+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

precious123

Apr 13, 2010
Hi cassidy,
You dont need to apply for MP. They are the member of Parliament that can able to assist us if we seek their help.Your sponsor in Canada can contact their MP base on where province he/she is located.So pwede sila mag follow up ng status ng application in behalf of you and your sponsor:) You can find online how to contact MP in Canada..Good luck....

precious123

Apr 13, 2010
@ Louie,
Thank you very much for answering my question.I appreciate it.Its good to know if they will returned it or not.And returning photos and cards is great since they have sentimental value to me. Like you they want us to submit all original document and proof of relationship.Well Im happy for you now that your waiting game is over and so soon you can kiss and hug your wife everyday.I know exactly the feelings of being far away from the person that you loved. Thanks and good luck also to your new life together:)While us is still dealing with this stressful waiting game.But God is good I know He will answer our prayer in His time.

Reactions: cyren_05

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I'm currently in the process of sponsoring my spouse who lives in Manila.
Here's our timeline:

Step 1: Canada
Sent application to CPC-M via Xpresspost: Feb 17, 2010
Application rec'd by CIC: Feb 19, 2010
Decision Made: Mar 16, 2010
CIC letter rec'd in the mail: Mar 22, 2010
(letter, dated Mar 16, states approval and that PR application sent to MNL)

Step 2: Philippines
PR Application IN PROCESS: Mar 30, 2010
Letter from Cdn Embassy rec'd in the mail: Apr 16, 2010
(letter, dated Mar 30, states that PR application is being processed, requests for passport to be sent)
Passport sent to Cdn Embassy via courier: Apr 19, 2010

Now, we're just waiting for further directions from CIC. Hope we get the visa soon!
Goodluck to everyone! :)

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louieong said:
Jan 8, 2010 received passport request letter
Jan 19, 2010 sent passport
Mar 11, 2010 received letter asking for certain original copy of document
Mar 29, 2010 sent original copy
May 3, 2010 Decision made; medicals received
processing time 4 months and 1 week up to DM
Hi Louie, congrats!
If you don't mind sharing what original document you had to submit after you've sent your passport to CIC, that would be great. What documents do they normally ask for? We believe we submitted everything that CIC required in this application (birth cert, cenomar, marriage cert) and we sent all original copies too. I was just asking so that I'm assured of our application and so that we can work on it already just in case we failed to submit something. Thank you so much.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Louie,

First off, congratulations! I can only imagine how happy you are.

I'm relatively new to the forum, and to this whole process in general. For spousal visa applications, is it normal for the embassy to ask for your passport ahead of time? Is that positive or negative?

Also, how long do they keep it?

Hope someone can help. Thanks! ;D

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
@causticlilgirlie, it's normal for CIC-Manila to request for passport when you get the AOR for spouse visa application. It's not really an assurance that you will get the visa after that.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
@ causticlilgirlie, it's normal for CIC-Manila to request for passport when you get the AOR for spouse visa application. It's not really an assurance that you will get the visa after that.
appreciate the clarification, KG. any ideas on how long they hold the passport? It was received March 19, 2010 - while I realize it can take a while, I may be needing it back very soon, for personal travel :(

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
causticlilgirlie said:
appreciate the clarification, KG. any ideas on how long they hold the passport? It was received March 19, 2010 - while I realize it can take a while, I may be needing it back very soon, for personal travel :(
It really depends on your case. There are applicants who are very lucky to get it very quick like after 2months or even before 2months. When you got the AOR it states there that processing will take 6months from the time they received the application. But who knows you might be one of those lucky applicants who will get it very quick.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
It really depends on your case. There are applicants who are very lucky to get it very quick like after 2months or even before 2months. When you got the AOR it states there that processing will take 6months from the time they received the application. But who knows you might be one of those lucky applicants who will get it very quick.
i've been looking at the forums for an idea of the time frame, and it doesn't look like a lot of people got "lucky". it looks like 3-4 months at the least. are you also waiting on an application, KG?

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
causticlilgirlie said:
i've been looking at the forums for an idea of the time frame, and it doesn't look like a lot of people got "lucky". it looks like 3-4 months at the least. are you also waiting on an application, KG?
Yes that's true. I'm the one who sponsored my wife and she submitted her PP to the embassy last Dec 2009. So we've been waiting for 5months already after PP sent.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
Yes that's true. I'm the one who sponsored my wife and she submitted her PP to the embassy last Dec 2009. So we've been waiting for 5months already after PP sent.
that's tough! i wonder what's with the hold-up. I think I'm slowly going crazy and it's barely even been three months.

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
causticlilgirlie said:
that's tough! i wonder what's with the hold-up. I think I'm slowly going crazy and it's barely even been three months.
Yes it is, very stressful and painful process but we don't have any choice for now but to wait. Can you post your timeline?

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
Yes it is, very stressful and painful process but we don't have any choice for now but to wait. Can you post your timeline?
I still need to get the date my husband sent it to CPC-M, and truth be told I don't even want to see the dates right now! I'm just glad forums like these exist, helps to know we're not alone.

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
causticlilgirlie said:
I still need to get the date my husband sent it to CPC-M, and truth be told I don't even want to see the dates right now! I'm just glad forums like these exist, helps to know we're not alone.
Ohh I see. Don't feel frustrated yet. I think you just submitted your PP last March only so that's still fine. I hope you're one of the lucky applicants who got it quick.

Cheer up!