+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
i think I applied on March 23, 2021. The entire timeline is in my signature. Unfortunately, it’s not showing up in my phone.
Yes noth8ng showing here , but thats quit good i guess ,, i applied since Feb2020 and last update was meds are passed and thats it ... whats cobfusing me their updates on CIC website they are still finalising applications received on Dec,2019 ... i dont get it

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Have you considered sending a webform saying something along the lines of "this is to notify you of the change of employment of Mrs razor787. Employment A terminated on <date>, employment B commenced on <date>". This way you would have notified them, and it would be up to them to ask for further information if they want it, but you would have been upfront and honest with them about the change of circumstances.
I wouldn't offer up an updated copy of the labour book, but would be prepared to provide it if they ask for it at a later date. In the end of the day I don't believe it makes any sense for IRCC to ask for an updated labour book as your wife is not an EE applicant (and not an economic migrant in general), her employment history or education is of little relevance here.

Yeah, I guess I will have to. But it is a bit worrying if they ask for the workbook copy. She might not keep the job if they find out she's moving out of the country.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah, I guess I will have to. But it is a bit worrying if they ask for the workbook copy. She might not keep the job if they find out she's moving out of the country.
I am of the opinion that it likely doesn't matter much or at all, but that it's still a good idea to provide the update by webform as above.

Don't worry about the workbook issue until it comes up; I think it's very unlikely iRCC will ask for the updated version - for the reason (as above) that it's not really relevant to the spousal application. Unless the place she works has some security implications or some other weird nexus we don't know about.

If they do ask for it, deal with it then. My understanding is that any employee can ask for a copy at any time, with no reason required. If they do ask, just give some made-up reason. It probably won't come up at all and no need to worry in advance.

Reactions: Scarpetta

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Update on our file - got decision made today and Passport Request letter !! Alhamdulillah
Can anyone please advise me on the address and appendix A.
So address on the letter is of the sponsor living in Canada, should it be of the applicant living in Pakistan cuz COPR will come there?
Also what is appendix A? It says to include copy.

Reactions: sumaiama

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Update on our file - got decision made today and Passport Request letter !! Alhamdulillah
So address on the letter is of the sponsor living in Canada, should it be of the applicant living in Pakistan cuz COPR will come there?
Just to further clarify, address on ppr letter says applicants name and then c/o sponsors name and sponsors address. ECAS shows address of applicant

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Hi , may i know when did they receive your application ?? Am trying to understand the timeline as am still waiting too

StSt1515

Oct 15, 2021
Hi there, I am new to this thread and seeking some advice as doing the Spousal PR application seems overwhelming.

Key Details:

1) I will be the sponsor. I'm Indian and a Canadian PR holder. Currently in Canada & unemployed.
2) I want to sponsor my husband who has a Portuguese nationality and can visit Canada using eTA and applying it online.
3) He is currently with me but will be travelling back and forth for work.
4) Is it best in this case to apply for Outland Sponsorship under the Family class?
5) Can I apply for an Open Work Permit for him along with the Outland Sponsorship application given that he can be in Canada on eTA?
6) Is it suggested to apply on my own? Is the process manageable or should I stick to an immigration lawyer? Any ideas roughly how much they charge?

Thank you for your time. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed seeing all the information online.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there, I am new to this thread and seeking some advice as doing the Spousal PR application seems overwhelming.

Key Details:

1) I will be the sponsor. I'm Indian and a Canadian PR holder. Currently in Canada & unemployed.
2) I want to sponsor my husband who has a Portuguese nationality and can visit Canada using eTA and applying it online.
3) He is currently with me but will be travelling back and forth for work.
4) Is it best in this case to apply for Outland Sponsorship under the Family class?
5) Can I apply for an Open Work Permit for him along with the Outland Sponsorship application given that he can be in Canada on eTA?
6) Is it suggested to apply on my own? Is the process manageable or should I stick to an immigration lawyer? Any ideas roughly how much they charge?

Thank you for your time. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed seeing all the information online.
If he'll need to travel back and forth, outland is better. If he does outland, though, cannot apply for open work permit.

Generally no need to hire a lawyer - it's intimidating at first but manageable.

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Guys am trying to understand something , how come in the website they say they are finalising the application received on Dec,2019 for family spousal sponsorship? While it should be around only 1 year to gett everything finalised and as i can see from people its taking them around 1 year as well... the link am referring to is below :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Options are ( Family , Spousal , outside Canada )

Can anyone please make me understand what does that mean ? (Finalising received applications between Dec,2019 - Jan4,2020 ) ??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys am trying to understand something , how come in the website they say they are finalising the application received on Dec,2019 for family spousal sponsorship? While it should be around only 1 year to gett everything finalised and as i can see from people its taking them around 1 year as well... the link am referring to is below :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Options are ( Family , Spousal , outside Canada )

Can anyone please make me understand what does that mean ? (Finalising received applications between Dec,2019 - Jan4,2020 ) ??
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2020-outland-spousal-sponsorship.680339/page-366#post-9274757

Donnie649

Sep 1, 2021
If anyone needs representation let me know. I'll try to get your case moving, or if you're thinking about appeal I can help with that as well. I've been through the process and know what to. This was the reason I started to work in immigration. I know how important it is to get answers. For anyone who doesn't know my story, I did spousal sponsorship outside Canada and was told my marriage was not genuine. I went the appeal route and my appeal was allowed. My decision from appeal was given at end of hearing where ministers council and member panel both jointly agreed my marriage was genuine. Then it took 1 year before I finally got some movement with my file. This whole process was stressful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Good luck to everyone in same situation. Cheers

Reactions: Namtu and sumaiama