Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Any one in this forum who had applied from India for spouse (SOWP) along with children aged 9 years and above and received PPR? If so, could share timelines and challenges. Is it children on visitor visa are allowed to study in schools?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Any one in this forum who had applied from India for spouse (SOWP) along with children aged 9 years and above and received PPR? If so, could share timelines and challenges. Is it children on visitor visa are allowed to study in schools?
OWP and TRV or study permit aren’t guaranteed for families of international students. If approved it often takes around 6 months to get an OWP for a spouse.

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OWP and TRV or study permit aren’t guaranteed for families of international students. If approved it often takes around 6 months to get an OWP for a spouse.
Thanks for the information on timelines. However, is it we have to apply for study permit for children (age 10 years) instead of visitor visa? I'm not clear for children aged 10 years who can we apply for study visa? Appreciate if you could share any additional details in this regards. Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the information on timelines. However, is it we have to apply for study permit for children (age 10 years) instead of visitor visa? I'm not clear for children aged 10 years who can we apply for study visa? Appreciate if you could share any additional details in this regards. Thanks in advance.
Technically you should be able to apply for a TRV but many applications are being returned and being told to apply for a study permits of your child is over age 5. I would suggest applying for a study permit fora 10 year old. You don’t need an acceptance letter. Indicate that the child will attend the local public school if the parent’s study permit gets approved.

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your swift response. I have already applied TRV (for my children) along with SOWP a month before. I'm bit tensed now looking at the study permit scenario for children above 5 years. How do I move further? Any thoughts or valuable suggestions?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your swift response. I have already applied TRV (for my children) along with SOWP a month before. I'm bit tensed now looking at the study permit scenario for children above 5 years. How do I move further? Any thoughts or valuable suggestions?
Would wait and see if you are accepted and wait and see if their is a request for your children to apply for study permits.

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another quick question. Can I raise webform for submitting PCC (police clearance certificate) now?

karthikchari

Feb 5, 2022
Applied for my wife on Dec 6th and no updates still. Background check is in progress and eligibility assessment is yet to start . Not Sure when they are going to process the application. She already hold Valid work permit before but couldn't give port of entry before Visa expiry since kid's Visitor visa processing got delayed

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hello, what happened with your case? since I'm in the same situation.

Sujith_SU

Nov 15, 2022
We applied for my wife's open work permit on Sep 16 (I am in Canada with Study Permit). We are from Nepal, but the application is processed in New Delhi. The application has been stuck at "background check" and "reviewing eligibility" from the beginning. We have not received a request for medical.

When did you apply? Did you get a request for medical? Did you give upfront medical? What is your progress?

I have applied spouse open wp and completed biometric on Oct 7 2022, after that no update yet.