+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

mith89

Aug 4, 2017
Hello everybody. Was inactive for somedays.
If anybody can help me abt Sowp if wife is from other country and husband from another. Should we apply together from our separate countries?

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
A guy name ravi Kumar applied on 28 dec , got medical request on 7 feb , medical submited 10 feb , and on 12 he got ppr
i applied on 28 dec, i thought it was quick because my student is about to expire in July 2018. and they made the decision very early this could be the of the reason my spouse got visa isn't it?

correct me if i am wrong?

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
i applied on 28 dec, i thought it was quick because my student is about to expire in July 2018. and they made the decision very early this could be the of the reason my spouse got visa isn't it?

correct me if i am wrong?
No, this is not like this , when u applied processing time was 12 weeks, but after that it comes to the 9 weeks , and it remains for at least 5 weeks, thatswhy your file was processed so early.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
No, this is not like this , when u applied processing time was 12 weeks, but after that it comes to the 9 weeks , and it remains for at least 5 weeks, thatswhy your file was processed so early.
ohh okkay lets make a scenario what if my study permit expires before my spouse gets the visa? they would refuse the application right? and i have to apply for her extension before July because my spouse got her visa only for three months.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Dear Members,

We got a new lawyer (Experienced One) for my SOWP application, the lawyer send an email to my wife with the list of the documents needed for SOWP. I sent the lawyer an email and asked about the following doubts, unfortunately no response from him. It is my 3rd time application and I am scared completely, I cannot take any risk with my application this time, So please have a look on it.

I will apply only after I receive my GCMS Notes.

· IMM 1295 - Please have your spouse fill out the to the best of his ability (he is not required to sign this form) - Application for Work Permit made outside of Canada

· IMM 5645 - Please have your spouse fill out the and have your spouse sign it (Family Information Form)

· IMM 5476 - Please have your spouse sign #10 (Use A Representative Form)

· Digital picture of your spouse - My Question - How many photos?

· Copy of your marriage certificate - My question - I have to send him our marriage photos and Video Call screenshot to proof our relationship status & communication history?

· Copy of your spouse’s passport - My question - I have 2 passport, I have an old cancelled passport and my new one. So I have to prepare copy of the both passport?

· Copy of your most recent work permit - My wife will provide it

· Copy of your 3-4 most recent paystubs - My wife will provide it

· Letter from your employer - My wife will provide it

· Copy of your nomination - My wife will provide it

· Copy of your or your spouse’s bank account statement - My Question - How many months/Period?

· Copy of your bank statement - My wife statement - My Question - How many months/Period?

· IELTS for your spouse (if they have it) - I don't have it - My question - Is IELTS compulsory for SOWP?

· Copy of your spouse’s education documents - I will provide it

· Copy of your spouse job letter (if employed) - My Question - I am in UAE since May 2011, I have my visa stamped on my passport with employer name and my profession includes my name, So again I have to prepare my job letter from my company?

· Copy of any land documents in spouse name - My Question - Is it a compulsory document? I don't have any property on my name, my father is the owner, So my parents can prepare an Affidavit and then with the help of a Chartered Accountant prepare a Valuation Certificate?

· Police Certificate for spouse - I will provide it from India & UAE

· Medical for spouse - I don't want to take an Upfront Medical, I will take the medical only when CIC requested for it, I am expecting for our PR Medical request soon.

· Birth Certificate for spouse - I will provide it.

In addition to the above documents requested from the Lawyer I have to prepare anything extra?

1) Accommodation Proof from My wife?
2)Our marriage photos?
3)Video Call screenshot & Whatsapp chat for 1 Month to proof our relationship status & communication history?
4)And if anything else?

Waiting for your kind reply and advise, God bless you

Thanks & Best Regards

Jz7881

Mar 19, 2018
I applied 20 july 2017
Received september 25
Still waiting.i did paper inland with preventative.is someone like me there?

sneha_patel

Mar 5, 2018
Hi ,

I have applied at 12th Jan 2018 and got medical request at 5th march.
I have done medical at 15th march.
Now i am waiting for next step. :(

Harshitagupta

Jun 20, 2017
Hi All,

Need some help here, sorry if it has already been addressed
1) I am applying for open spouse work permit for my husband, along with my WP application. Reading the previous posts there is delay in getting approval for Open WP, so will this impact the time for my WP approval as well ?
2) How can we get unrestricted Open WP for my husband (any location and employer) ? In the application it asks for a province where the family member will be staying. We are not sure about it yet. If I put a province name like Ontario for open WP, then will it be problem entering Canada from any other province at port of entry ?

