+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not accompanying!!

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Yes, that’s reason I used. I couldn’t lie. Like I said in my previous posts, I already passed both eligibility and criminality. Security was the only remaining step but the pandemic started and halted their skilled program outland processing due to international travel restriction, as you know. Hopefully, I’ll get update from the office in January.
are you from outside canada?? can you please update once you receive their response in jan?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hi guys.
Update.
Finally got the request to confirm I'm in Canada and send photo for the PR card through the PR Portal.
No issues whatsoever, apart from the long wait, with the fact that my spouse was non-accompanying inland.
Good luck to all who are still waiting for PR approval!
Just to close my history here. I got my PR in July 2021 and my wife got hers in July 2022, 6 months after I sponsored her inland.

nivedhitha

Jul 18, 2019
Just to close my history here. I got my PR in July 2021 and my wife got hers in July 2022, 6 months after I sponsored her inland.
Hey when you sponsored your spouse thru spousal sponsorship, did you again say anything about why she was non accompanying in the first place

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Yes. Nothing to worry.
No I mean what did you say ? Do we have to again mention the reason why she was non accompanying in the first place ?

denuka

Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys.
Update.
Finally got the request to confirm I'm in Canada and send photo for the PR card through the PR Portal.
No issues whatsoever, apart from the long wait, with the fact that my spouse was non-accompanying inland.
Good luck to all who are still waiting for PR approval!
Hey dr are u still available here..

Im in same situation and I and my wife both are in Canada and I’m going to apply spouse non-accompanying. I’m going to apply next month and I think I will receive PR before April of next year. My wife is on open work permit ( dependant ). Her visa is expiring on may next year. So how can she stay further if I get PR before that? Can she apply for visitor visa or extend work permit?

And did u get PR for your spouse after?

really appreciate your valuable reply.

thanks

MiliMat

Sep 3, 2020
Hi everyone, I know it's been a long since you guys completed your PR process, but I’m in the same situation as many of you. Namely, my husband and I are both in Canada, and we have our work visas till 2026. My score is higher if I state that my husband is not going to accompany me in the express entry application. Since he hasn't completed higher education and didn't give IELST, he doesn't bring me extra points, only 7 for his Canada experience, which is not enough of course. Is this a legal process if we are already in Canada is my question, and just to add on this is that I have 2 minor kids who are already in Canada with me, is the process easy to sponsor everyone after I reserve my PR? I'm scared about how they will react since he is already inland and if that's the legal option for us to go with. Thank you everyone for your help here

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hi everyone, I know it's been a long since you guys completed your PR process, but I’m in the same situation as many of you. Namely, my husband and I are both in Canada, and we have our work visas till 2026. My score is higher if I state that my husband is not going to accompany me in the express entry application. Since he hasn't completed higher education and didn't give IELST, he doesn't bring me extra points, only 7 for his Canada experience, which is not enough of course. Is this a legal process if we are already in Canada is my question, and just to add on this is that I have 2 minor kids who are already in Canada with me, is the process easy to sponsor everyone after I reserve my PR? I'm scared about how they will react since he is already inland and if that's the legal option for us to go with. Thank you everyone for your help here
Hi ,
I have heard of this happening but from
What I know the spouse does not be in Canada . If in Canada then you will have to
Document him in the paperwork.

MiliMat

Sep 3, 2020
Hi ,
I have heard of this happening but from
What I know the spouse does not be in Canada . If in Canada then you will have to
Document him in the paperwork.
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it a lot. I saw someone already got their PR the same way, so wanted to see and get more info about his/her process

Dec 19, 2023
Yes, I know people who updated in the site that they did it . I am also doing the same . Just mention the real reason that you are doing for points and it seems to work

Temprofy

Jan 28, 2024
Hello, I'm in quite a unique situation with my application. I applied from within Canada with my common law partner as a dependent. We are both living in Canada, and we both have a PGWP. I received an ITA and our situation has changed since applying. We are expecting our first child in march, and we are having some financial issues and cannot afford the fees for her as a dependent. My partner suggested that I switch her to non-accompanying since she already lives here and she has a work permit. I'm concerned that this is to big of a change for my profile after receiving an ITA. I will lose points for this, however I am still above the minimum points needed for my group and I still qualify for the group I got invited into (Trade occupations). I'm afraid that this is to big of a change on my profile for after receiving an ITA. Should I decline the invitation or will this change not effect my application?

Prathab

Mar 26, 2024
HI everyone,
we are in Canada only
I am also in same situation so kindly let me know what we need to do while applying the PR process without my wife and