+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
[It's a long story but we ended up having to submit twice - covid stuff - and first time it was printed in Moscow, second time in Warsaw. So I think the 'a bit less than two weeks' is fair and possibly conservative. Of course between covid and now whatever else the embassies are handling, who knows, and I still wouldn't book non-refundable tickets until the passports are back in hand.]
So if I understand, you had 2 visa's printed? First time your visa was issued in Moscow, and second time in Warsaw?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
If anyone here is from Russia, I have some advice.

I messaged the warsaw visa office today (WSAWIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca), and asked them to please look at my application. I expressed my worry about the situation, and desire for us to move to Canada ASAP. We had received Pre-Arrival a month ago, but no updates since.

About 90 minutes later, they sent a passport request.

I can't say for sure that it was due to my email, but I really doubt it was a coincidence.
I am in a similar situation. My wife is from Russia, but right before the conflict broke out, we traveled to a foreign country to meet. We are now stuck here since she is afraid to go home. Our application is a few months behind yours, but had already been transferred to Warsaw.

Question - did you receive a reply from the Warsaw visa office (other than the automated reply), or did they just speed things up as you assume, without replying to you?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So if I understand, you had 2 visa's printed? First time your visa was issued in Moscow, and second time in Warsaw?
Yes. The first time our visas/coprs were short-tenor and it was height of covid, was not possible for us to move before they expired. At that time they had procedures to ask to issue new or extend, which we did and the second set were issued. (I do not know if that can be done now)

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I am in a similar situation. My wife is from Russia, but right before the conflict broke out, we traveled to a foreign country to meet. We are now stuck here since she is afraid to go home. Our application is a few months behind yours, but had already been transferred to Warsaw.

Question - did you receive a reply from the Warsaw visa office (other than the automated reply), or did they just speed things up as you assume, without replying to you?
We didn't get any response from Warsaw. It could be a coincidence, but the PPR came so soon after my email, I can't be sure. Though, the Russian invasion could have spurred them into action on the Russian/Ukranian files.

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
We didn't get any response from Warsaw. It could be a coincidence, but the PPR came so soon after my email, I can't be sure. Though, the Russian invasion could have spurred them into action on the Russian/Ukranian files.
Thanks. Interestingly, I emailed Warsaw last week after I first saw your post, and they replied back almost instantly saying that "they had not yet received our application, but expect to receive it soon". Nothing else. This seemed like a positive sign to me.

I had already received my SA at that time, and it said that the application was being transferred to Warsaw, but I guess it was still in process of being transferred. I called IRCC a few days later and they confirmed that it had just been transferred to Warsaw that very day.

So I emailed the Warsaw office again, now that I know they have the application, and they haven't replied at all. I'm wondering if they may somehow accelerate the processing anyway, just like they potentially did in your case, without actually replying to us.

My wife has been protesting the conflict and legitimately faces risk of imprisonment if she goes back. Until then we are stranded.

Reactions: armoured

Krishna1989

May 20, 2021
Hi , a newbie here
Can someone share the link for online application for spousal application.
Also I have following questions
1) I'm a citizen and my wife lives in Poland but is an Indian citizen (what's the current processing time , we are looking for )
2) which one is better paper or online
3) is there a way to get work visa , while PR is under process for spouse (for a citizen) and what's the processing time

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , a newbie here
Can someone share the link for online application for spousal application.
Also I have following questions
1) I'm a citizen and my wife lives in Poland but is an Indian citizen (what's the current processing time , we are looking for )
2) which one is better paper or online
3) is there a way to get work visa , while PR is under process for spouse (for a citizen) and what's the processing time
1) Approximately 12 months.
2) I don't know.
3) Not through the PR application. To qualify for a work permit, your wife would need to get a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer would need to get an approved LMIA so that she can apply for a closed work permit. Processing times for the LMIA is 4-6 months. Processing time for the work permit after the LMIA is approved is several more months.

Habby1

Mar 5, 2022
Hi All,

I need advise, I submitted my spousal application since the summer of 2020. My wife only did biometric and medical in 2021 April and nothing since then. What can I do?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
She arrived as a visitor but she has an Outland application. So do you know what else I can do? Application almost 2yrs
Just webform them and ask them you want to change your application to inland application and here what they say......

If it works out, then you can apply for open work permit for he/she
If it doesn't work then you can try to renew the visitors visa and until they make a decision, you will be on implied status and if none of these works out then the person must return back until they make a decision on the outland sponsorship....!!

Last edited: