+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit from India

AshaKrish

Oct 23, 2019
Hello! Anybody applied for spouse open work permit from India recently,please share your timeline of processing.Thanks!

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
We applied for my wife's open work permit on Sep 16 (I am in Canada with Study Permit). We are from Nepal, but the application is processed in New Delhi. The application has been stuck at "background check" and "reviewing eligibility" from the beginning. We have not received a request for medical.

When did you apply? Did you get a request for medical? Did you give upfront medical? What is your progress?

AshaKrish

Oct 23, 2019
Hello,My husband is in canada on his Post Graduate work permit,I applied from India online on September 30th,did Biometrics on October 3rd, October 5th biometrics updated,Medical request on October 15th,Medical passed on October 19th,
It is showing reviewing eligibility and background checks in progress.

Did you apply online or paper application?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
I applied for my wife who is in India on September 17, Biometrics done on September 20, Review for eligibility started after Biometric since then no update still waiting for medical request.

Mr.NoName

Oct 29, 2019
Hello! Anybody applied for spouse open work permit from India recently,please share your timeline of processing.Thanks!
Hello, I have applied for myself for a spouse open work permit, my wife is a student doing her masters in Canada. I applied for SOWP online on June 30th and after a long silence of 3 months 23 days my application was approved on Oct 23th and have received Passport request on the same day. I have submitted my passport in VFS global on Oct 24th and expecting it to be returned in a week probably.

So I would say the timeline would be around 3-4 months or it may vary case to case. Be sure and perfect with your documentation. Good Luck..!!

Cheers..!!

Last edited:

Souni

Oct 23, 2019
Hello .is there anyone who applied for study permit and Spouse open work permit together from USA .please respond and share your timeline.
Thank you

AshaKrish

Oct 23, 2019
Hello, I have applied for myself for a spouse open work permit, my wife is a student doing her masters in Canada. I applied for SOWP online on June 30th and after a long silence of 3 months 23 days my application was approved on Oct 23th and have received Passport request on the same day. I have submitted my passport in VFS global on Oct 24th and expecting it to be returned in a week probably.

So I would say the timeline would be around 3-4 months or it may vary case to case. Be sure and perfect with your documentation. Good Luck..!!

Cheers..!!
Congrats! Fingers crossed

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
I applied for my wife who is in India on September 17, Biometrics done on September 20, Review for eligibility started after Biometric since then no update still waiting for medical request.
My wife applied on Sep 16 from Nepal as well. I am on Study Permit. The application is still stuck on review of eligibility and no medical request yet. Fingers crossed.

Do let us know if there is any progress!

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

mughal1

Aug 18, 2019

Cheers..!!
Hi,
I want to apply for spouse open work permit could you please suggest what additional documents we need to upload other than the documents checklist for smooth application process.
Also is there anyone who applied for their kids visa along with SOWP? my kid is 8 years old, should i apply for study permit or visitor visa for him. Will be thankful if anyone can guide me.
Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I want to apply for spouse open work permit could you please suggest what additional documents we need to upload other than the documents checklist for smooth application process.
Also is there anyone who applied for their kids visa along with SOWP? my kid is 8 years old, should i apply for study permit or visitor visa for him. Will be thankful if anyone can guide me.
Thanks.
The checklist is there for a reason. No other documents are required other than on the checklist. You should apply for TRV fo4 your child. Some visa officers decide that the child needs a study permit but that is rare and TRV is enough according to the instructions.