+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Maze.81

Jun 13, 2021
If we already applied by a paper application 7 months ago and we have an AOR, can we apply again through the new portal?

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
TANTO EL SOLICITANTE PRINCIPAL COMO EL CÓNYUGE DEBEN LLENAR SU PROPIA COPIA DE ESTE DOCUMENTO, Y TODOS LOS HIJOS DEPENDIENTES DE 18 AÑOS O MÁS TAMBIÉN DEBEN LLENAR SU PROPIA COPIA DE ESTE FORMULARIO
[/CIT

tu consulta, ustde indica que el conyuge debe de llenar es decir el Patrocinador ??? tambien debe de llenar....

manikmonday

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yes, that's the safest. If you are short on RO and you sponsor them, you'll be putting yourself at risk of having your PR revoked.

The one other option (if feasible) is for your spouse to apply for PR on their own through an economic immigration program (e.g. PNP) and include the child as a dependent. Your spouse won't be able to claim any points from you and would need to qualify and be selected entirely on their own merits.
If Visitor Visa is applied for my child and once my family travels, can there be issues like questions on why sponsorship was not applied before TRV ?

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
If we already applied by a paper application 7 months ago and we have an AOR, can we apply again through the new portal?
you can only cancel your application and apply through online portal, it seems not good to apply through two different means. i thinks its better to wait for the results, or consult with someone who has experience about it.

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Si votre mari est canadien et est votre répondant, vous seul devez remplir ce formulaire à titre de « demandeur principal ». Si votre répondant n'est pas canadien. Il devrait alors remplir un autre formulaire.
english:
if your husband is a canadian and your sponsor, then only you the "principal applicant" must fill this form. if your sponsor is not a canadian. then he should fill a seperate copy of this form.

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Si votre mari est canadien et est votre répondant, vous seul devez remplir ce formulaire à titre de « demandeur principal ». Si votre répondant n'est pas canadien. Il devrait alors remplir un autre formulaire.
english:
if your husband is a canadian and your sponsor, then only you the "principal applicant" must fill this form. if your sponsor is not a canadian. then he should fill a seperate copy of this form.

Reactions: Jacornejo20

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
i am a 34 years old, from pakistan. my wife is a canada PR, 45 years old, we married in december 2020. we lived together for about 11 months after marriage. we married according to the local customs of pakistan. she is 45 years now, older than me about 11 years. we have all the proofs of our marriage, living together, photos taken at different occasions with my family, relatives and my friends. and my colleagues. or relation is genuine and we married after we fell in love with each other. furthermore, she has accepted islam before we married. we lived together happily for 11 months. we knew each other since september 2017, she visited pakistan on december 2019 for the first time. and i accomanied her to different scenic places. she went back to canada after 15 days. then she came to pakistan again on december 2020, and we married after 7 days of her arrival. i have applied for family visit but the visa applictaion was denied because the visa officer said he was not sure if i will leave canada after the visit time allowed. now i have applied visit again. and waiting for the result. we are going to apply for family sponsorship immigration. plz suggest me what are my chances, thanks
The reason for the refusal of the visitors visa was not because the officer was not sure you'll leave Canada after your visit

But these are the reasons behind the refusal
1.The officer is not convinced you both are truly married
2.Looking at the age difference, the officer thinks it will be because of several reasons and that will raise lots of concerns
3.How long was she a Muslim before you both got married or was it because of immigration purposes that's why you won her over so you could get access to Canada?
4.What shows her visits to Pakistan was because of you?
5.11 months are not enough to convince a PR into marriage

Here are the strategies to win
1.Show proofs of pictures and communications before and after her visits to pakistan and it was connected to you
2.Show all proofs on your end that shows she is genuinely married to you to convince the officer
3.Let her write a letter herself very detailed explaining why she needs you to visit her in Canada
4.The officer knows you are just coming so you will street turn the visit to inland spousal sponsorship but he/she will keep it against you so show them you have a strong link to your home country and will go after the visit.
5. Make the visit a short time even less than 6 months

Goodluck

Last edited:

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
The reason for the refusal of the visitors visa was not because the officer was not sure you leave Canada after your visit

But these are the reasons behind the refusal
1.The officer is not convinced you both are truly married
2.Looking at the age difference, the officer thinks it will be because of several reasons and that will raise lots of concerns
3.How long was she a Muslim before you both got married or was it because of immigration purposes that's why you won her over so you could get access to Canada?
4.What shows her visits to Pakistan was because of you?
5.11 months are not enough to convince a PR into marriage

Here are the strategies to win
1.Show proofs of pictures and communications before and after her visits to partisan and it was connected to you
2.Show all proofs on your end that shows she is genuinely married to you convince the officer
3.Let her write a letter herself very detailed explaining why she needs you to visit her in Canada
4.The officer knows you are just coming so you will street the visit to inland spousal sponsorship but he/she will keep it against you so show them you have a strong link to your home country and will go after the visit.
5. Make the visit a short time even less than 6 months

Goodluck
Thanks for valuable information, yes she sponsored my visit and wrote a detailed letter explaining my purpose if visit and our relation, but as you said, the reasons are numerous

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Can any body help me to understand what is next its been more than a year the process is moving like turtle... here is my timeline so far

PA: Saudi Arabia (ME)

File submitted 08-Feb-21

AOR1 10-Apr-21

SA 26-Apr-21

VO: LONDON IRCCu

AOR2 05-may-21

Medical request 16-July-21

Medical submitted: 2-august-2021

medical : passed

Again moved to another VO ... Vienna

BIL: 19-01-2022

Pre arrival: 12-January-2022

DM: n/a

PPR: n/a

COPR: n/a

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Can any body help me to understand what is next its been more than a year the process is moving like turtle... here is my timeline so far

PA: Saudi Arabia (ME)

File submitted 08-Feb-21

AOR1 10-Apr-21

SA 26-Apr-21

VO: LONDON IRCCu

AOR2 05-may-21

Medical request 16-July-21

Medical submitted: 2-august-2021

medical : passed

Again moved to another VO ... Vienna

BIL: 19-01-2022

Pre arrival: 12-January-2022

DM: n/a

PPR: n/a

COPR: n/a
my wife file approved after 2 years, so do not worry you will get the PPR soon

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Si votre mari est canadien et est votre répondant, vous seul devez remplir ce formulaire à titre de «demandeur principal». Si votre répondant n'est pas canadien. Il devrait alors remplir un autre formulaire.
ingles:
si su esposo es canadiense y su patrocinador, entonces solo usted, el "solicitante principal", debe completar este formulario. si su patrocinador no es canadiense. luego debe llenar una copia separada de este formulario.
[/CITA]
gracias

Last edited: