+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit from India

navinbhagat

Oct 31, 2019
Hi
My wife is studying PG in canada(may 2019 batch). I applied for visitor visa to visit her for a week on 9 oct 2019 but it got declined on 23rd oct 2019.

I have also applied for my EE in july 2019. My EE score is bit low so i did not receive any response from immigration yet.

Someone told me now that i should have applied for open work permit at the first place. And one of my friend told me that i should not have applied for any visa because im already in EE pool. Kindly guide me what should i do?

mughal1

Aug 18, 2019
The checklist is there for a reason. No other documents are required other than on the checklist. You should apply for TRV fo4 your child. Some visa officers decide that the child needs a study permit but that is rare and TRV is enough according to the instructions.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Is there any specific amount of balance I have to show in my bank account?
Also in the TRV form what should my wife and kid write for the very first question "indicate whether you are principal applicant or spouse etc"

Thanks in anticipation

Reactions: Don'tknow91

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Is there any specific amount of balance I have to show in my bank account?
Also in the TRV form what should my wife and kid write for the very first question "indicate whether you are principal applicant or spouse etc"

Thanks in anticipation
There is no exact figure required. If your wife is applying she is the PA.

mughal1

Aug 18, 2019
Thanks a lot
I have one more question. I am already in Canada, what should my wife answer for the question being asked while generating checklist " are you accompanying a person having status in Canada"?? She answered it as YES.

Smita07

Nov 2, 2019
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hello, I have applied for myself for a spouse open work permit, my wife is a student doing her masters in Canada. I applied for SOWP online on June 30th and after a long silence of 3 months 23 days my application was approved on Oct 23th and have received Passport request on the same day. I have submitted my passport in VFS global on Oct 24th and expecting it to be returned in a week probably.

So I would say the timeline would be around 3-4 months or it may vary case to case. Be sure and perfect with your documentation. Good Luck..!!

Cheers..!!
Hi Im about to apply for study permit my husband is in Canada on study permit, its is possible to share letter of intent which u have provided while ur work permit application that would be helpful my email address is s.dahatre@gmail.com
TIA

glencybabyvengassery

May 7, 2014
I applied online on 5th October.
Biometrics and medical completed on 14 October.
Decision is still pending.
We are processing your background check.
Your application is in progress.

Any one get approval recently. How many days took to approve after biometrics.

AshaKrish

Oct 23, 2019
I applied online on 5th October.
Biometrics and medical completed on 14 October.
Decision is still pending.
We are processing your background check.
Your application is in progress.

Any one get approval recently. How many days took to approve after biometrics.
Hello,My husband is in canada on his Post Graduate work permit,I applied from India online on September 30th,did Biometrics on October 3rd, October 5th biometrics updated,Medical request on October 15th,Medical passed on October 19th,
It is showing reviewing eligibility and background checks in progress.

No updates after this.I am still waiting

AshaKrish

Oct 23, 2019
Do you have more travel history? I heard if we have more travel history it will take more time to approve.
Actually I have been working in the United Arab Emirates for 5 years.And I have attached all my entry and exit stamps in the passport with the application.

What about you?Do you have any previous travel outside the country?

glencybabyvengassery

May 7, 2014
Yeah same for me to I have UK, UAE, Qatar travel histories.... I also attached... Same as you said. Most probably this is the reason for delays. what profession you are?