+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Try this: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en

But I don't think it's necessary in your case since the address type is just a typo. If your address is correct on your account then that's it. You will be asked again about your address for PR card.
Gotcha, thanks for the link. I'll read up on it. I'm certain it's a type too, because all the other letters we have received have the correct address. I figured whomever data-entered it just made a quick mistake, since it's a weird word to spell. I plan on including a letter in our PPR package highlighting the error, just in case. Thanks for your reply.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and you guys might be able to help.

We applied for an outland spousal visa at the start of August 2021. They started processing our application on the 14th of October. Two weeks ago I received my letters to give biometrics and also for my health exams. These were both done the day after the invitation was sent. My partner also received an email saying that he had been approved as a sponsor for me. It says that they have started processing my application on the 24th of Nov.

I have two questions about checking updates on the Client Application Status. Under "Sponsorship Application Status" it says Decision Made. Under "Permanent Residence Application Status" it says In Process.

What do these both mean in regards to the processing of the visa?

Thank you for your help.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.751248/#post-9844313

Dallu

Nov 23, 2021
100% approved... Please what is your spouse's application timeline?
I send in the application on July 29, 2021, and we received the confirmation in September.
My spouse complete his Medical in October and Biometrics in November.

They asked for the additional document as there was a mistake in IMM344, which I have uploaded through the portal and received confirmation that they have received my document but there has been no update since. I received the communication on November 23 and that what it shows on online portal that they have sent request for additional document but it's not updated since I have sent them the information.

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
Hi there,
I'm a principal applicant from Tanzania living in Qatar. Not sure about applications from Saudi but I believe if you have everything in check ,then I hope the process won't take too long. Usually for background checks, applications coming from Middle east are forwarded to London Visa office or the principal applicant's country. From what I've heard London VO is usually very busy and that's why some applications take a long time during the background check (3-6 months).However, I'm seeing alot of improvement this year. I'm one of the applicants of the month of June 2021 (Outland) and I can see from the tracking tool, things are moving for applicants whose papers are in London VO. So Just make sure you don't leave any signature, you're detailed as possible in the form and supporting documents, and pray that everything goes well :)
My timeline is in my signature
All the best!
Thanks very much for all your sincerity and clarity, friend! Success for you and all your family!!!! :D:D:D:D

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
Please advise. Can the sponsor travel (outside Canada) to be with their spouse for 3 weeks once the sponsor approval has been completed? Sponsor is a Permanent Resident.

Reactions: anniegreat

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Please advise. Can the sponsor travel (outside Canada) to be with their spouse for 3 weeks once the sponsor approval has been completed? Sponsor is a Permanent Resident.
Technically no, but IRCC seems to have overlooked short visits of 2 weeks or so for almost all applicants in the past.

Reactions: Namtu

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
i have problem since yesterday to log in gckey ?? any has same problem ?? showing

You are not signed in

Error 403

Your login session is either invalid or has expired.

Search

Looking for a page on the IRCC website? Enter a keyword in the search field or try one of the popular links below.

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
Try to clear your cache and history. If that doesn't work then try visiting the website in incognito.
If neither works, then just wait for atleast an hour and then try again.

i have problem since yesterday to log in gckey ?? any has same problem ?? showing

You are not signed in

Error 403

Your login session is either invalid or has expired.

Search

Looking for a page on the IRCC website? Enter a keyword in the search field or try one of the popular links below.

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
You can - short visits are allowed. You shouldn't be seen as a person making frequent outside trips. Also maintain your residency status (salary / business income / monthly taxes / rent / mortgage / bills etc.). In another discussion thread, a member has raised a web form to IRCC using their application number to inform IRCC of the travel along with return tickets (his travel outside to visit his spouse was for 3 months). Make sure your trips are short duration. Remember - IRCC says short but it doesn't say what is "short" so it will be evaluated case by case basis.

Reactions: Namtu

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
is it just me or many applications are being processed slow?

i applied on july 2021, got AOR and biometrics request. nothing follows.

No SA, no medical request, no update. :mad:

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
Guys, is it possible to land without sposnsor if the sponsor is not present in Canada when we land?
I mean whether is it mandatory for the principal applicant to land with the sponsor or the spoonsor must be in canada before the principal applicant landing?

Becuase I heard that if the principal applicant lands without the sponsor and the sponsor is not in canada when he/she lands, the officer can avoid the principal applicant to enter Canada and makes some promblems.

I would be grateful if you could guide me on this issue if you had a same experience or you have information about it.