+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
How important is it to add a spouse's name on the passport for a PR spousal sponsorship(Outland-India) application?

I am in a dilemma because adding a spouse's name will lead to the reissue of passport which is time-consuming and I will also have to reapply for a new PCC after getting a new passport number. Also, my General IELTS Exam Score will become null and void after the new passport issue On the other hand, my lawyer is saying that it's better if I could update it because it's important relationship proof.

Please advise.
Thanks!
Spouse name on passport is not that important, your marriage certificate is enough for that purpose. It is good to have it but if its not, not big deal.

Writer007

Apr 19, 2021
Hello friends !!!

PA in India
I m Canadian PR

I have applied Outland spousal application as
Applied - 4 Dec 2020
App received - 11 Dec 2020
AOR - 5 Feb 2021
Biometric req. - 16 Feb 2021
Medical request - 19 Feb 2021
Biometric given - 21 Feb 2021
Medical submitted - 23 Feb 2021
Spousal Approval Letter - 25 Feb 2021
Biometric passed - 26 Feb 2021
Medical Passed - 5 March 2021
ECAS shows we started processing your file as on 19 March 2021.
I speak to IRCC and they said file is transferred to Beijing VO.
Recently, I speak to CIC and they said file transferred from Beijing to NDVO on JULY 07, 2021.

No updates after that. I feel little impatient now.
Any Opinions how much time it took from here would be appreciated.
thanks you friends in advance
All the dates are quite similiar to me.... I applied in sept 2020, no news no update after medical.... Same here it is killing me

Reactions: sumaiama

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Just a quick clarification guys...please help

I am Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife and it is outland application.

My wife's birth certificate has two languages all together, one is her native language and one is English, do i still need to get this translated? Her name is written both in native language and English. Please help?

Also, please let me know if this is good enough or i need separate affidavit?

For Native language to English

I am submitting Certified tru copy of the original native language document
and
English Translated copy with notary and stamp with i certify this to be tru copy of...
With notary seal and stamp.

Is these two documents are good enough? What translator is doing is putting a stamp on transleted copy itself rather than issuing affidavit...is this ok?

Also, on my English marriage certificate the stamp is in my natibe language, do i need to translate thos. The whole marriage certificate is in English except the stamp...please help
Certi

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
My spouse got her application approved and we can see counterfoil on GCKEY. Waiting to receive the passport. When do they send the CoPR document? And what about PR card?

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
Has anyone else been waiting a while after the medical has been reviewed/ passed?

My spouse’s medical was passed on June 29, 2021. since then it’s been completely radio silence.
Does this mean rejection?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Has anyone else been waiting a while after the medical has been reviewed/ passed?

My spouse’s medical was passed on June 29, 2021. since then it’s been completely radio silence.
Does this mean rejection?
Check the tracker spreadsheets but a long delay between medical and next steps is pretty common.

In other words, that's the step with the long, uncomfortable radio silence.

Not much you can do but ordering gcms might reassure you.

Reactions: Amlou

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Just a quick clarification guys...please help

I am Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife and it is outland application.

My wife's birth certificate has two languages all together, one is her native language and one is English, do i still need to get this translated? Her name is written both in native language and English. Please help?

Also, please let me know if this is good enough or i need separate affidavit?

For Native language to English

I am submitting Certified tru copy of the original native language document
and
English Translated copy with notary and stamp with i certify this to be tru copy of...
With notary seal and stamp.

Is these two documents are good enough? What translator is doing is putting a stamp on transleted copy itself rather than issuing affidavit...is this ok?

Also, on my English marriage certificate the stamp is in my natibe language, do i need to translate thos. The whole marriage certificate is in English except the stamp...please help
Certi
If everything on certificate is translated you do not have to translate this but only concern is the stamp in your native language, for example if native language stamp says which is not accepted by immigration? That is the only great area otherwise you do not need a translated copy. Sametime, if you don't want any delay go ahead and add a translated copy it can be done on same day but may cos you some $$. Overall, its safe to use your certificate as it is..

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi guys. Please how long after getting PR can someone sponsor a spouse.
Thanks
Anytime but be careful if you were already married before your PR confirmation you should have added your spouse in the application or it can be a concern when you apply for your spouse.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
hello all
I am sponsor ( canadian citizen by naturalization). my baby will born in january 2022 and my wife file is in process ( PR application).
my question is if the baby will born in january and my wife file is still in process in january 2022 .. should i have to add baby in PR application or sholud i have apply for canadian passport for my babay or should i have to apply for citizenship certificate for my baby.??
please help me out. i do not know what to do,.
thank you in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello all
I am sponsor ( canadian citizen by naturalization). my baby will born in january 2022 and my wife file is in process ( PR application).
my question is if the baby will born in january and my wife file is still in process in january 2022 .. should i have to add baby in PR application or sholud i have apply for canadian passport for my babay or should i have to apply for citizenship certificate for my baby.??
please help me out. i do not know what to do,.
thank you in advance
You will apply for citizenship and passport for child as citizen. Since the citzienship certificate takes some time, you should apply for and expect that a specific type of passport (basically 'temporary' until citizenship is finalized and documented - which is fine because passports for newborns need to be renewed in a year or two anyway).

Important: you must always approach that the child IS a canadian citizen by birth (descent) from you - call that a presumed citizen - and it just needs to be documented. Therefore you can't apply for PR status for the child, and you're not trying to get a grant of citizenship (or naturalize) the child - you're just documenting the fact. Different paperwork etc.

Reactions: S.Basra

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
You will apply for citizenship and passport for child as citizen. Since the citzienship certificate takes some time, you should apply for and expect that a specific type of passport (basically 'temporary' until citizenship is finalized and documented - which is fine because passports for newborns need to be renewed in a year or two anyway).

Important: you must always approach that the child IS a canadian citizen by birth (descent) from you - call that a presumed citizen - and it just needs to be documented. Therefore you can't apply for PR status for the child, and you're not trying to get a grant of citizenship (or naturalize) the child - you're just documenting the fact. Different paperwork etc.
thank you so much for the answer, really appreciated..

you mean i have to apply for citizenship certificate only and canadian passport together at a time. right ?
1) our file is outland PR application ( my wife is not in canada). baby will born outside canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thank you so much for the answer, really appreciated..

you mean i have to apply for citizenship certificate only and canadian passport together at a time. right ?
1) our file is outland PR application ( my wife is not in canada). baby will born outside canada.
Yes, you basically apply for them at the same time (you may have to apply for the citizenship first and then passort, don't recall).

And yes, you must be outland, because if you were in Canada you wouldn't need to prove citizenship.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Yes, you basically apply for them at the same time (you may have to apply for the citizenship first and then passort, don't recall).

And yes, you must be outland, because if you were in Canada you wouldn't need to prove citizenship.
thank you much,,, sorry for multiple threads

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018

1) should i have to wait longer for citizenship certificate for new born or they will issue passport on urgent bases and my wife will come with baby in canada in short time??
2) we have to wait to get citizenship certificate ( it will take 15 months to get it ) for new born.
3) they will issue passport withine 1 months if you apply with citizenship certificate?

? whats is the meaning of don't recall in your sentences??