Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
O_Canada said:
I remember sending additional documents once Visa officer asks for it through MyCIC online application. But I am not sure if the system will allow you to send additional documents online If you have already submitted your online application through MyCIC portal. Anyhow try attaching the document and see if it allows. I do not see any harm in sending that additional information. I used this online application last year in Jan 2013, it has been more than 1 year so CIC might have updated the application to send additional documents after submitting online application .
As on date it still says that once application is submitted we cannot send additional documents unless asked by the VO. However, Im a bit scared bec Ive been seeing several cases that some applications are outright refused due to some docs that were not submitted. I was thinking that VO would ask for it before refusing right away.

What I am thinking is to send by email because in myCIC account it is not possible.

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
jgelbolingo said:
Hi O'Canada,

I apply for my work permit as high skilled for a welder and include my wife on my application for open work permit (my wife is currently working in Canada now) She was only ask to fill out the change of status, but did not submit the medical yet, she was not ask yet. I already receive request for medical from CIC, but I just wonder why my wife was not ask for her medical yet. Is it maybe CIC will process mine first and will just process my wife later on. Any idea?

Thanks

h

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Hi, I would like to ask if we could change the information for the NOC and employer even after the application has been sent? My husband's application for spouse open work permit has already been submitted online using my current job as support. Recently, I got a job offer with better pay and in my line of work but I'm afraid to take it because it might affect my husband's application. Thank you

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI All,

I am from India and my wife is on a study permit in Canada.

I wish to apply for a SOWP and join her ASAP.
Is there anyone who can help me with the documentation for this and what are the chances for the acceptance.

Thanks
Dheeraj

michael18

Apr 14, 2014
O_Canada said:
Scan the remaining documents and Append Them to the Letter of invite (optional) as Page 2 , 3 , onwards .

In the Letter of Invite from Spouse , he/she can mention that .

I am also enclosing the copies of my job offer letter showing that my work is in a skilled category, and copies of my pay stubs etc....

Close that letter of invite as ( at the bottom )

Enclosed:

1. partner's job offer letter .
2. Copy of Partner's Pay Stubs.
3. ................ Any additional documents which you wanna send to CIC.

So CIC will know that these additional documents are attached with this Letter

But make sure to keep the size of this Complete PDF or Word file less than 4MB.

I hope this helps you, Good Luck.
Hello sir, i need your help i am applying for SOWP, my wife is in canada and shes the one sponsoring me and we had this checklist on our online application

-Offer of Employment
-CV/Resume
-Passport or Travel Document
-Employment Contract
-Digital Photo
-Letter from Current Employer
-Proof that you meet the requirements of the ob being offered
-Employment Reference Letter
-Schedule 1 -Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada
-Add Letter of Explanation

Whose who will provide this requirements.. and where should my wife attached her pay stub, partner's job offer letter and other documents and we just got married recently, can you please give us some advice, please sir.

Thanks sir.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Hi o_canada,

I am in canada on work permit till Feb, 2015. My husband is in India. Can I apply SOWP for him online within canda.
If so, which documents do I need. One more thing, our PR application is in processing. Do I need to mention this some where while applying.

Hoping for quick response.

Thanks,

ganesh.cafe

Dec 16, 2012
Hi,
any body place help me. Who should show proof of funds to apply sowp online. Who should show fund,spouse or principal applicant. Or any one is fine.

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ganesh.cafe said:
Hi,
any body place help me. Who should show proof of funds to apply sowp online. Who should show fund,spouse or principal applicant. Or any one is fine.
the principal applicant should show the most of the funds.. if possible joint accounts/ funds.. any immovable assets like house/plots etc..
do include the spouse funds too..

Vishnu93

Feb 27, 2015
Hello all,
My wife's TRV visa has been rejected.I have a valid post graduate work permit until Feb 2020. I am working under skill A NOC classification on a permanent full time basis since May 2017. I got married in June 2017 and applied for my wife's TRV(I think I should have applied for SOWP) from India and got rejected.

My timeline:
Applied : June 13, 2017
Rejected and received passport on July 7, 2017.

Submitted documents;
1) Application for TRV, Family information form
2) Financials (Bank statements with balance of 6500 CAD, paystubs, job offer letter, employment confirmation letter with NOC skill, designation and starting date, tax filing docs for past two years) + my wife showed around 5 lakhs (roughly equal to 10,000 CAD) in her Indian bank account.
3) Marriage certificate, photos, invitation
4)My passport, workpermit
5) Letter of invitation from me

I am currently co-sharing a place with my friends. So I don't have any proof to show my name in any rental agreement or utility bill. But I did submitted the bank statement which shows my address. I was planning to take my own place once my wife's visa got approved. I explained this in my letter of explanation about my address issue.

We didn't mention anything about my wife's job or her experience. She has around 2.5 years of experience in software industry.

The reason for rejection: Other reasons: Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

This is what mentioned as reason for rejection.

Now I am thinking of applying for Spousal Open work permit. Please shed some lights on this and the necessary documents required. Thanks!

Akashyap

Nov 27, 2019
Hi O_ Canada,

Need your help on the following:

I would like to apply for a spousal open work permit for my wife and dependant visa for kids from India. I am already in Canada on LMIA based work permits starting from Nov 2019 till Oct 2021.

Can you please suggest on the following points-

1. Is she eligible for SOWP as I have LMIA based job offer? If yes, after how long should I apply for her work permit? Is there any specific wait time as I joined my job here in Toronto in Nov2019 only?

2. How many pay stubs are required to file the application?

3. What all documents will be required for the application? I came up with the following docs. Please add if any more are required:

a. WP application form
b. Before and after marriage pics
c. Property papers
d. ITR
e. Proof of funds
g. Husband's LMIA approval letter
h. Husband'spay stubs( 2-3)
i. Husband's job offer letter
j. Do my husband need to explain in a letter why are we applying for my work permit separately?

4. Shall I apply SOWP for my wife and my kids ( 13 yrs and 7 yrs) as dependants or study permit?

Thanks in advance.

Akashyap

Nov 27, 2019
Anyone on this? Please help.

Hi O_ Canada,

Need your help on the following:

I would like to apply for a spousal open work permit for my wife and a dependant visa for kids from India. I am already in Canada on LMIA based work permits starting from Nov 2019 till Oct 2021.

Can you please suggest on the following points-

1. Is she eligible for SOWP as I have LMIA based job offer? If yes, after how long should I apply for her work permit? Is there any specific wait time as I joined my job here in Toronto in Nov2019 only?

2. How many pay stubs are required to file the application?

3. What all documents will be required for the application? I came up with the following docs. Please add if any more are required:

a. WP application form
b. Before and after marriage pics
c. Property papers
d. ITR
e. Proof of funds
g. Husband's LMIA approval letter
h. Husband'spay stubs( 2-3)
i. Husband's job offer letter
j. Do my husband need to explain in a letter why are we applying for my work permit separately?

4. Shall I apply SOWP for my wife and my kids ( 13 yrs and 7 yrs) as dependants or study permit?

Thanks in advance.

Adriel B

Feb 15, 2021
Hii,
If anyone could tell where to upload the documents( job letter and paystubs of spouse) for open work permit extension application. Can I upload in additional documents section??