+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

the_sizzler

Mar 8, 2021
Hello dear friends,

I have applied online outland spousal family sponsorship application on Nov 29, 2021.
I have not yet received AOR. But I got a file number on the new online tracker, with which I was able to link the application to GCKey.

I am wondering why I have not got AOR yet? If I can see the file number and can do Gokey link?

Anyone, please share your knowledge here.

Thanks,
K

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
We submitted my wifes passport today to VFS Moscow. We got an email with a tracking number, but we don't have a reference number.

Any idea where we can find this reference number?
when did you get the passport request?
nice, so vfs is working in Moscow :) i was afraid there might be difficulties due to... you know :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
nice, so vfs is working in Moscow :) i was afraid there might be difficulties due to... you know :(
No reason VFS wouldn't be working now - note that VFS/IRCC can send on to other offices if they need to for some reason, eg Warsaw (ours was stamped in warsaw even though we were told it would be in Moscow & others were done in Moscow around the same time, probably just some internal reason, maybe someone was away).

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
No reason VFS wouldn't be working now - note that VFS/IRCC can send on to other offices if they need to for some reason, eg Warsaw (ours was stamped in warsaw even though we were told it would be in Moscow & others were done in Moscow around the same time, probably just some internal reason, maybe someone was away).
so when you passport request came in, you sent passports and other docs to vfs in Moscow and they sent it all to Warsaw? then they sent it back to Moscow?
how long did it all take for you to receive passports back?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
so when you passport request came in, you sent passports and other docs to vfs in Moscow and they sent it all to Warsaw? then they sent it back to Moscow?
how long did it all take for you to receive passports back?
Yes, we submitted to VFS Moscow and it came back through VFS - we only found out our docs had gone all the way to Warsaw and back when the visas (counterfoils) said issued in Warsaw.

It was a bit less than two weeks each time (eg ten days or so) but dependent on submitting with best timing, eg Monday better (more chance they'll get it to visa office during their short working week).

[It's a long story but we ended up having to submit twice - covid stuff - and first time it was printed in Moscow, second time in Warsaw. So I think the 'a bit less than two weeks' is fair and possibly conservative. Of course between covid and now whatever else the embassies are handling, who knows, and I still wouldn't book non-refundable tickets until the passports are back in hand.]

Ramchandra17

Mar 3, 2022
Hi. I got my PR through outland spousal sponsorship on July 13, 2021 and landed at YYZ on Oct 20, 2021. I received no update until Jan 25, 2022. Then there was an email from IRCC that I have to send new photos (I believe the photos previously sent exceeded 6 months at this period) to CPC-Nova Scotia. I sent new photos on Feb 1 and Canada post lost them. Meanwhile, I was able to link my PR card application to my GCKey account. Sent photos again on Feb 18 and no update was received. I contacted IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and Calgary office replied immediately that my card is under production. When I asked for further details, the same office said my file is with another office and asked me to contact IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

This email is for the PR portal for inland applications. When I emailed, the automated reply clearly said- "This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal"- which definitely not my case.

I am so confused right now. Clueless what to do. IRCC never picks up phone calls (always busy). Should I believe the first email from Calgary that my card is under production? I didn't get any update on GCkey as well.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi, I got a biometric fee reminder again, I got once on dec 20 when I got my AOR and now again. I sent them the receipt two times once in January and once in February. I have no idea what is happening and what should I do now :(

I paid total $1135 back in July and attached that receipt in my paper application and sent them the receipt in January and February as well.

*only difference is before I got fee reminder in my email as my account was not connected online and now I got it in myGC key account.

My consultant told me to pay again $85 for biometrics and send both receipts along with the fee reminders and screenshot of the previously submitted receipt on webform but I am not sure what difference that would make. she told me to take a refund for one unused biometric fee later. Please suggest what should I do? Thanks you!! (Inland Application)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My consultant told me to pay again $85 for biometrics and send both receipts along with the fee reminders and screenshot of the previously submitted receipt on webform but I am not sure what difference that would make. she told me to take a refund for one unused biometric fee later. Please suggest what should I do? Thanks you!! (Inland Application)
I think your consultant makes a good suggestion, unless you'd prefer to potentially save 85 dollars and spend more time straightening it out. (You probalby will get the 85 back but may take months)

Canadamanu

Nov 24, 2021
Hello guys
Please help me with couple of doubts about Spousal Sponsorship.
1) Should I (PA) submit IMM 5476 (Use of representative) and IMM 5475 ( Authority to release personal information to a designated individual) when my spouse(sponsor) is helping me to fill out the forms and everything.
2) My spouse(Sponsor) already got an account with Permanent residence portal . Can my spouse use that portal to submit my(PA) application or should I create a new one.
Thanks in Advance

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Hello, for ArriveCAN, coming as a spousal COPR holder, would you select CANADIAN AND OTHERS WITH RIGHT OF ENTRY or would you select FAMILY REUNIFICATION?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I got the request on Thursday morning. When shit hit the fan.

I emailed them in the morning asking for them to speed things up so we can leave. About 90 minutes later, we had PPR.

Canadamanu

Nov 24, 2021
Hello guys
Please help me with couple of doubts about Spousal Sponsorship.
1) Should I (PA) submit IMM 5476 (Use of representative) and IMM 5475 ( Authority to release personal information to a designated individual) when my spouse(sponsor) is helping me to fill out the forms and everything.
2) My spouse(Sponsor) already got an account with Permanent residence portal . Can my spouse use that portal to submit my(PA) application or should I create a new one.
Thanks in Advance
Can anyone help guys?