+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online submission query

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maling said:
Oh no, so maybe there would be nothing much of difference whether we submit online or thru paper direct to embassy visa office as it would still follow the time line where it is being processed. As for me, if I submit online it says 4-6 months but if direct to embassy its 10-12 months. Then I have to expect for result even beyond 6 months :(
Don't loose hope, I might be wrong as at that time there was a strike going on in all of the visa offices so that might be the cause of delay in my file processing. But visa is always stamped by local visa office even if the file is processed remotely and they might be sending instructions to local visa office for visa stamping.

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Hello, I am also in process of applying OWP for my spouse. I am on a 3 yr post graduation work permit and working in NOC skill level B. My question is, would my spouse need to show CIC pictures of us together or anything like that? OR would our marriage certificate be enough?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamae said:
Hello, I am also in process of applying OWP for my spouse. I am on a 3 yr post graduation work permit and working in NOC skill level B. My question is, would my spouse need to show CIC pictures of us together or anything like that? OR would our marriage certificate be enough?
Marriage certificate should be enough, if the marriage is very recent one then you may add marriage pics as an additional proof.

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Thank you O_Canada..

By the way, my offer letter doesn't have my job description. I am wondering if that would be a problem since I know I'll have to prove I am working in a NOC level 0, A or B. Should I create a document with my job description and let the company sign it? Thank you

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamae said:
Thank you O_Canada..

By the way, my offer letter doesn't have my job description. I am wondering if that would be a problem since I know I'll have to prove I am working in a NOC level 0, A or B. Should I create a document with my job description and let the company sign it? Thank you
If the spouse of post graduation work permit holder is eligible to apply OWP then I think it should not be a problem but if spouse is eligible as dependent of a person who is working in a NOC level 0, A or B. then as you said you may create a document with your job description and let the company sign it. I think still it will not hurt to attach job description letter along with your application. All the best.

can854

Oct 21, 2013
Hi O Canada,
I have few quick question, if u can help me here. I am in process of applying Spouse OWP. I am on pgwp working in skill level B. I had PNP nomination, and this week i am filing federal application.
My wife got a job here which is also skilled level A, but employer doesnt have a LMO at this moment. He can apply for LMo but it will take time.

1. so at the time of application should i attach that offer letter or not.
2. Should I attach my PNP nomination certificate or not.
what ur opinion abt this, How above two things can help her application.
3. How much fund u think is sufficient for financial proof in India for her. My annual pay is $70.

thanks, o canada. your help is greatly appreciated.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can854 said:
Hi O Canada,
I have few quick question, if u can help me here. I am in process of applying Spouse OWP. I am on pgwp working in skill level B. I had PNP nomination, and this week i am filing federal application.
My wife got a job here which is also skilled level A, but employer doesnt have a LMO at this moment. He can apply for LMo but it will take time.

1. so at the time of application should i attach that offer letter or not.
2. Should I attach my PNP nomination certificate or not.
what ur opinion abt this, How above two things can help her application.
3. How much fund u think is sufficient for financial proof in India for her. My annual pay is $70.

thanks, o canada. your help is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I think there are various options in your case. I feel first you should apply for your PR application with your PNP nomination . I think you will be principal applicant and she will be dependent spouse in that application . After that application you apply for OWP for her based upon her eligibility as dependent spouse of PGWP.

1. I am not sure if attaching this offer letter will make any negative impact. If you want you can attach it saying that your spouse has good job prospects in Canada and she will be able to support family by working here. but the eligibility of this OWP is not this job offer because its Dependent Spouse OWP.

2. If you first apply for PR based upon PNP nomination eligibility before this OWP application then you can refer regarding your PR Application in the sections where it says have you ever applied to Canada before. You can attach your PNP nomination certificate as a proof.

3. Actually you need to show her good ties with home country( India ). This assures a visa officer that should your OWP validity is over you guys will return back to India as you have good job prospects and have good financial resources back home in India .

You may show following as ties to India :

1. she has good job prospects in India, attach her work experience letters , pay stubs , Income tax returns.
2. You may show Bank Balance ( single or your joint accounts ).
3. Any Property on her or your joint name , Any Car or any assets which can be evaluated .
I Feel appx equivalent to 15000 CAD$ ( INR + CAD ) bank balance should be enough.
4. Attach proofs of her previous visits abroad ( Visa copies ) ( if she has any previous travels outside india ) .This shows that she did not abuse any visa laws in the past and is law abiding citizen.

