+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

faith923

Nov 2, 2016
Hello guys! I received an email yesterday that my file is transferred to Calgary vo for further assessment. Is it a red flag? Here is my timeline.
Submitted - Nov 2020
They started processing - May 2021
Medical request and biometrics - May 2021
Additional information asked - Nov 2021
Medical confirmation - Nov 2021

Can someone tell me what stage of the process I am at right now? And is it normal that my application is transferred to my local VO? I am so worried. My partner sponsored me as common law. Our daughter is outland. We are both processing our papers at the same time.

can someone advise me please. I am so worried. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: sharmgop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hello guys! I received an email yesterday that my file is transferred to Calgary vo for further assessment. Is it a red flag? Here is my timeline.
Submitted - Nov 2020
They started processing - May 2021
Medical request and biometrics - May 2021
Additional information asked - Nov 2021
Medical confirmation - Nov 2021

Can someone tell me what stage of the process I am at right now? And is it normal that my application is transferred to my local VO? I am so worried. My partner sponsored me as common law. Our daughter is outland. We are both processing our papers at the same time.
Thank you in advance.
First of all, please order your GCMS notes, to know why the transfer was made, its usually for finalizing the application or for further assessment. In your case as its stated its for further assessment. Maybe the VO didn't get satisfied based on your additional document submission and the transfer was made for further assessment.
Now, the local office is responsible to give you decision. I believe they will ask you additional information again to give a final decision.

Reactions: faith923

akan267

Mar 20, 2019
Hi All, I sent my spousal application within Canada and it reached the destination on Oct 26. I have not received any communication from CIC after that. I have not received any conformation number till now. Is anyone else facing similar issue?

faith923

Nov 2, 2016
First of all, please order your GCMS notes, to know why the transfer was made, its usually for finalizing the application or for further assessment. In your case as its stated its for further assessment. Maybe the VO didn't get satisfied based on your additional document submission and the transfer was made for further assessment.
Now, the local office is responsible to give you decision. I believe they will ask you additional information again to give a final decision.
Thank you so much. Yes, we are looking at getting GCMS note although our immigration consultant advised us to wait for further communication. But I don't know how long would it take them to look into our file. We have seprated with our daughter for years. I appreciate you advise. Thank you!

Reactions: sharmgop

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi All, I sent my spousal application within Canada and it reached the destination on Oct 26. I have not received any communication from CIC after that. I have not received any conformation number till now. Is anyone else facing similar issue?
Lots of applicants both Outland and Inland from October haven't gotten their AOR1 yet.. Just be patient, it's coming. Here is the link if you want to keep and eye on general trends and timelines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1562099236

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Thank you so much. Yes, we are looking at getting GCMS note although our immigration consultant advised us to wait for further communication. But I don't know how long would it take them to look into our file. We have seprated with our daughter for years. I appreciate you advise. Thank you!
Please get your GCMS notes. Do not wait for further communication. It is very easy to order and due to COVID, it is also taking for some people to receive it after more than a month. GCMS notes are a breakthrough to your application. You will know exactly what went wrong in the application. Don't listen to your consultant. You are free to order it by yourself. it takes a minute. Do not put blind trust on your consultant. I am not blaming but they are consultants not lawyers. Most of them are crooks and incompetent. I got refused with my application because of a consultant handling my file.

Reactions: faith923

z85510

Nov 22, 2021
Could be a while, we’re approaching 50 days since our request was made. Seems to be a big backlog at the moment. You can submit a complain to ATIP tho
We sent ATIP about 100days ago and we didn't hear back anything yet.
It's 2 years and our medical will expire soon

I wish they answer us sooner

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Could be a while, we’re approaching 50 days since our request was made. Seems to be a big backlog at the moment. You can submit a complain to ATIP tho
Yeah, I did. Their auto response was something like 'Because of covid, the process is delayed. Responses to complaints is delayed as well.' So I don't expect them to actually reply...

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hello, I applied for GCMS notes on Oct 10, they sent me an email that I missed sending PA consent form, so I sent to them via email. it has been 3.5 months and repeated mails but they haven't sent me anything yet. Also as per their email I only had 60 days from the date of email to file for complaint on ATIP.
What should be my next step.

Here is the timeline:
PA- Indian Citizen
AoR_ April 26, 2021
SA- June 2, 2021
Med pass- June 8, 2021
Biomet pass- Aug 8, 2021
Pre arrival- Nov 24, 2021
Since then it has been silent. File at NDVO. Thanks.

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hello, I applied for GCMS notes on Oct 10, they sent me an email that I missed sending PA consent form, so I sent to them via email. it has been 3.5 months and repeated mails but they haven't sent me anything yet. Also as per their email I only had 60 days from the date of email to file for complaint on ATIP.
What should be my next step.

Here is the timeline:
PA- Indian Citizen
AoR_ April 26, 2021
SA- June 2, 2021
Med pass- June 8, 2021
Biomet pass- Aug 8, 2021
Pre arrival- Nov 24, 2021
Since then it has been silent. File at NDVO. Thanks.
Got PPR today - Jan 21. Thanks everyone.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Please if anyone help on this query of my friend pasted below

: if applying for outland spousal sponsorship and i as a Canadian is also outside canada with the spouse. Am i going to apply to origin of my spouse example India or from Country where we are living together now from last few months.

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Please if anyone help on this query of my friend pasted below

: if applying for outland spousal sponsorship and i as a Canadian is also outside canada with the spouse. Am i going to apply to origin of my spouse example India or from Country where we are living together now from last few months.
Is he canadian citizen? If yes he can sponsor his spouse from anywhere. If he is PR, he needs to be in canada at the time of applying.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Is he canadian citizen? If yes he can sponsor his spouse from anywhere. If he is PR, he needs to be in canada at the time of applying.
One spouse is Canadian and one is india but after wedding they both are staying in Gulf. Canadian spouse will apply sponsorship from india or Gulf ?