+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know that some of these things are just fluff (vaccine emails for example) but in general, what do you think. Have I built a strong enough argument, or is it still a bit weak?
Personal opinion only: overall pretty good. Minor suggestions - how will you get money to Canada? Banking arrangements, savings? Moving stuff (if you don't expect to move much, fine - but what about some evidence of disposing of stuff you have there; even if just a note that not much to dispose of and/or given away to relatives and friends)?

And don't see anything here about arrangements for what your spouse will do, etc.

Don't think that these comments mean you must do all or some of them - you'll have to use your judgement. You can also decide to add some stuff and remove others if you think it advisable.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Personal opinion only: overall pretty good. Minor suggestions - how will you get money to Canada? Banking arrangements, savings? Moving stuff (if you don't expect to move much, fine - but what about some evidence of disposing of stuff you have there; even if just a note that not much to dispose of and/or given away to relatives and friends)?

And don't see anything here about arrangements for what your spouse will do, etc.

Don't think that these comments mean you must do all or some of them - you'll have to use your judgement. You can also decide to add some stuff and remove others if you think it advisable.
The money has been an argument between my wife and I. She decided it was a great idea to be keeping our money in a Russian, USD account. If we take out the money now, we will lose a lot of what we put in. So, until the exchange bounces back in our direction, we can't take anything out.

One of the spreadsheets I didn't mention, is a list of things which we plan to sell/give away closer to our move date. I can add a small note in my letter mentioning that we don't have much to bring. We will probably only need to buy 1 or 2 extra bags to take on the airplane.

I haven't mentioned anything about my spouse in this letter, because we figured everything was about me. Do you think it's important to do a bit showing things for her? Maybe make a resume and send off some job apps for her as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The money has been an argument between my wife and I. She decided it was a great idea to be keeping our money in a Russian, USD account. If we take out the money now, we will lose a lot of what we put in. So, until the exchange bounces back in our direction, we can't take anything out.

One of the spreadsheets I didn't mention, is a list of things which we plan to sell/give away closer to our move date. I can add a small note in my letter mentioning that we don't have much to bring. We will probably only need to buy 1 or 2 extra bags to take on the airplane.

I haven't mentioned anything about my spouse in this letter, because we figured everything was about me. Do you think it's important to do a bit showing things for her? Maybe make a resume and send off some job apps for her as well?
-For money/savings, I was in part referring to even administrative - eg do you have a cdn bank account and know how you can send money? Credit card in Canada? (You don't have to answer, just something that might help show your plans are underway)

-Yes, I think mentioning disposal/why not moving stuff is helpful.

-Not saying you must add info about your spouse - but absolutely, showing she knows what she will do (even stuff like language training), education, work, sports, doesn't matter - shows you are serious about returnign together. (Eg has she made arrangements with the pre arrival services stuff?)

Again - not saying your submission must address all things. But things you can provide to support, you decide what's the best submission.

(After all these comments - even though of course task has been to collect lots of evidence, don't make it the collected works of Dostoyevsky. If part of submission is weak and leaving it out makes it easier to absorb, that may be preferable. Eg in our original app I sometimes put just the first page of a doc if that was the 'main' part).

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
-For money/savings, I was in part referring to even administrative - eg do you have a cdn bank account and know how you can send money? Credit card in Canada? (You don't have to answer, just something that might help show your plans are underway)

-Yes, I think mentioning disposal/why not moving stuff is helpful.

-Not saying you must add info about your spouse - but absolutely, showing she knows what she will do (even stuff like language training), education, work, sports, doesn't matter - shows you are serious about returnign together. (Eg has she made arrangements with the pre arrival services stuff?)

Again - not saying your submission must address all things. But things you can provide to support, you decide what's the best submission.

(After all these comments - even though of course task has been to collect lots of evidence, don't make it the collected works of Dostoyevsky. If part of submission is weak and leaving it out makes it easier to absorb, that may be preferable. Eg in our original app I sometimes put just the first page of a doc if that was the 'main' part).
Yeah, I am of 2 minds about how much to add. Part of me says to focus on the important things, so that they only see the big points. The other part of me says to throw as much as I have out, and overload them with evidence. There are things that I mentioned in the original app, that I was going to show again, but decided against it. The idea was to throw so much at them, that they just give up and accept the application lol.

I will definitely add a couple more things to the letter, about not needing to bring much, and that we will buy most of what we need to buy in Canada. It's also a good place to mention all of the things my family is holding onto for us, from my grandmother.

I will discuss the info about my wife, with her. I think we are both anxious to send it off, so she might not be too excited on spending another 1-2 weeks to make some applications and get a few documents about her. It's a good suggestion though.

With the bank account, I actually did show my accounts in my first application. I used it to show a financial link between my wife and myself. I haven't been transferring anything other than credit card payments, so right now all I can show from my bank, is debt. In this case do you still think its a good idea to show that I have been maintaining CC payments, or do you think I might be better to leave it out since I already showed the account before?

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah, I am of 2 minds about how much to add. Part of me says to focus on the important things, so that they only see the big points. The other part of me says to throw as much as I have out, and overload them with evidence. There are things that I mentioned in the original app, that I was going to show again, but decided against it. The idea was to throw so much at them, that they just give up and accept the application lol.

I will definitely add a couple more things to the letter, about not needing to bring much, and that we will buy most of what we need to buy in Canada. It's also a good place to mention all of the things my family is holding onto for us, from my grandmother.

I will discuss the info about my wife, with her. I think we are both anxious to send it off, so she might not be too excited on spending another 1-2 weeks to make some applications and get a few documents about her. It's a good suggestion though.

With the bank account, I actually did show my accounts in my first application. I used it to show a financial link between my wife and myself. I haven't been transferring anything other than credit card payments, so right now all I can show from my bank, is debt. In this case do you still think its a good idea to show that I have been maintaining CC payments, or do you think I might be better to leave it out since I already showed the account before?
I have to admit I'd be inclined to include more things than leave them out - but with an eye to not overwhelming. There's no perfect balance.

-If you don't have extra evidence now about your wife's plans, a short para would likely not hurt - but again, these were suggestions about things that could go in there, not a required list.

-bank account - I would just again consider short text to note that some arrangements you have in place (bank accounts, cards) ready to start living on arrival, and to send funds through if needed.

Again, mostly I thought you had a pretty comprehensive response. Good luck.

Lizbet

Nov 8, 2021
Same here :

Permanent Residence
  1. We received ??? application for permanent residence on December 30, 2020.
  2. We started processing ??? application on June 29, 2021.
  3. We sent ??? correspondence on May 25, 2021. If ??? has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have ----- do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ??? receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent ??? a letter on July 19, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
After 4 Month there is no mail yet !

What should we do for that ?

We also sent ATIP request about Oct 15 and they didn't answer

Is it normal ?
It could be a letter advising to link paper application to online account. That's what I got in my situation

Ayman56

Jun 12, 2017
Hi team,
I applying for spousal sponsorship through the online portal. I am the sponsor and the Principal applicant is my wife. Should we print scan and sign the documents ? or electronic signature is sufficient. Since I saw that you do not need to print and sign by hand advertised by IRCC. thanks a lot

donquixote71

Oct 21, 2021
hi,
I have sent my application via mail and it reached on 26 October 2021. it has been almost 30 days but i am unable to link my application to my cic account. I have been trying everyday starting from November. any ideas what to do next?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi,
I have sent my application via mail and it reached on 26 October 2021. it has been almost 30 days but i am unable to link my application to my cic account. I have been trying everyday starting from November. any ideas what to do next?
Next step: wait.

You won't be able to link until the AOR is complete (or when you receive the AOR, possible difference of a part day).

AOR takes 30-90 days usually. So too early but check tracker: believe others have said recently it's been over 60 days.

Dallu

Nov 23, 2021
Hello,

I have a question, I applied for my spouse visa on July 2021 and we have received all the confirmation (medical request, biometrics, etc) but I'm still unable to link the applications online using the UCI and Application number? Is there a reason for that? I applied via mail.

Also, my spouse just received an email today IMM5801 - Pre Arrival Services letter, does this mean the PR was approved?
Thanks for all the help

Maryam_ahm

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello,

I have a question, I applied for my spouse visa on July 2021 and we have received all the confirmation (medical request, biometrics, etc) but I'm still unable to link the applications online using the UCI and Application number? Is there a reason for that? I applied via mail.

Also, my spouse just received an email today IMM5801 - Pre Arrival Services letter, does this mean the PR was approved?
Thanks for all the help
Yes if you get pre arrival it's normal a approval

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
Hi Everyone. im a Canadian Citizen. My fiance-to-be is living with her parents in Saudi Arabia, as they are expats there. I'd like to know how long it takes and how difficult it is to sponsor a spouse living in Saudi. Is anyone waiting to get their visa from Saudi in this forum. Really curious to hear about their experience, process and timelines. Grateful for anyinfo. Even if you are from neighbouring countries, UAE, Qatar etc. thank you.
Hi there,
I'm a principal applicant from Tanzania living in Qatar. Not sure about applications from Saudi but I believe if you have everything in check ,then I hope the process won't take too long. Usually for background checks, applications coming from Middle east are forwarded to London Visa office or the principal applicant's country. From what I've heard London VO is usually very busy and that's why some applications take a long time during the background check (3-6 months).However, I'm seeing alot of improvement this year. I'm one of the applicants of the month of June 2021 (Outland) and I can see from the tracking tool, things are moving for applicants whose papers are in London VO. So Just make sure you don't leave any signature, you're detailed as possible in the form and supporting documents, and pray that everything goes well :)
My timeline is in my signature
All the best!

Reactions: bonjourToto

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I am about to upload my documents, showing evidence that I will return to Canada, but my file is too big. I've put everything into 1 PDF, and the file is too big.

I assume I can split it into multiple files, right?

I don't want to submit 1 file, hit upload, and then it doesn't let me send them the rest of what I am trying to give them.

nriz

Nov 24, 2021
Hello Pls help.
We have a status changed to decision made since Nov 18.
Haven't received passport request yet.
How long does it usually take to receive the ppr after decision made ?
Thanks