I feel if she has never worked in India then I think you should not show any offer letters from Canada, it might raise any eyebrows that a person never worked in India but got job in Canada while person is still in India.

Rest I am not an expert take help of any other senior members or any Immigration lawyers as well. Best of luck with your applications. Take care.

ojei

Feb 22, 2014
Hi o_Canada,

I need your help please! I'm in Canada and holding PGWP, and my wife want to apply for OWP. We have prepared all documents; however, we can't find any place to upload my contract and pay stubs,etc. Would you please tell me how to upload those documents? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojei said:
Hi o_Canada,

I need your help please! I'm in Canada and holding PGWP, and my wife want to apply for OWP. We have prepared all documents; however, we can't find any place to upload my contract and pay stubs,etc. Would you please tell me how to upload those documents? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.
I hope you are creating a covering letter mentioning the reason of this OWP. If you are creating then at the end of the covering letter say

Enclosed Following Additional Supporting Documents:

1. Sponsoring spouse's job contract .
2. Sponsoring spouse's Pay Stubs.
3. etc....
4. etc....

Merge all the documents together into one PDF file and append them as Page 2, 3,4 and so on. Page1 being covering letter. This will become one PDF file containing multiple pages. You can upload this one PDF file in Covering letter / Purpose of Visit section.
I believe the size of this PDF file containing multiple pages should be less than 4 MB or check the latest requirements from CIC if it gives you any error while uploading. I hope this helps you.

jgelbolingo

Sep 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
03-April-2013 - NBI submitted
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014
O_Canada said:
I hope you are creating a covering letter mentioning the reason of this OWP. If you are creating then at the end of the covering letter say

3. etc....
4. etc....

Merge all the documents together into one PDF file and append them as Page 2, 3,4 and so on. Page1 being covering letter. This will become one PDF file containing multiple pages. You can upload this one PDF file in Covering letter / Purpose of Visit section.
I believe the size of this PDF file containing multiple pages should be less than 4 MB or check the latest requirements from CIC if it gives you any error while uploading. I hope this helps you.
Hi O'Canada,

I apply for my work permit as high skilled for a welder and include my wife on my application for open work permit (my wife is currently working in Canada now) She was only ask to fill out the change of status, but did not submit the medical yet, she was not ask yet. I already receive request for medical from CIC, but I just wonder why my wife was not ask for her medical yet. Is it maybe CIC will process mine first and will just process my wife later on. Any idea?

Thanks

ojei

Feb 22, 2014
O_Canada said:

3. etc....
4. etc....

Hi o_canada,
Thanks for you reply. At the upload page, what I can found are the application form, supporting documents:medical exam, passport, photo, education form and proof of relationship. And optional documents: schedule 1 and letter of explanation. I can't found the section which is named covering letter/purpose of visit. Can you help again, please? Thank you.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojei said:
Hi o_canada,
Thanks for you reply. At the upload page, what I can found are the application form, supporting documents:medical exam, passport, photo, education form and proof of relationship. And optional documents: schedule 1 and letter of explanation. I can't found the section which is named covering letter/purpose of visit. Can you help again, please? Thank you.

letter of explanation = Covering Letter

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Hi O_Canada, based on your experience, is it ok to send an additional document in my online application even if it is not yet asked? At the time of submission, mu husband's t4 is not yet available. However, since now that its ready, Im thinking of sending it to add in my application. Thanks for your input

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maling said:
Hi O_Canada, based on your experience, is it ok to send an additional document in my online application even if it is not yet asked? At the time of submission, mu husband's t4 is not yet available. However, since now that its ready, Im thinking of sending it to add in my application. Thanks for your input
I remember sending additional documents once Visa officer asks for it through MyCIC online application. But I am not sure if the system will allow you to send additional documents online If you have already submitted your online application through MyCIC portal. Anyhow try attaching the document and see if it allows. I do not see any harm in sending that additional information. I used this online application last year in Jan 2013, it has been more than 1 year so CIC might have updated the application to send additional documents after submitting online application .