AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
Hello guys, I do feel your frustration. I honestly don't see why they have to ask for the PP so early and they hang on to it for about 4 months. Other countries, do not have the same process as the one we have in the Philippines.

KG, has it been 6 months since you applied? if so, then you can call and inquire your status.

Causticlilgirlie, the wait is really hard, not easy to do. I really think that it will take more then 3 months for you to hear anything after mailing your PP. Not sure what their reason is, but maybe it's just that there are a lot of applicants, and not enough staffs. That is why it is very important to submit all the documents they need, because if you miss one, it will prolong the processing.

Hang in there, as long as you submitted all the documents and follow the instructions. Then the chance of getting your PP back on time, is very good.

Take care and good luck to both of you. :)

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
kissyaman!,

I asked my crystal ball, and it says that. you'll get an update by June! ;D

I really hope that you do get a positive update.

Good luck. :)

kissyaman

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louieong said:
kissyaman!,

I asked my crystal ball, and it says that. you'll get an update by June! ;D

I really hope that you do get a positive update.

Good luck. :)
hahaha napa smile ako sayo ah hahahaha!
sana madami kapa matulungan dito o atleast mapasaya using your crystal ball hehehe!
salamat! ice breaker ah hehehe!

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
louieong said:
Hello guys, I do feel your frustration. I honestly don't see why they have to ask for the PP so early and they hang on to it for about 4 months. Other countries, do not have the same process as the one we have in the Philippines.

KG, has it been 6 months since you applied? if so, then you can call and inquire your status.

Causticlilgirlie, the wait is really hard, not easy to do. I really think that it will take more then 3 months for you to hear anything after mailing your PP. Not sure what their reason is, but maybe it's just that there are a lot of applicants, and not enough staffs. That is why it is very important to submit all the documents they need, because if you miss one, it will prolong the processing.

Hang in there, as long as you submitted all the documents and follow the instructions. Then the chance of getting your PP back on time, is very good.

Take care and good luck to both of you. :)
I have already contacted my MP and was told that our application is queued for selection review and was even told that we are still in the normal processing times of 12months. I don't know why it's 12months now because the AOR clearly states that processing will take 6months from the time they received the application package. Not sure how long to wait but still trying to be positive about this.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks louie and kg! yesterday was a little crazy for me, but i am a-OK :) my hubby and i have waited for 7 years (we met online, and got married after 4 years of exclusive dating) so the distance and the pressure to be together is not new! i guess now that things have come to a head and we've finally decided to make a permanent move to be together, the waiting game just stepped up a notch.

12 months?! that's pretty crazy, kg. why is that?

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
causticlilgirlie said:
thanks louie and kg! yesterday was a little crazy for me, but i am a-OK :) my hubby and i have waited for 7 years (we met online, and got married after 4 years of exclusive dating) so the distance and the pressure to be together is not new! i guess now that things have come to a head and we've finally decided to make a permanent move to be together, the waiting game just stepped up a notch.

12 months?! that's pretty crazy, kg. why is that?
I'm not sure why they said that but I'm hoping it will be earlier than 12months. I've been reading other forums too and I saw one applicant who got the same feedback from their MP but she got DM already. Her application took 7months from the time they sent application to CPC-M. So hopefully it will be DM soon for all of us here waiting.

I suggest try not to compare your timeline with other applicants so you won't feel frustrated. We were hoping before too that we will have the same timeline like the others who got it at 4months but it just frustrates us when we didn't and still waiting as of now. Good luck to all of us.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
I'm not sure why they said that but I'm hoping it will be earlier than 12months. I've been reading other forums too and I saw one applicant who got the same feedback from their MP but she got DM already. Her application took 7months from the time they sent application to CPC-M. So hopefully it will be DM soon for all of us here waiting.

I suggest try not to compare your timeline with other applicants so you won't feel frustrated. We were hoping before too that we will have the same timeline like the others who got it at 4months but it just frustrates us when we didn't and still waiting as of now. Good luck to all of us.
amen to that, KG. i hope all goes well for you and your wife and that you both get to finally be together soon. :)

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
Hi everyone!

For those of you whose wife or husband had done their medical exams in the Philippines, may I ask how much did it cost? I'm sponsoring my husband and I want to get an estimate of how much it will cost him to have his exams. Thanks!

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cezvi said:
Hi everyone!

For those of you whose wife or husband had done their medical exams in the Philippines, may I ask how much did it cost? I'm sponsoring my husband and I want to get an estimate of how much it will cost him to have his exams. Thanks!
Hi Cezvi, I remember it being around $150CAD, give or take. You can always give the medical practitioner a call and get a direct quote.

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
He's planning on going to Baguio to have his medicals done just 'coz it's closer. I guess I'll tell my husband when he makes his appointment to ask how much it will cost him..

Another question: About the form IMM 1017 EFC, did you have to have it mailed from the embassy or did the medical practitioner have forms on hand?

precious123

Apr 13, 2010
After the medical, they will tell you to comback.They will give you a schedule when. And that they will give you a Copy 2 and the sponsored person will sent that to you.So you can mail that to CIC M together with your applications.

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
So after his medicals are done there will be a follow-up?

precious123 said:
And yes the medical practioner have that form already:)
that's good to hear.. Thanks :)