+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit for International Student 2019/

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Below are the documents which I submitted for SOWP:

1. Wife's Visa stamps copy, passport copy, Offer letter from the college (Ideally every college provides the LOA but in our case the college dont provide the LOA instead they provide Offer letter...I am not sure if this could be a reason for rejection), fee receipts, enrollment letter, Study permit, work permit
2. 3 Months bank statement of the home country.
3. Canadian Bank Statement
4. Educational Credentials (10th to the highest education)
5. Marriage certificate
6. Police clearance certificate
7. Upfront medical done.
8. Digital Photo
9. Updated resume and National identity of the home country.
10. Current employer's offer letter and last 3months salary slips.
11. All the documents related to the past employment.

GSB1496

Jan 2, 2019
HOW
Below are the documents which I submitted for SOWP:

1. Wife's Visa stamps copy, passport copy, Offer letter from the college (Ideally every college provides the LOA but in our case the college dont provide the LOA instead they provide Offer letter...I am not sure if this could be a reason for rejection), fee receipts, enrollment letter, Study permit, work permit
2. 3 Months bank statement of the home country.
3. Canadian Bank Statement
4. Educational Credentials (10th to the highest education)
5. Marriage certificate
6. Police clearance certificate
7. Upfront medical done.
8. Digital Photo
9. Updated resume and National identity of the home country.
10. Current employer's offer letter and last 3months salary slips.
11. All the documents related to the past employment.
How much money have you shown in your bank acct?
and can we talk on phone regarding this.?
3 Months bank statement of the home country.-?? Your statement?
Agent name?

GSB1496

Jan 2, 2019
How much money have you shown in your bank acct?
and can we talk on phone regarding this.?
3 Months bank statement of the home country.-?? Your statement?
Agent name?

Pateldpk

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Guys, Need your guidance. Is it compulsory to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit after student complete 1st Semester in college? Or you can apply straight away after student land to Canada and get enrollment letter and other docs from college for application to start?

Nusrat Joba

Aug 25, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am going to apply for my student visa in Canada. I want to apply for my spouse SOWP visa along with my application. I mean we both want to land there together. Is it possible to apply and get the visa together?

H_arman22

May 14, 2019
"..There has been a lot of fake marriages done and using this permit as an easy way to work and get PR.

They will not 100% guarantee you a visa but the only other choice is visitor visa.
What happens to people who are not believed?..Is it the same penalty as "marriages of convenience" or they are just refused?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
What happens to people who are not believed?..Is it the same penalty as "marriages of convenience" or they are just refused?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/marriage-fraud.html

Visa applicants
Don’t get involved in a false marriage. We’ll refuse your visa and may ban you from travel to Canada for 5 years. This will stay on your immigration record forever.

We know that even genuine marriages can fail. But, if you enter into a marriage of convenience to come to Canada as an immigrant, we may:

• take legal action against you
  • not allow you to enter Canada for 5 years and
  • deport you from Canada

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/marriage-fraud.html

Visa applicants
Don’t get involved in a false marriage. We’ll refuse your visa and may ban you from travel to Canada for 5 years. This will stay on your immigration record forever.

We know that even genuine marriages can fail. But, if you enter into a marriage of convenience to come to Canada as an immigrant, we may:

• take legal action against you
  • not allow you to enter Canada for 5 years and
  • deport you from Canada
How can we show proof that it is a real marriage? I submitted our marriage certificate and about 10 photos from the last two years since we started dating. We just got married in February and applied in May. We have a large age gap and I'm a US citizen and he is Indian, so I'm worried they may think it is false. What other documents can I send them for proof? We've been waiting for his owp for over 100 days now.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
How can we show proof that it is a real marriage? I submitted our marriage certificate and about 10 photos from the last two years since we started dating. We just got married in February and applied in May. We have a large age gap and I'm a US citizen and he is Indian, so I'm worried they may think it is false. What other documents can I send them for proof? We've been waiting for his owp for over 100 days now.
If you are in an genuine relationship you have nothing to worry about. Do keep in mind that OWP is not a guarantee, and it is know to take some time.

Reactions: meghdee

BadPoo

Aug 4, 2019
Hello Chaps,
I am facing a very strange case !
I applied for student visa which was included my wife OWP request at July 12. I received two same correspondence letters and she got one at August 23rd. Surprisingly she got her PPR at Aug 26th but still no update for me yet as main applicant !!!
Is there anyone here have such experience ?

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hello Chaps,
I am facing a very strange case !
I applied for student visa which was included my wife OWP request at July 12. I received two same correspondence letters and she got one at August 23rd. Surprisingly she got her PPR at Aug 26th but still no update for me yet as main applicant !!!
Is there anyone here have such experience ?
So strange. Mine is just the opposite. I got my study permit approval, also on August 23rd, but still waiting for my husbands OWP. You both got correspondence letters? Or were they both for her application?