+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Would hesitate to guess but previous experiences were about two weeks, plus or minus. Minus more likely if in Moscow where courier service very fast, probably only an extra day or two for Peter, don't know about other places. Make sure to get your photos for submission the right size (NOT the same as for TRV), provide height and eye colour, and check the fees payable with VFS very carefully. And for contact info to be very clear, more clear than seems possible (they were sending us notices by wrong email that wasn't often used ... ). Oh, and two separate consent forms for VFS.

I also have no idea what flights might be available.
50x70mm, right?

This is the documents list they have on the website for Moscow.

• Passport request letter you received from IRCC
  • Copy of VFS receipt received after biometric enrollment
  • Your contact information, including email address, phone number and return address.
  • A duly completed courier request form / return envelope with a return address.
  • Consent to the processing of personal data ( VFS and VEF Services )

• Confirmation of payment for the service for sending a package of documents
  • Contract for services
- We did biometrics for a different visa, so we didn't/don't need them now. Do we need to include the Copy of VFS receipt?
- When it says 'A duly completed courier request form...' What is it that we are supposed to provide?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Yes, often Inland applicants get the Pre-AOR so they have a temp file # in case they need to submit additional docs or want to apply for an OWP or something and attach it to their sponsorship app before they get their actual AOR and file #.
I never received it. I guess it's because mine is an online application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
50x70mm, right?

This is the documents list they have on the website for Moscow.

- We did biometrics for a different visa, so we didn't/don't need them now. Do we need to include the Copy of VFS receipt?
- When it says 'A duly completed courier request form...' What is it that we are supposed to provide?
I haven't checked the photo requirements, that sounds right but do check.

Same with the rest - my interactions with VFS went pleasant, I'm just saying what we experienced. For the biometrics - I think the thing is that you get some of the costs for this passport submission as 'included' but we didn't use that (couldn't find receipts) and multiple people and [our fault.]

If you want to check, I found the online chat with vfs not too painful and eventually got someone who knew what they were talking about.

So don't take advice from me, only flagging the bits we did that I remember. I dont' remember courier request form for example but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

(Somewhere in the Warsaw thread were my experiences but again - YMMV)

Good luck

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I haven't checked the photo requirements, that sounds right but do check.

Same with the rest - my interactions with VFS went pleasant, I'm just saying what we experienced. For the biometrics - I think the thing is that you get some of the costs for this passport submission as 'included' but we didn't use that (couldn't find receipts) and multiple people and [our fault.]

If you want to check, I found the online chat with vfs not too painful and eventually got someone who knew what they were talking about.

So don't take advice from me, only flagging the bits we did that I remember. I dont' remember courier request form for example but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

(Somewhere in the Warsaw thread were my experiences but again - YMMV)

Good luck
It's quite stupid, they are only open Mon-Wed, so their chat didn't work today. Because of this, we couldn't sent it in yet. Really confused about this courier thing. We don't see a way to pre-pay for a shipping lable, so I don't know exactly what to do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's quite stupid, they are only open Mon-Wed, so their chat didn't work today. Because of this, we couldn't sent it in yet. Really confused about this courier thing. We don't see a way to pre-pay for a shipping lable, so I don't know exactly what to do.
The chat thing used to work at any time (almost), but maybe I was using worldwide. I don't remember.

I dont' know now: when we did it, we paid for our own courier to deliver (pony express), and the VFS used their courier to return it. I suppose we filled out a form to let the courier deliver it back to us, and definitely did pay for the return.

Note - if you use pony express, I believe you have to arrange for them to deliver the package during the vfs opening hours, i.e. they can't just drop it in the mail slot. I seem to recall pony express wouldn't pick up sunday evening either, so you want pony express to pick up on a day when next day delivery is vfs office hours.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Really strange. In the new tracker
The chat thing used to work at any time (almost), but maybe I was using worldwide. I don't remember.

I dont' know now: when we did it, we paid for our own courier to deliver (pony express), and the VFS used their courier to return it. I suppose we filled out a form to let the courier deliver it back to us, and definitely did pay for the return.

Note - if you use pony express, I believe you have to arrange for them to deliver the package during the vfs opening hours, i.e. they can't just drop it in the mail slot. I seem to recall pony express wouldn't pick up sunday evening either, so you want pony express to pick up on a day when next day delivery is vfs office hours.
Yeah, we will have them pick it up on Monday, to drop off Tues/Wed.

Strange thing though. In this new tracker, it says that on Feb 23 they sent us a message (PPR) and that on 24, they got our passport. However, in GCKey, it still shows 'your action is required'.

I assume we have nothing to worry about, and they just hit a wrong button, but it's strange.

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi,

I need to submit birth certificate for my spousal visa application. However, it's not in English. Do I need to get it translated? Does it need to be certified in any way?

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
hi all, quick question.. without an AOR my friend had received instructions to complete medical within 30 days. I know that some you had previously mentioned that this isn’t the normal order. Is medical the first things that’s completed? Or is this closer to the end? As mentioned the application was received on June 10, 2021. All are welcome to respond, thank you.
No, it's not normal. First suspect would be your friend or the sponsor not getting correspondence. Check spam inboxes and go from there.

ifunkyk

Jan 16, 2018
Hello. I'm about to start spousal PR visa application for my spouse who is currently outside Canada. I want to first apply for visitor visa and bring my spouse to Canada. Then apply for Spousal PR visa and Open work permit. This way I'm thinking our application will be considered inland and open work permit comes before the PR, saving us some time. Am I thinking in the right direction?

I have few questions regarding the timelines.

- how many days is the avg processing time these days for open work permit ?
- can my spouse leave Canada after applying Spousal PR and Open work permit. And return to Canada when work permit is approved ?

Vincy416

Feb 27, 2022
I have a question my applying for my husband who lives in Saint vincent and the grenadines they don't have a Canadian embassy there so Immigration things get sent to trinidad to there canadian embassy I received a pre-approval email and also a link to a web form if we have any thing to be sent in or any questions but it's in Mexico why wouldn't the web form be in trinidad

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question my applying for my husband who lives in Saint vincent and the grenadines they don't have a Canadian embassy there so Immigration things get sent to trinidad to there canadian embassy I received a pre-approval email and also a link to a web form if we have any thing to be sent in or any questions but it's in Mexico why wouldn't the web form be in trinidad
Some visa offices do not handle all types of files. Mexico is a regional hub for spousal sponsoeship, don't know about Trinidad .

Note when done they might have you send passport on to Trinidad, visa stamping can be done anywhere.

Reactions: Vincy416

Hamowr1

Feb 27, 2022
Hi everyone.
I am sponsoring my wife.
feb 3, 2022 received pre arrival letter
Feb 4, status changes to DM
Documents status shows Copr number but we didn’t receive an email.
does that mean that cic already issued COPR
Currently status shows biometric received.