+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not accompanying!!

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the proof of funds. I live in a common law union with my Canadian citizen partner. In my application I added him as “non accompanying spouse” since he is already a citizen living in Canada. My question is, I don’t have all the money needed in my account to qualify for FSW (2 people = 16k CAD). Can I also use the money that is in my partners personal bank account as proof of funds? I have roughly 8k in my account and he has another 23k. Thank you.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I was in the same situation. I should have received an invitation if I applied without spouse when the draw was at 445 ( with spouse 429). But my spouse is already here so its really hard to say its safe to do so. So we decided to retake ielts when the Idp opened and we managed to boost our score a bit. We are hoping for a CEC draw next week or on the 20 August.
I think you should wait and see if the next CEC draw score goes down. Its hard for IRCC to believe we are not accompanied when he or she is already here and it might be ticked as misrepresentation.
I am waiting but my hopes are now pretty low considering today's draw was open to all programs. I assume that if the next is PNP/CEC then score will be over 440 again, which doesnt help me. I believe I will have to apply without spouse for now as my current ITA expires a couple of days after the next round. My consultant said it shouldnt be a major issue.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the proof of funds. I live in a common law union with my Canadian citizen partner. In my application I added him as “non accompanying spouse” since he is already a citizen living in Canada. My question is, I don’t have all the money needed in my account to qualify for FSW (2 people = 16k CAD). Can I also use the money that is in my partners personal bank account as proof of funds? I have roughly 8k in my account and he has another 23k. Thank you.
No idea. You better get a immigration consultant,

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I got ITA with 447 on May 15. My score was 447 with spouse not accompanying as at the time I got the ITA. With spouse accompanying it will be 438. I had to apply quickly then because my pgwp is expiring next month.
Hows your application going so far?
It's good to know there are more people in the same situation and we can share our paths

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I was in the same situation. I should have received an invitation if I applied without spouse when the draw was at 445 ( with spouse 429). But my spouse is already here so its really hard to say its safe to do so. So we decided to retake ielts when the Idp opened and we managed to boost our score a bit. We are hoping for a CEC draw next week or on the 20 August.
I think you should wait and see if the next CEC draw score goes down. Its hard for IRCC to believe we are not accompanied when he or she is already here and it might be ticked as misrepresentation.
What is your score now? I was in same situation like you but i missed last cec draw which was 445 and my score was 444. Now my spouse retook ielts again and we are able to reach 449.August 20th can be CEC but due to one month gap we never know whether score will stay below 450. Need to analyze data.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
What is your score now? I was in same situation like you but i missed last cec draw which was 445 and my score was 444. Now my spouse retook ielts again and we are able to reach 449.August 20th can be CEC but due to one month gap we never know whether score will stay below 450. Need to analyze data.
A lot of people are retaking IELTS like your wife did and boosting their scores, so in my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong because I want it to drop too, next draw is more likely to increase... I'd secure at least an ITA without spouse and then wait for the next CEC draw to see if scores drop like I'm doing now. It's better to have that than nothing...

Drpak

Oct 6, 2017
Hows your application going so far?
It's good to know there are more people in the same situation and we can share our paths
My application is still in process. I received BIL and MED pass two weeks ago, and no ADR was requested so far.

Reactions: sponsort

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
CEC scores are going up. I just lost my last chance. I will have to do like you guys have done and apply without inland spouse.
Good luck to us all and keep us updated!
Even I lost last chance man. I have 449 but I didnt get chance today. Without spouse my score is 464, not sure how to proceed with this.My spouse is in Canada.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Even I lost last chance man. I have 449 but I didnt get chance today. Without spouse my score is 464, not sure how to proceed with this.My spouse is in Canada.
It's what I said previously. Better have one ITA on hand than nothing. All of us in this tread have inland spouses and applied without them.

Abhi003

Aug 6, 2020
I have created EE profile with spose non-accompanying, where I need to mention the reason? what reason can I mention? what documents do i need for proof of my reason.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I have created EE profile with spose non-accompanying, where I need to mention the reason? what reason can I mention? what documents do i need for proof of my reason.
The reason is given after you receive the ITA. The reason you can mention is you to give as we dont know anything about your life. Just say the truth.

Abhi003

Aug 6, 2020
The reason is given after you receive the ITA. The reason you can mention is you to give as we dont know anything about your life. Just say the truth.
Well the primary applicant is not me but my brother, he doesn't have any particular reason as such but just to get high CRS, he will be giving the reason that his wife isn't willing to give up on her career as of now. Is that a valid reason? Does he needs any proves? can they ask for any further information which will require documentation.

Nif

Jun 20, 2020
Hey i have a doubt...am currently in my hometown and spouse in canada.
We have applied as spouse not accompanying under cec.
Can i travel now to canada ?
Will it affevt the non accompanying pr process?
Anyone?