing it. Everyone has an intention to settle and live in Canada forever but they have to present false intention to leave Canada after completing the studies. Unfortunately Visa officers also know this fact so approval OR denial is just a matter of luck. As per my knowledge, SOWP can be applied but is not guaranteed as per IRCC. Best option is to apply at the time of your study permit application. It is every ones right to be with their families so apply together and get approval or denial together. I support the idea of giving all international students SOWP as they are contributing huge money in Canadian system. Canadian PR through study permit is stablished business now. 99% students intention is to come and get PR and everyone knows it. Still discussions and arguments. Come on guys. Want to live with the family better apply together so you can decide weather to come without them would be good for you or not as SOWP can be applied but is not guaranteed. For all those people who are calling students foreigners, please be respectful. Majority population in Canada are immigrants. Even if you are born here, your parents or grand parents were immigrants once. Canada is for every one. It is just a matter of luck.
If you find the term “ foreigner” disrespectful, then what do you prefer ?

Outsider ? Outlander ? Non-native ?
Btw, student visas and any accompanying visas for a family , is not a “ right “

mitchgalang

Jan 8, 2021
My application for student permit was approved and my husband applied for OWP. Today, we received his refusal with the grounds of : the institution your spouse or common-law partner is attending is not an institution that is qualified under this category. What does it mean? Can we reapply again? Can someone help us. Thanks

contactrajesh

Oct 4, 2020
My application for student permit was approved and my husband applied for OWP. Today, we received his refusal with the grounds of : the institution your spouse or common-law partner is attending is not an institution that is qualified under this category. What does it mean? Can we reapply again? Can someone help us. Thanks
This usually happens if the college you are attending is not eligible for owp. Also it can be you didn't upload all the documents like enrollment letter n so. In which college you are studying and which province.
Also when did you apply for the owp, after you reached canada or before that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you attending a private college? What is the name of your school?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Just came across your comment. In simple terms, this is the long term effect of bureaucracy. Govt gets so involved with the regulations that they hardly keep up and logic is often defeated. Result? End beneficiary suffers. I cant even count the number of times I have read posts here of VO decisions which made zero sense. For me apart from the utmost requirement of finance, past education, DLI institutes, etc everything else is a lottery system(read not go back home). Pray that someone reasonable reviews your file and gives it a fair review and not on his/her gut feeling.

mitchgalang

Jan 8, 2021
This usually happens if the college you are attending is not eligible for owp. Also it can be you didn't upload all the documents like enrollment letter n so. In which college you are studying and which province.
Also when did you apply for the owp, after you reached canada or before that.
I applied for OWP outside Canada, I am still here in Philippines since my program will start on July 2021. The school I am attending is DLI listed, I am just confuse on the grounds for refusal. Can we still reapply again?

rohail256

Oct 21, 2020
Can you please share your timeline and visa office ? And applying county ?

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
Hello, i got a mail to go for my medicals today after nearly 6 months of applying for SOWP. i had to send them a mail for an exemption bfor this could be possible. it will all end in praise. Amen.

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hello! Our situation is almost the same. My husband’s SP is yet to be approved though (GCMS notes are good, his DLI is just not on the COVID-19 Ready DLIs List), however, my SOWP is already showing as Refused in the GCMS notes we recently got and the reason is the same as that on your spouse’s refused application. Are you also planning to change DLI?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello! Our situation is almost the same. My husband’s SP is yet to be approved though (GCMS notes are good, his DLI is just not on the COVID-19 Ready DLIs List), however, my SOWP is already showing as Refused in the GCMS notes we recently got and the reason is the same as that on your spouse’s refused application. Are you also planning to change DLI?
What college did you applied for?