+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

garg1976

Dec 6, 2021
GOT PFL FOR MY WIFE APPLICATION , I AM CITIZEN AND SPONSORED MY WIFE . THEY TALK ABOUT RELATIONSHIP GENUINENESS, WE STARTED OUR RELATIONSHIP IN 2017 AND MARRIED IN 2019, AFTER THAT DUE TO CORONA WE COULD NOT MEET , BUT SHOWED THEM SOCIAL MEDIA, CARDS, GIFTS ETC..HOW MANY PEOPLE GET SUCESS AFET PFL RESPONSE AND WHEN THEY WILL BE BACK WITH THE DECISION MADE AFTER WE SUBMIT THE RESPONSE

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I will get my PR approval with family sponsorship (my father sponsorshipped me). And when I get my PR can I sponsor my fiance? (we will get married once I get my PR)
You can only sponsor a spouse (after getting married) or a common law partner. But since you are a dependent of your father, you have to be single to be counted as a dependent. (i.e. not married nor in a common law relationship)

You do not "get your PR" until you landed in Canada and receive the COPR.

So in short, you cannot sponsor a fiance. You can land, return to your home country and get married, then come back to Canada and sponsor your new spouse in Canada.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I am trying to order notes on my wifes application. We were recently asked to provide proof that I (sponsor) will move back to Canada. I've submitted the documents, but they still haven't been checked.

I want to submit a request for all notes on the file, so both my wifes PR application, but including notes about myself as a sponsor as well. I want to make sure I am making the right selections.

For "what type of record would you like to request"
I put Family class, Spouse..."

"Specify the type of file you are requesting"
I put Immigration file (i.e. information that belong to the sponsored person(s)

"What specific information are you looking for?"
I put status of update of file/reasons for refusal/offices electronic notes.

It then asks for my file number. Would that be the Application number (which begins with a letter, then 9 numbers)?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
GOT PFL FOR MY WIFE APPLICATION , I AM CITIZEN AND SPONSORED MY WIFE . THEY TALK ABOUT RELATIONSHIP GENUINENESS, WE STARTED OUR RELATIONSHIP IN 2017 AND MARRIED IN 2019, AFTER THAT DUE TO CORONA WE COULD NOT MEET , BUT SHOWED THEM SOCIAL MEDIA, CARDS, GIFTS ETC..HOW MANY PEOPLE GET SUCESS AFET PFL RESPONSE AND WHEN THEY WILL BE BACK WITH THE DECISION MADE AFTER WE SUBMIT THE RESPONSE
There is a chance of success after PFL. You will likely need substantial new proof that you did not submit before. Were you asked to submit additional supporting documents after you sent the application?

Either way, I would consult a lawyer if I was in your shoes, since you probably don't have a lot of time to respond and the response needs to be carefully crafted. Plus, you haven't been able to convince them so far, so it sounds like you need a lawyer on your side.

garg1976

Dec 6, 2021
T

There is a chance of success after PFL. You will likely need substantial new proof that you did not submit before. Were you asked to submit additional supporting documents after you sent the application?

Either way, I would consult a lawyer if I was in your shoes, since you probably don't have a lot of time to respond and the response needs to be carefully crafted. Plus, you haven't been able to convince them so far, so it sounds like you need a lawyer on your side.
They did not ask for additional docs but had questions as to how we met, why i did not meet her in her country before marriage, my wife put immigration before when she was single why is that so and financial interdependency between us...we sent them 108 pages information and justified all teh questions and our relationship is genenuine and the information till now we gave is genenuine , due to corona lot of issues came up and we could not meet but the relationship is alive by sending cards, gifts etc

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
I am trying to order notes on my wifes application. We were recently asked to provide proof that I (sponsor) will move back to Canada. I've submitted the documents, but they still haven't been checked.

I want to submit a request for all notes on the file, so both my wifes PR application, but including notes about myself as a sponsor as well. I want to make sure I am making the right selections.

For "what type of record would you like to request"
I put Family class, Spouse..."

"Specify the type of file you are requesting"
I put Immigration file (i.e. information that belong to the sponsored person(s)

"What specific information are you looking for?"
I put status of update of file/reasons for refusal/offices electronic notes.

It then asks for my file number. Would that be the Application number (which begins with a letter, then 9 numbers)?
how did u figure they still haven't checked your submitted documents?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
They did not ask for additional docs but had questions as to how we met, why i did not meet her in her country before marriage, my wife put immigration before when she was single why is that so and financial interdependency between us...we sent them 108 pages information and justified all teh questions and our relationship is genenuine and the information till now we gave is genenuine , due to corona lot of issues came up and we could not meet but the relationship is alive by sending cards, gifts etc
You should also order GCMS notes now if you still have time. Ask for all the documents you submitted in your application to be included and all the officer notes.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
how did u figure they still haven't checked your submitted documents?
In my account, under 'Review of additional documents' it says they are uploaded. Someone else said that it will be updated to something like 'Documents are being reviewed'

garg1976

Dec 6, 2021
You should also order GCMS notes now if you still have time. Ask for all the documents you submitted in your application to be included and all the officer notes.
is there someone who was legally married spouse sponsorship application got rejected after PFL or without PFL?? just curious..my case i know is perfectly genunie and the officer should give my wife PR , but still curious

Sharmrad

Feb 24, 2021
Hello
So i applied for an outland spousal application for my husband through online portal on sept 19 ..nothing received yet..Can anybody please tell me how long it is taking these days to get AOR ??? Little woried

Reactions: Esty4Ademi

Sharmrad

Feb 24, 2021
Hi i applied my spouse visa application on November 2021, paper filing.
Anyone knows how long does it take to get acknowledgement of receipt and file no.
Thanks
And can spouse visa application done online?
I Filed in Sept through online process still didn’t receive anything

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Hello
So i applied for an outland spousal application for my husband through online portal on sept 19 ..nothing received yet..Can anybody please tell me how long it is taking these days to get AOR ??? Little woried
If you browse through the spreadsheet, Sept 2021 folks have just started to receive AORs. If you dont hear this month, then maybe shortly after the holidays.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1538753367