+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

madhu@

May 1, 2016
Hi
What is the time frame now for spouse open work permit. I have applied on March 17,2016 through lawyer. Still it is showing in progress.

Thank you

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madhu@ said:
Hi
What is the time frame now for spouse open work permit. I have applied on March 17,2016 through lawyer. Still it is showing in progress.

Thank you
The processing time depends on the country of residence of the applicant. You can check it for your country in the below link. CIC updates the times every week.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
madhu@ said:
Hi

Thank you

Hi
Have you got medical request ?

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
Hello Navprateeek,

Do you know how long do they take to stamp passport after passport is requested for further processing. VFS, hyderabad has mention that they are sending passport to Bangalore and will take 5 business days which has passed.

Any suggestions or should i wait for 2 more days before contacting VFS?

Thanks,
Subhk

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
subhk said:
Hello Navprateeek,

Do you know how long do they take to stamp passport after passport is requested for further processing. VFS, hyderabad has mention that they are sending passport to Bangalore and will take 5 business days which has passed.

Any suggestions or should i wait for 2 more days before contacting VFS?

Thanks,
Subhk
Hi Subhk,

It takes 1 to 2 weeks to get your passport back with visa stamp.

You can contact VFS any time on their customer care number to know the progress.

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
GreenHak said:
Hi Subhk,

It takes 1 to 2 weeks to get your passport back with visa stamp.

You can contact VFS any time on their customer care number to know the progress.
GreenHak,

Thanks for responding....

VFS mentioned that processing time is 5 working days....weird....

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
subhk said:
GreenHak,

Thanks for responding....

VFS mentioned that processing time is 5 working days....weird....
VFS is just a collection center. They are like franchise of bluedart with individual brand that mediate you and visa office.

It all depends on the visa office, how long it takes. They just tell you some approximate days to have you confident in their service. They are not entitled to do any official interaction with you.

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
GreenHak said:
VFS is just a collection center. They are like franchise of bluedart with individual brand that mediate you and visa office.

It all depends on the visa office, how long it takes. They just tell you some approximate days to have you confident in their service. They are not entitled to do any official interaction with you.
Ok makes sense....

Preet5412

May 6, 2016
Hii everyone i applied spouse open work permit 22 march and i am waiting for my medical when it will come please tell me thanks

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
madhu@ said:
Hi

Thank you

Hi
Madhu this is paper or online application ? And have you got medical request ? Please reply I am in same situation

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi all,

We applied for my spouse's open work permit as an online application on March 21st, 2016 through an attorney in Canada. CIC updated the medicals to passed and requested a payment for the open work permit.. But today when I was checking the status in this link https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433
it says his application is closed and refused. How can I trust the information on this link? It says it is an eTA status tracker does it show true information on Work permit too?
I am tensed and worried. Please help..

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sthomas9345 said:
Hi all,

We applied for my spouse's open work permit as an online application on March 21st, 2016 through an attorney in Canada. CIC updated the medicals to passed and requested a payment for the open work permit.. But today when I was checking the status in this link https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433
it says his application is closed and refused. How can I trust the information on this link? It says it is an eTA status tracker does it show true information on Work permit too?
I am tensed and worried. Please help..
What does it say in your CIC account? Since it was an online application, your status there should have reflected the change too.