+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not accompanying!!

NissyAnn

May 7, 2019
Friends,

I need urgent help. I created EE profile for myself and my spouse in May 2019 and our CRS points are 449 only so lesser chance of getting an ITA. Then my husband suggested that I proceed with my own application and the CRS becomes 468.
If so how can I remove my spouse from the current profile?
ALSO I am now 5 months pregnant and the baby is due in May 2020. Before that, I am trying to finish off the process at least for myself. And later sponsor my spouse and the baby.

IF I AM PROCEEDING FOR MYSELF should I still get my spouse's PCC and Medical also?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Friends,

I need urgent help. I created EE profile for myself and my spouse in May 2019 and our CRS points are 449 only so lesser chance of getting an ITA. Then my husband suggested that I proceed with my own application and the CRS becomes 468.
ALSO I am now 5 months pregnant and the baby is due in May 2020. Before that, I am trying to finish off the process at least for myself. And later sponsor my spouse and the baby.

IF I AM PROCEEDING FOR MYSELF should I still get my spouse's PCC and Medical also?
What is your current status in Canada? Is your husband already in Canada? If so you’re not going to be able to claim non-accompanying.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Friends,

Go to the top, drop and select modify family information. There you can declare married and spouse not accompanying

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This isn't correct. She can go with unaccompanying and add a LOE about how adding spouse affects her scores even if her spouse is in Canada.
Recently we have seen that most applications where a spouse is listed as non accompanying are getting denied if the spouse is living in Canada.

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Friends,

if you have your baby after your PR application has been submitted you won't need to sponsor your baby, you'll just add the baby to your application.
Only your husband would need to be sponsored..

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Recently we have seen that most applications where a spouse is listed as non accompanying are getting denied if the spouse is living in Canada.
Hi, from the thread you posted, we can see the problem was not applying unaccompanied but not explaining the reason why he chose to do so.

You can see they proceeded with requesting schedule A after he explained the situation.

I'll reiterate that OP cannot be denied if a good LOE is attached to the application.

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, from the thread you posted, we can see the problem was not applying unaccompanied but not explaining the reason why he chose to do so.

You can see they proceeded with requesting schedule A after he explained the situation.

I'll reiterate that OP cannot be denied if a good LOE is attached to the application.
Sure they can apply as non-accompanying. It did say they were questioned about the spouse being non-accompanying although the spouse was already in Canada. If the spouse is outside Canada it won’t be an issue but if they are both in Canada it will. We have seen numerous PFLs recently because of this issue.

It is unclear whether OP is in Canada or not. She should also be aware that there is an up to 3 month wait time to qualify for healthcare in some provinces and there are healthcare residency requirements if she does get to Canada and gives birth. She would have to stay for over 6 months. If the baby is born in her home country she can contact IRCC and add the baby to her application. It will only add a few more months. She will have to consider childcare costs if she moves to Canada to sponsor her husband. Childcare is extremely expensive if she plans on working and putting the baby in childcare.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sure they can apply as non-accompanying. It did say they were questioned about the spouse being non-accompanying although the spouse was already in Canada. If the spouse is outside Canada it won’t be an issue but if they are both in Canada it will. We have seen numerous PFLs recently because of this issue.
The PFLs all seem to be for situations where three conditions are met: the spouse is non-accompanying, the spouse is in Canada AND as part of the original application package the primary sponsor has not included an LOE explaining that the spouse is non-accompanying due to points. Applicants who include an LOE with the original application all seem to be fine. OP should just include an LOE and there should be no issue even if the spouse is in Canada.

Reactions: tobs and Fantastica

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The PFLs all seem to be for situations where three conditions are met: the spouse is non-accompanying, the spouse is in Canada AND as part of the original application package the primary sponsor has not included an LOE explaining that the spouse is non-accompanying due to points. Applicants who include an LOE with the original application all seem to be fine. OP should just include an LOE and there should be no issue even if the spouse is in Canada.
Went back and looked at other cases. Doesn’t seem like many have updated whether explaining that a spouse was put as non-accompanying was accepted to get a higher CRS score was accepted. The PFL for non-accompanying are relatively new.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Went back and looked at other cases. Doesn’t seem like many have updated whether explaining that a spouse was put as non-accompanying was accepted to get a higher CRS score was accepted. The PFL for non-accompanying are relatively new.
I think you've misunderstood my post.

PFLs are only being issued in cases where no LOE was included with the original application. Once the PFL is issued, it appears it's too late to explain and applications are being refused.

Where an LOE was included with the original application, applications are being approved without any issues and without a PFL. Lots of recent examples of this.

OP in this thread had not yet submitted her application. So as long as she includes an LOE with her original application - there should be no issue.

Reactions: Fantastica

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I think you've misunderstood my post.

PFLs are only being issued in cases where no LOE was included with the original application. Once the PFL is issued, it appears it's too late to explain and applications are being refused.

Where an LOE was included with the original application, applications are being approved without any issues and without a PFL. Lots of recent examples of this.

OP in this thread had not yet submitted her application. So as long as she includes an LOE with her original application - there should be no issue.
Hello,

I did not include LOE in my application but when I selected nonaccompaning option it did ask for a reason and I mentioned straight away that as a family we do not have enough points to get invited (CRS 444), so I chose the option to first migrate alone (CRS 471) and secure a job and a house first then sponsor my family.

My AOR is 26 September 2019 FSW-O and so far no issues. Passed medical 18th October and received biometric same day. 21 October got RPRF request and paid same day. A week later, I found out my file is at local visa office. I have been waiting since. I'll update when they make a decision on my file.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I did not include LOE in my application but when I selected nonaccompaning option it did ask for a reason and I mentioned straight away that as a family we do not have enough points to get invited (CRS 444), so I chose the option to first migrate alone (CRS 471) and secure a job and a house first then sponsor my family.

My AOR is 26 September 2019 FSW-O and so far no issues. Passed medical 18th October and received biometric same day. 21 October got RPRF request and paid same day. A week later, I found out my file is at local visa office. I have been waiting since. I'll update when they make a decision on my file.
You should be fine since you mentioned points as the reason for your spouse being non-accompanying. Do update us once you know and good luck.

Reactions: nns14

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hello,

You should be fine. There is absolutely no rule that states applying without spouse is a crime.

Reactions: tobs and nns14