+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Not Accompanying being in Canada already

prasad999ram

Dec 4, 2019
Hello,

Need your quick help please.

I've been working in Canada for past two years. I'm living with my spouse and children.
While filing application I excluded my spouse i.e. I marked my spouse as not accompanying so that I get my more CRS points. Finally, I got invitation and submitted application as well where I included my 3 children (but not spouse).

My intention is to apply for spouse once I get my PR.

Now, CIC is asking for explanation/reason for not accompanying my spouse in PR application form.

Kindly let me know what could be best answer to reply to them. This is somewhat urgent please.

Thanks,

Ram

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Need your quick help please.

I've been working in Canada for past two years. I'm living with my spouse and children.
While filing application I excluded my spouse i.e. I marked my spouse as not accompanying so that I get my more CRS points. Finally, I got invitation and submitted application as well where I included my 3 children (but not spouse).

My intention is to apply for spouse once I get my PR.

Now, CIC is asking for explanation/reason for not accompanying my spouse in PR application form.

Kindly let me know what could be best answer to reply to them. This is somewhat urgent please.

Thanks,

Ram
The only answer is the truth.

It is not advised to do what you did. IRCC seems to be cracking down on it and issuing Procedural Fairness letters.

prasad999ram

Dec 4, 2019
Thanks for your response. I truly appreciate.

One more question on this please. I too want to mention the fact (since I was not getting sufficient points, I have exclude my spouse) in response to CIC letter. Do you any idea if they consider this positively or refuse my application itself or it lead to any BAN. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Ram

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. I truly appreciate.

One more question on this please. I too want to mention the fact (since I was not getting sufficient points, I have exclude my spouse) in response to CIC letter. Do you any idea if they consider this positively or refuse my application itself or it lead to any BAN. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Ram
I think you have no choice but to respond and provide the real reason why your spouse is listed as non-accompanying (because you weren't getting sufficient points). It's very hard for any of us to say what will happen. Recently we have been seeing that IRCC is not accepting these situations and is often either refusing the application or ocassionally refusing and also issuing a 5 year misrepresentation ban. I'm not sure there's much more you can do but respond honestly and hope for the best.

Reactions: jes_ON

yeshi2019

Nov 10, 2019
Hi ,

Even I excluded my wife as part of my application as she decided to pursue master's in Canada coming fall. Will this be an issue ?

saggon

Oct 21, 2020
this situation is normal , i did the same thing my file was pending due to bio now waiting for final decision. my brother did same thing and he got pr than applied for his wife no issue. My lawyer is doing this since long time and it is legal as long as you provide explanation

Reactions: sponsort

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
this situation is normal , i did the same thing my file was pending due to bio now waiting for final decision. my brother did same thing and he got pr than applied for his wife no issue. My lawyer is doing this since long time and it is legal as long as you provide explanation
You in Canada?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Anyone else got a second profile in the pool with spouse and got or will get invited after this last draw?