Sunny1988

Feb 13, 2018
Hey Guys, its really troubling me to see soo many people who are still waiting for their Open work permits to get approved. On CIC website, it says that post submitting a completed spouse open work permit application within Canada, it takes about 6 weeks for embassy to process it. Can someone please tell me more about getting an open work permit at the port of entry? My wife is having an employer specific work permit and i am in Canada on a visitor visa. Someone told me that his wife got an open work permit from immigration officer as and when she landed in Canada along with him. So, lets say that i decide to leave Canada for now and at a later point in time, fly back to canada along with my wife. Will i be issued an open work permit there and then at the port of entry? If yes, do the immigration officer requires any documents before they issue the permit? Looking forward to your replies...

uuser28

May 1, 2018
Dear Members,

We got a new lawyer (Experienced One) for my SOWP application, the lawyer send an email to my wife with the list of the documents needed for SOWP. I sent the lawyer an email and asked about the following doubts, unfortunately no response from him. It is my 3rd time application and I am scared completely, I cannot take any risk with my application this time, So please have a look on it.

I will apply only after I receive my GCMS Notes.

· IMM 1295 - Please have your spouse fill out the to the best of his ability (he is not required to sign this form) - Application for Work Permit made outside of Canada

· IMM 5645 - Please have your spouse fill out the and have your spouse sign it (Family Information Form)

· IMM 5476 - Please have your spouse sign #10 (Use A Representative Form)

· Digital picture of your spouse - My Question - How many photos?

· Copy of your marriage certificate - My question - I have to send him our marriage photos and Video Call screenshot to proof our relationship status & communication history?

· Copy of your spouse’s passport - My question - I have 2 passport, I have an old cancelled passport and my new one. So I have to prepare copy of the both passport?

· Copy of your most recent work permit - My wife will provide it

· Copy of your 3-4 most recent paystubs - My wife will provide it

· Letter from your employer - My wife will provide it

· Copy of your nomination - My wife will provide it

· Copy of your or your spouse’s bank account statement - My Question - How many months/Period?

· Copy of your bank statement - My wife statement - My Question - How many months/Period?

· IELTS for your spouse (if they have it) - I don't have it - My question - Is IELTS compulsory for SOWP?

· Copy of your spouse’s education documents - I will provide it

· Copy of your spouse job letter (if employed) - My Question - I am in UAE since May 2011, I have my visa stamped on my passport with employer name and my profession includes my name, So again I have to prepare my job letter from my company?

· Copy of any land documents in spouse name - My Question - Is it a compulsory document? I don't have any property on my name, my father is the owner, So my parents can prepare an Affidavit and then with the help of a Chartered Accountant prepare a Valuation Certificate?

· Police Certificate for spouse - I will provide it from India & UAE

· Medical for spouse - I don't want to take an Upfront Medical, I will take the medical only when CIC requested for it, I am expecting for our PR Medical request soon.

· Birth Certificate for spouse - I will provide it.

In addition to the above documents requested from the Lawyer I have to prepare anything extra?

1) Accommodation Proof from My wife?
2)Our marriage photos?
3)Video Call screenshot & Whatsapp chat for 1 Month to proof our relationship status & communication history?
4)And if anything else?

Waiting for your kind reply and advise, God bless you

Thanks & Best Regards
hi,
how did you stuff go?
I have some circumstances. Was your lawyer any good.
Can you recommend one

sancanada

Dec 20, 2017
canada
hi,
how did you stuff go?
I have some circumstances. Was your lawyer any good.
Can you recommend one
Hi
Most of the documents like birth certificate or pcc are not required ,consultants generally give exhaustive list to sound that they are the best.Your best course should wait for GCMS Notes before engaging any consultant