+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

precious123

Apr 13, 2010
tartcare said:
hi precious thanks for that info...but will they inform my husband whether he qualify or not to sponsor me? its more than a month since my husband forwarded all our papers to their office and we have not receive any letter from them, can u give me number and who to call with so we can follow up the status of our papers? thank you so much...
Hi Tartcare,
I was confused about your message, is that for me? I tried to read the previous post to make it sure. But anyway if you are asking me if CIC will inform your husband if he is qualified to sponsor you the answer is yes. The current processing time is 48 days. Just wait for awhile and soon they will send you a mail about the decision weither your husband is qualified or not. You can try to log in in ecas using your receipt number too.Heres the website https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas. I think you dont need to call them for follow up unless its on normal processing time which is 48 days.Hope it help:)

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
tartcare said:
Hi Louie,

Im new to this forum and somehow i find this site very helpful to me...Can I ask something? how long will it take CIC in Missisauga to assess and evaluate our papers whether my husband will qualify to sponsor me?
Hello, tartcare, it took one month for CIC to assess and evaluate. As long as you have all the requirements and followed their instructions, your husband won't have any problem passing the assessment.

Was your medical included in the files? and did you husband paid all the fees, including landing fee? by including all of these will make your application faster and less delay.

Good luck :)

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
ktong said:
Hello everyone,
Just checked E-CAS and saw decision made as the status for my husband's PR application.
Hope that's a good sign!

Here's what's written:

We started processing X's application on March 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on X's application. The office will contact X concerning this decision.

Goodluck to everyone!!!!! Hope you all get your DM's and visas soon.
Congratulations! ktong, there is a airfare promo for first time landing immigrant. Check PAL and Cathay Pacific.

Latest info I got was EVA air one way ticket is $800, Cathay is $910, Air Canada $895. Hope these help.

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
hi precious, hope u can redirect me as to where can i see that sponsor's processing timeline is 48 days, i've tried looking for it in cic website but to no avail. thanks for the help. Congratulations to everyone who got approved. hope everyone will have a smooth process and fast too

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
oh precious, i've found the 48 days that triggered my curiosity at the in canada application processing times. never thought of looking at that link. thanks again

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
alpat said:
HELLO to all of you here in this thread,,,,so glad to read the good news of louieong....CONGRATULATIONS !!!! and for those who are now waiting for their visa,,,,God Bless!!! i know for sure you can get that just be patient and keep praying....God knows our intention to unite with our loved ones and start the journey of married life, to live, love and laugh together in everything for the rest of our lives.

I and my husband are on the process of gathering our supporting documents for our papers. I would just like to ask from all of you guys,,,is there any strategy you made on how to make your papers smoothly processed from Mississagua until CIC Manila?

sincerely,
alma and pat
Hello, I strongly suggest to visit this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Read through it, then if you need more information about certain topic, you can post it here in the forum.

It will be easier for people to make suggestions, once you and Pat have specific questions.

Take care and good luck :)

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louieong said:
Congratulations! ktong, there is a airfare promo for first time landing immigrant. Check PAL and Cathay Pacific.

Latest info I got was EVA air one way ticket is $800, Cathay is $910, Air Canada $895. Hope these help.

Thanks for all your help, louieong! :) I checked the ticket prices from here and it has gone up! (Around $988 for PAL, $933 for JAL). Apparently, the date we're looking is during peak season already. The next off-peak season is in September.. However, I don't think we can wait that long anymore. Also, we might go for PAL just because they have the direct flight to Vancouver. :)

Thanks again for your help. We're just waiting for his passport and visa to arrive now. :) All the best to you and your wife!

nars

Apr 23, 2010
Phil
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2009
AOR Received.
18-11-2009
File Transfer...
25-11-2009
Med's Request
04-05-2010
Med's Done....
21-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2010
LANDED..........
August! Kakain ako ng isnow!!!
liwor said:
try mo to medyo madami

1. Immigration Forms - Application for Permanent Residence, Schedule 1 - Background/Declaration, Additional Family Information, Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire
2. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and CENOMAR/Advisory of marriages lahat makukuha sa NSO
3. Kung May anak ka birth cert nung bata na NSO
4. PAssports
5. Proofs if Relationship
6. NBI CLearance
7. Mga Photo requirements
8. Magpamedical kaagad kasi kailangan yung form sa medical isasama pagbigay kung saang CPC mo ipapasa

Sana nakatulong
thanks thanks!

precious123

Apr 13, 2010
missmyhoney said:
oh precious, i've found the 48 days that triggered my curiosity at the in canada application processing times. never thought of looking at that link. thanks again
;D No problem.... Glad you found it. I just read your post.....Good luck to your application. Hope it will goes smooth. From now on, you need more patient and do things that can make yourself busy to avoid too much stressed of thinking about our application :)

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ktong said:
No worries. :) Yup, causticlilgirlie's right. It's a sponsorship for spouse application. :)
that's a really sweet timeline. it didn't even take you guys that long! how did you do it?

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
causticlilgirlie said:
that's a really sweet timeline. it didn't even take you guys that long! how did you do it?
Hi causticlilgirlie,
I don't know what I did exactly. But I made sure I sent everything that's required - all recent and original documents (NBI clearance, CENOMAR, birth cert, marriage cert). We made sure the forms were answered properly. I sent some letters/cards, phone bill statements, boarding passes, photos, even facebook stuff among others! That's about it actually. Let me know if you have any questions and stuff. I would be more than happy to help. :)

goodluck to everyone! :)

ktong

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
ktong said:
Thanks for all your help, louieong! :) I checked the ticket prices from here and it has gone up! (Around $988 for PAL, $933 for JAL). Apparently, the date we're looking is during peak season already. The next off-peak season is in September.. However, I don't think we can wait that long anymore. Also, we might go for PAL just because they have the direct flight to Vancouver. :)

Thanks again for your help. We're just waiting for his passport and visa to arrive now. :) All the best to you and your wife!
Hi ktong, I think it is cheaper to get the ticket in the Philippines compare to Toronto or Vancouver. The only problem is, you have to pay cash in the Philippines, and credit card in Canada, he he he. It is nice to hear good news. Have a nice day. All the best to you and your hubby.

Did your husband receive his passport?

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@louieong

Thanks for your advice. When we checked like a month ago, it was actually cheaper here in Vancouver. But I'll tell him to inquire again. He hasn't received his passport (and all the rest) yet. I will update everyone as soon as he does. How long does it usually take anyway? His status on E-CAS was updated (to DM) last June 1st.

Thanks again. :)
Goodluck everyone!

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
ktong said:
@ louieong

Thanks for your advice. When we checked like a month ago, it was actually cheaper here in Vancouver. But I'll tell him to inquire again. He hasn't received his passport (and all the rest) yet. I will update everyone as soon as he does. How long does it usually take anyway? His status on E-CAS was updated (to DM) last June 1st.

Thanks again. :)
Goodluck everyone!
Hello, usually it takes 5 working days. But lately, base on the update by members, it's been getting longer. I hope this is only temporary. And base on what they say; if the status is DM and Medical results have been received. 100% your hubby got approved.

A little more patience. PP is just around the corner. Have a nice weekend :)