+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has an answer to this. What if someone is fully vaccinated but doesn’t have a working phone and cannot download ArriveCan? Is there a paper they can fill out and show instead to avoid 14 day quarantine and day 8 test?

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
If anyone needs representation let me know. I'll try to get your case moving, or if you're thinking about appeal I can help with that as well. I've been through the process and know what to. This was the reason I started to work in immigration. I know how important it is to get answers. For anyone who doesn't know my story, I did spousal sponsorship outside Canada and was told my marriage was not genuine. I went the appeal route and my appeal was allowed. My decision from appeal was given at end of hearing where ministers council and member panel both jointly agreed my marriage was genuine. Then it took 1 year before I finally got some movement with my file. This whole process was stressful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Good luck to everyone in same situation. Cheers
How long after getting married can someone apply for their spouse?
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has an answer to this. What if someone is fully vaccinated but doesn’t have a working phone and cannot download ArriveCan? Is there a paper they can fill out and show instead to avoid 14 day quarantine and day 8 test?

barbieissy

Oct 16, 2021
Hi, Inland Sponsorship
I submitted my app - November12th 2020
Received - December 2nd
No need for Biometric email July 7th
Correction on a form August 13th
Medical passed October 15th
I got a pre-arrival letter on Saturday 16th
and today a request for the IMM5604 for my son.
Any idea what stage we are now

Last edited:

someonetookmyname

Oct 16, 2019
Hello,

I am a PR holder, living outside Canada (Oman). I recently got married outside canada (in Pakistan). I am aware that i cannot sponsor my wife unless i am living in canada. I need few clarification in this regard:

1: Do i need to inform Canadian authorities about my change in circumstances (marital status) while i am residing outside Canada? if yes, what are the timelines (deadline to inform them) please let me know the procedures and related links. and do they need any document (for evidence) at this initial stage or just an email would be sufficient that my circumstances has been changed since the day i got married.

2: What are the pathways/possibilities that Myself and my wife would be able to move to canada altogther. I heard that there is a possibility that first i can apply for visit visa for my spouse (as there is not requirement for me to be in canada) then i can go for spouse sponsored visa once me and my spouse would be in canada.

3: My spouse has also got valid 2 years US visa (Masters scholarship visa, student visa), bases on that US visa i believe she can travel to Canada (after getting ETA before travel from canadian authorities) so in this case do i still need to apply for her visit visa to Canada? pluse let me know the procedure for getting ETA from canadian authorities.

I would really appreciate well thought replies. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

hibbsdibbs

Oct 4, 2017
Can somebody please help:

I am a permanent resident since 2018, but started living in Canada in 2020. I want to sponsor my husband who resides in Nairobi currently, and we got married in December 2018. I relocated to Canada in 2020 because I didn't want to lose out on my PR status. I was unemployed all of 2020, and I flew down to see my husband for 3 months the same year. I returned to find work this year, and am still working. My questions/concerns:

1) Can I travel for longer periods after submitting my application? Do I need to stay in Canada while my spousal application is in process? Or just my intention to stay once the application is approved is good enough?
2) I read that I need to submit 2 applications to IRCC - Sponsorship application and Permanent Residency for my husband. Do I have to pay fees twice for him? I have filled out all forms as per the application package, and have all supporting documents ready including photos and sponsorship+explanation letter narrating our story from then till now.
3) As per IMM1344E, in case of ineligibility, is it better to withdraw application (all processing fees less $75 will be refunded) or do I continue with the PR application?

Thank you very much for your responses in advance!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1) Can I travel for longer periods after submitting my application? Do I need to stay in Canada while my spousal application is in process? Or just my intention to stay once the application is approved is good enough?
You must be resident in Canada to sponsor, throughout the process - short trips are okay. While there's no definition of short trips, less than a month is probably okay, a couple weeks at a time better. Since it sounds like you haven't spent a lot of time in Canada since becoming a PR, you might expect that they will pay attention to whether you are factually in Canada. Your absences are at your own risk.

2) I read that I need to submit 2 applications to IRCC - Sponsorship application and Permanent Residency for my husband. Do I have to pay fees twice for him? I have filled out all forms as per the application package, and have all supporting documents ready including photos and sponsorship+explanation letter narrating our story from then till now.
Read the instructions carefully. The fees are pretty straightforward - I don't even understand what you mean by 'pay twice.'

hibbsdibbs

Oct 4, 2017
You must be resident in Canada to sponsor, throughout the process - short trips are okay. While there's no definition of short trips, less than a month is probably okay, a couple weeks at a time better. Since it sounds like you haven't spent a lot of time in Canada since becoming a PR, you might expect that they will pay attention to whether you are factually in Canada. Your absences are at your own risk.

Read the instructions carefully. The fees are pretty straightforward - I don't even understand what you mean by 'pay twice.'
Is sponsorship application considered a PR application too?