Spousal sponsorship

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
If sponsor is citizen, can apply from anywhere. Should apply from gulf. But lets see other's opinion. Good luck!!

Reactions: ummi

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
One spouse is Canadian and one is india but after wedding they both are staying in Gulf. Canadian spouse will apply sponsorship from india or Gulf ?
If you'll be living together, apply from there. But application is centralised -mail to nova Scotia - and ircc will decide where they'll process independent of that, don't expect your decision to make much difference.

The reason to apply from where you'll be living together is less questions about relationship.

faith923

Nov 2, 2016
Please get your GCMS notes. Do not wait for further communication. It is very easy to order and due to COVID, it is also taking for some people to receive it after more than a month. GCMS notes are a breakthrough to your application. You will know exactly what went wrong in the application. Don't listen to your consultant. You are free to order it by yourself. it takes a minute. Do not put blind trust on your consultant. I am not blaming but they are consultants not lawyers. Most of them are crooks and incompetent. I got refused with my application because of a consultant handling my file.
My status prior was as an international student. But we decided to apply spousal sponsorship rather than me applying on express entry or PNP after I graduated. I now realize it was a bad decision due to complicated situation.

Can I possibly apply on a different PR stream while the spousal sponsorship is ongoing? Or the spousal application should be withdrawn first? And will tHe current application affect my future application in different immigration stream? Than you in advance for the response

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My status prior was as an international student. But we decided to apply spousal sponsorship rather than me applying on express entry or PNP after I graduated. I now realize it was a bad decision due to complicated situation.

Can I possibly apply on a different PR stream while the spousal sponsorship is ongoing? Or the spousal application should be withdrawn first? And will tHe current application affect my future application in different immigration stream? Than you in advance for the response
You can apply in the different PR stream. It won't affect your ongoing spousal application nor vice versa (unless there is some more serious issue like misrepresentation - and I don't think the issue with undeclared daughter from your spouse's original app would affect your other PR stream app).

I won't pretend to be an expert nor to understand details of your file, but I don't see any advantage to you from withdrawing the spousal app.

Reactions: faith923

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi guys, I submitted my wife's application in sep and so far I have only received an email saying we received your application on 3rd sep 2021 and here's your app number.
Is this AOR or that would be a different email?

Thanks in advance
Does it start with X? Then its a temp AOR. Your AOR would be another email without the X.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I have applied to sponsor my wife to come to Canada, with an outland application. We are both currently residing in Russia. We have no idea how long the process will take, but my Russian residency will expire in July.

What are the odds of a successful visitor visa application, if we say that we are coming early with the visitor visa, but she will leave if the application is refused.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have applied to sponsor my wife to come to Canada, with an outland application. We are both currently residing in Russia. We have no idea how long the process will take, but my Russian residency will expire in July.

What are the odds of a successful visitor visa application, if we say that we are coming early with the visitor visa, but she will leave if the application is refused.
Depends how strong the ties are in home country (apartment, job, etc). If the strongest case you make is "really, she'll leave, we promise", it may not get there.

But no-one can tell you what the odds are. Your better hope is that your PR app is approved before then, although I don't recalll when you applied.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
PA has already received and passed biometrics.
PA has already received and passed medical exam.
Already got Sponsorship approval.
Already got pre-arrival letter.

PA got a new job 2 weeks ago. at this stage, is it advisable to inform IRCC about this new job or leave it?

Falconbridge

Jan 22, 2022
Hello,
I just submitted my application on the first of December to the Ghana office as a spouse of a protected person and got this message below while trying to check with vsf
application, tracking ID No......... is under process at the Canada Visa Office . To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

What does this mean.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Depends how strong the ties are in home country (apartment, job, etc). If the strongest case you make is "really, she'll leave, we promise", it may not get there.

It seems like a bit of a double edged sword...

On one hand, we would need to show that she intends to return to Russia if she's declined, because of strong ties.
On the other, it sends the message that if they do approve her PR application, she has strong ties to Russia, so she doesn't intend to live in Canada.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But no-one can tell you what the odds are. Your better hope is that your PR app is approved before then, although I don't recalll when you applied.

Our AOR was early June 2021. Things seemed to be moving nicely, until we had a request for additional documents. Now it seems as if things are at a standstill. Other people from our VO seem to be getting updates, but they haven't checked our documents yet. I've made a request for notes from the IRCC, but it's been over a month, and nothing yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
On the other, it sends the message that if they do approve her PR application, she has strong ties to Russia, so she doesn't intend to live in Canada.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I think that's a false dichotomy here - no evidence they're actually evaluating her PR app as a function of how strong her ties to Russia (or even any evidence they're checking to see if she applies for a TRV at all). This isn't eighth-dimensional chess. Her TRV app will be evaluated on that basis - and that's perfectly normal.

Not to mention "damned" doesn't apply - not getting a TRV is not the end of the world. It's January and you're talking about June.

Apply for the TRV and don't overthink. They're primarily evaluating your relationship and (I think) asked for docs to show you would move to Canada. Just need to be prepared she may not get the TRV. There is also some chance the TRV will be approved regardless, perhaps esp if you get pre-arrival sometime soon.

Our AOR was early June 2021. Things seemed to be moving nicely, until we had a request for additional documents. Now it seems as if things are at a standstill. Other people from our VO seem to be getting updates, but they haven't checked our documents yet. I've made a request for notes from the IRCC, but it's been over a month, and nothing yet.
Not that I've followed every step but still more or less on timeline. There are periods when it seems not much happening. Ask your MP to look into it if you like, or write Warsaw, or both.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
PA has already received and passed biometrics.
PA has already received and passed medical exam.
Already got Sponsorship approval.
Already got pre-arrival letter.

PA got a new job 2 weeks ago. at this stage, is it advisable to inform IRCC about this new job or leave it?
Can anyone comment on this? Thanks