+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse birth certificate

shabbir9

Dec 13, 2011
I am a Canadian permanent resident. I will be submitting permanent resident application for my spouse. My spouse is a Pakistani citizen. She has all the documents that are required EXCEPT her original birth certificate. She cannot find it. She only has a birth registry document issued 2 years after her birth but that also is not original, it is a photocopy. Will this cause rejection of the application? Are there any other options? She has her 10th (matric) board certificate which states her birth date. Is that acceptable? Please help. Thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Is it possible for her to order a new copy of her birth certificate from the government?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shabbir9 said:
I am a Canadian permanent resident. I will be submitting permanent resident application for my spouse. My spouse is a Pakistani citizen. She has all the documents that are required EXCEPT her original birth certificate. She cannot find it. She only has a birth registry document issued 2 years after her birth but that also is not original, it is a photocopy. Will this cause rejection of the application? Are there any other options? She has her 10th (matric) board certificate which states her birth date. Is that acceptable? Please help. Thanks
Yes, in lieu of the birth certificate she can submit a notarized copy of her High School ( or Matric ) certificate which has her birth date, place etc. In addition provide her solemn affidavit saying that she does not have any birth certificate in possession.

Reactions: SuhasNambiar

aroraajay635

Jul 8, 2017
hello guys, I am canadian permanent resident. I am gonna sponsor my wife, who is from India. She doesnt have her birth certificate and we tried everything to get issued the new one. But there was not a single output. She did have in native language but the name written over is just "LARKI" which means girl. As in old times, some hospitals just write down the gender on the birth certificate. So Is it mandatory to add birth certificate, or 10th or +2 certificate can be used ?

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
hello guys, I am canadian permanent resident. I am gonna sponsor my wife, who is from India. She doesnt have her birth certificate and we tried everything to get issued the new one. But there was not a single output. She did have in native language but the name written over is just "LARKI" which means girl. As in old times, some hospitals just write down the gender on the birth certificate. So Is it mandatory to add birth certificate, or 10th or +2 certificate can be used ?
I think you should call to CIC call centre , may be they have answer.

Try to contact Office of Gram Panchayat where your wife was born. My wife did same thing but in my case she already had Birth certificate in native language and they issued new Birth certificate in English.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
They understand that birth certificates from India previously came without a name. This is what I did, try getting a letter from the municipal office about this certificate belonging to this person and they can't mention name because the child was not named at that time. If that is not possible, send original of 10th DMC, 12th DMC, along with attested school records where she attended. This combined with a affidavit from the parents of girl swearing that she is their daughter and was born on so so and place/hospital, etc. Lawyers know about the format very well. All this should suffice to cic.

SuhasNambiar

Mar 17, 2021
Yes, in lieu of the birth certificate she can submit a notarized copy of her High School ( or Matric ) certificate which has her birth date, place etc. In addition provide her solemn affidavit saying that she does not have any birth certificate in possession.
Hi There,

I am quite stuck in a similar situation. I have just added my spouse to my PR application and have been requested for her birth certificate and other supporting documents. However, she does not have a birth certificate and getting a new one from India in Covid is close to impossible. Will a notary or affidavit with her 10th grade suffice?

manishchoxy

Jul 6, 2021
Have you got any solution? I am on same page