+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hi Everyone. im a Canadian Citizen. My fiance-to-be is living with her parents in Saudi Arabia, as they are expats there. I'd like to know how long it takes and how difficult it is to sponsor a spouse living in Saudi. Is anyone waiting to get their visa from Saudi in this forum. Really curious to hear about their experience, process and timelines. Grateful for anyinfo. Even if you are from neighbouring countries, UAE, Qatar etc. thank you.
Hey there , my husband is sponsoring me and I love in UAE , I have applied since Feb , they received my Application on 15 Feb ,, got biometrics and Medicals so far done my application status is as medicals are passed since July now after that there was absolutely no update ,,, tbh it was a big struggle for me and husband as this is our second attempt first time it got rejected due to missing documents... I havent seen him for 2 years now and things aren't easy tbh ,,, we don't even know when we can hear anything back and what to plan or expect if you are planning to get engaged just get married right away and start the papers as it can take 2 years or less

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hey there , my husband is sponsoring me and I love in UAE , I have applied since Feb , they received my Application on 15 Feb ,, got biometrics and Medicals so far done my application status is as medicals are passed since July now after that there was absolutely no update ,,, tbh it was a big struggle for me and husband as this is our second attempt first time it got rejected due to missing documents... I havent seen him for 2 years now and things aren't easy tbh ,,, we don't even know when we can hear anything back and what to plan or expect if you are planning to get engaged just get married right away and start the papers as it can take 2 years or less
is the sponsor in canada or uae?

kalpanaT

Aug 18, 2021
Hi Everyone
I know this is not related to this form but I need your help. I have done B.Tech and M.Tech from India and I am going on Spouse Visa. So if I need to do ECA via WES for further education, which option do i need to choose. WES standard application or ECA application for IRCC. As i have already received my COPR. I am really confused. Please help me.

lian1527

Oct 26, 2021
hello can someone help me with my question.. what if my application have been “RTS/ return to sender” i just sent my application and then i reviewed it.. i forgot some of documents.. do I need to pay again for the application? thank you so much please answer

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
hello can someone help me with my question.. what if my application have been “RTS/ return to sender” i just sent my application and then i reviewed it.. i forgot some of documents.. do I need to pay again for the application? thank you so much please answer
Hi , if your case same as mine as i did entercounter same before then u dont have to re-pay anything ,,, i believe you can provide same receipt and might be asked to pay extra later on only if there was a change in fees and will be only difference of old charges to new and shouldnt be a substantial amount

lian1527

Oct 26, 2021
Hi , if your case same as mine as i did entercounter same before then u dont have to re-pay anything ,,, i believe you can provide same receipt and might be asked to pay extra later on only if there was a change in fees and will be only difference of old charges to new and shouldnt be a substantial amount
thank you so much for your reply.. you’re such a big help.

Reactions: sumaiama

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020

There is only one applicant. No children.

Do we need to include the spouse/sponsor's name in this appendix?

LONDON VO sent this along with passport request.

Please advise, if only filling PA's name in this appendix is good enough, or does the sponsor's name also need to be included?

siamese814

Jun 19, 2021
LANDED..........
27-02-2020
I appreciate any information or feedback regarding my questions and confusions below. Any help will be grateful.

I'm trying to apply inland Spouse Sponsorship together with the Open Work Permit.
I found the paper form with document checklist from Canada.ca (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply-paper.html).
  1. On IMM5556 checklist, it has listed a few conditions, none of which applies to our situation - inland Spouse Sponsorship, my spouse is not a student or holder of a work permit but a PR in Canada and we are living together, and my current status is a visitor. Does it mean I only need to provide whatever is applicable under Forms List and Documents List?
  2. I was reading guide 5553, it stated I need to provide "evidence that you meet the requirements of the job, possibly including specific educational requirements and a valid Canadian provincial or territorial trade certificate," is it a must for Open Work Permit with the Spouse Sponsorship? If so, what do I need to provide? Like work letter from previous company or Master degree diploma to be certified by WES or organizations like that?
Thank you guys.

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hello,

I have a specific question about outland spousal sponsorship.

My fiancée is a Kenyan citizen currently on work permit in Europe. Since she was previously married, all her legal documents including her passport have her previous married name. She has the divorce certificate. The only document that does not have her previous married name is her birth certificate, obviously.

My question is - in order to sponsor her, does she need to change her name again to her maiden name in all the documents? That would be a huge under taking before the wedding. I don't mind her having the previous married name in all her legal documents until she gets her PR and then we can worry about changing it.

Is this a potential complication waiting to happen in the application process?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I have a specific question about outland spousal sponsorship.

My fiancée is a Kenyan citizen currently on work permit in Europe. Since she was previously married, all her legal documents including her passport have her previous married name. She has the divorce certificate. The only document that does not have her previous married name is her birth certificate, obviously.

My question is - in order to sponsor her, does she need to change her name again to her maiden name in all the documents? That would be a huge under taking before the wedding. I don't mind her having the previous married name in all her legal documents until she gets her PR and then we can worry about changing it.

Is this a potential complication waiting to happen in the application process?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!
No need to change and I shouldn't think any issues.

She'll need to show the change of name document (which may be done by way of the marriage certificate/assumption of married name in Kenya, I don't know), and then the divorce documentation information.

If you should think there is some part of this that's unclear, include a short letter of explanation.

But apart from establishing that birth certificate her is the same person as all other documentation her (again, by way of marriage certificate, which should have her name before marriage and possibly also after), it sounds pretty normal - I don't think much you need to explain.

Do not need to justify or explain why she has not reverted to maiden name nor not taken your name yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123