+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello people pls my question is his there any one in the house that has gotten is PR through the health care path way and sponsored his spouse and pls his the process the same process
Thank you

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I’ve got my PR and about to land in Canada on Dec
Have been engaged and planning to come back in Jan and get married.
Should I apply for Visitor visa for my to be wife now and then apply for spousal after getting married?
Congratulations on your PR... You can give the visitor visa application a try....But i would suggest you get married to her first before you put in for her visitor visa application. Cic frawns greatly at that statement *Wife to be*.

My humble suggestion..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello people pls my question is his there any one in the house that has gotten is PR through the health care path way and sponsored his spouse and pls his the process the same process
Thank you
To be clear: if someone is a PR, they are a PR - basically no matter what way they became a PR, the process of sponsoring a spouse is the same. (There are some very specific cases where it matters as to whether they can sponsor right away - eg if sponsored by a previous spouse - but doesn't apply here).

If you mean add a spouse to an existing not-complete application, that is a different matter - but you must post not in the family sponsorship forum.

Reactions: Jahprovideesp

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
To be clear: if someone is a PR, they are a PR - basically no matter what way they became a PR, the process of sponsoring a spouse is the same. (There are some very specific cases where it matters as to whether they can sponsor right away - eg if sponsored by a previous spouse - but doesn't apply here).

If you mean add a spouse to an existing not-complete application, that is a different matter - but you must post not in the family sponsorship forum.
Yea thank you
I not understand the last paragraph were u mean sponsorship form?
The application is complete and it’s not a previous spouse an existing spouse
Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yea thank you
I not understand the last paragraph were u mean sponsorship form?
The application is complete and it’s not a previous spouse an existing spouse
Thank you
YOu have posted in the forum entitled "Family Sponsorship Forum."

If you are now a PR (full-stop) and now wish to sponsor your spouse, this is the correct forum.

If you have an ongoing app (you are not yet a PR), you should post in one of the other forums here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
After how many days post receiving the application(paper-based) will we be able to track online?
Like linking to gckey without AOR. Asking this since there is an option to link based on applicant details like first name, last name etc without UCI.
Thanks!

alien2021

Jun 2, 2021
A question. I got married to a Canadian citizen last year within Canada. We submitted inland spousal sponsorship application in the beginning of this year by mail, not that long ago we received an AOR2 with the application number for tracking online, a month after we received a notification letter informing that our case has been transferred to a Immigration Office in the city where I reside, within the next week they had me give my biometrics and undergo medical exam. It's been 3 weeks since then. Prior to the wedding I had been of status in the country. By now I haven't received even a work permit. My spouse is more than 7y older than me. My question is what to expect next? An interview? When? Thanks

Allen95

Sep 21, 2021
I have just submitted my application 5 days ago and realize I have made a mistake answering a question. “ have you been detained, in jail or incarcerated” of which I said no. However, I was ‘held’ at a police station for 2 hours to answer questions for a case that I was involved in (in Canada)( all charges were dropped and fingerprints destroyed). I’m consulting my immigration agency to see about fixing this. I’m aware I can send a updated letter explaining the situation and new documents. I’m Just very very worried about what to do. Anything helps.

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
A question. I got married to a Canadian citizen last year within Canada. We submitted inland spousal sponsorship application in the beginning of this year by mail, not that long ago we received an AOR2 with the application number for tracking online, a month after we received a notification letter informing that our case has been transferred to a Immigration Office in the city where I reside, within the next week they had me give my biometrics and undergo medical exam. It's been 3 weeks since then. Prior to the wedding I had been of status in the country. By now I haven't received even a work permit. My spouse is more than 7y older than me. My question is what to expect next? An interview? When? Thanks
11 months and still no work permit?? Did you apply for SOWP with your inland spouse application?