+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
If you pay in advance, you'll get the biometric letter directly. If you don't, you'll get a fee request and then the biometric letter sometime after paying.

I think most prefer to just pay the modest amount together with application to avoid the slight delay of request-fee-letter, but probably doesn't matter much.
Thank you for your reply

jedh-p

Jul 31, 2021
Hi. I paid biometric fee together with my husband's application fee. Then they sent an email asking for us to pay, so we did pay again. However, when submitting the webform, I accidentally entered my date of birth instead of my husband (applicant). I have not heard from them yet, it is more than a month now. I am starting to worry, we already did link his online application online but nothing is showing. HELP :confused:

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Please I need help if someone is available. Where must I upload ADR? Webform or Gckey? Additional documents were requested and for the past 4 weeks it says additional documents have been uploaded. Nothing again

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Please help, can the sponsor pay for Biometric when applying or should the principal Applicant pay when ask for biometric back home?

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Please help, can the sponsor pay for Biometric when applying or should the principal Applicant pay when ask for biometric back home?
You probably want to pay at the time when you are filing the application, in order to avoid having to wait for the payment request at a later stage. But if you don't mind waiting a bit, then it doesn't matter, you could do either. In our case Sponsor paid at the start, when we were filing the paperwork.

Reactions: armoured

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please I need help if someone is available. Where must I upload ADR? Webform or Gckey? Additional documents were requested and for the past 4 weeks it says additional documents have been uploaded. Nothing again
Send webform.....And use GCKEY as well to let them know you mean business

Reactions: Penny.a

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
And why should the applicant pay.....it's the work of the sponsor who agrees to undergoe with all the undertakings....

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi. I paid biometric fee together with my husband's application fee. Then they sent an email asking for us to pay, so we did pay again. However, when submitting the webform, I accidentally entered my date of birth instead of my husband (applicant). I have not heard from them yet, it is more than a month now. I am starting to worry, we already did link his online application online but nothing is showing. HELP :confused:
You paid IRCC already.....any of you can pay so send them the confirmation number of the second and first and ask for a refund.....it's not their money and they will pay you back....send them another email again and override the first one.....this time, use the correct date if birth

BrizoAthena

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Doc's Request.
27-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
31-08-2018
I hope somebody can answer our question, what is the next step now if we received the following details about our application?

Applied for inland family class in December 2019
Medical done on September 2020
Biological done on October 2020
Open work permit application has been submitted together with the inland application, but have not received it yet.

• IRCC confirms that your file is being reviewed by the local office
  • Security has passed
  • Eligibility has passed

what will be the next steps then? We have been waiting for so long and are very frustrated.

Thank you for for your attention to my post.

Last edited:

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
a friend of mine sponsors her husband within Canada, but they had their documents returned from
Mississauga due to missing signature after 6 months. Long story short, it is not clear what they need to do next:

1. Do they need to fill out new forms dated in October, or they can just sign and send back the ones from March? If they need to fill out new ones, do they need to send the original forms as well, along with the cover letter that CIC sent them?
2. Do they need to pay the fees again or they will get refund and will have to make a new payment?
3. His visitor status has lapsed, can he still apply for extension online explaining the situation?

thanks

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
Hi Everyone,

i just want to ask onething...i am really confused after submitting voluntary updated documents and pics of me with my husband celebrating wedding anniversary and birthdays together after long time...we got this reply...is this positive towards pre-arrival?

i am waiting since january 2019 and still no response only interview letter issued back in Nov 2020.....???really trying to understand this reply? its really very frustrating :(

Dear Sir/Madam –

Thank you for your email. The submitted items have been received and added to this file for review by a migration officer.

We will be in touch with next steps as they become applicable.

We trust the above is of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
a friend of mine sponsors her husband within Canada, but they had their documents returned from
Mississauga due to missing signature after 6 months. Long story short, it is not clear what they need to do next:

1. Do they need to fill out new forms dated in October, or they can just sign and send back the ones from March? If they need to fill out new ones, do they need to send the original forms as well, along with the cover letter that CIC sent them?
2. Do they need to pay the fees again or they will get refund and will have to make a new payment?
3. His visitor status has lapsed, can he still apply for extension online explaining the situation?

thanks
Just write a letter and thank IRCC for returning the letter and fill in a new form, since it may have been updated, print a sign...!! Just do what they asked you for and why they returned it....That is so not good....they returned my wife's own from Sydney to BC because she also failed to sign within a month and I guess Mississauga population is why...because Nova Scotia is far from Mississauga to BC

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Just write a letter and thank IRCC for returning the letter and fill in a new form, since it may have been updated, print a sign...!! Just do what they asked you for and why they returned it....That is so not good....they returned my wife's own from Sydney to BC because she also failed to sign within a month and I guess Mississauga population is why...because Nova Scotia is far from Mississauga to BC
Thanks. They are in Montreal. Application was sent in March, they just got the letter by regular mail a week ago.

I think your situation may be different because you got it back in a month. The CIC website shows that the docs must be dated at most 90 days prior.

This is the letter they got. It also states they are going back at the end of the line, which sucks, but it’s their own fault.

This is the letter they got:

https://ibb.co/BLJXGgR

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks. They are in Montreal. Application was sent in March, they just got the letter by regular mail a week ago.

I think your situation may be different because you got it back in a month. The CIC website shows that the docs must be dated at most 90 days prior.

This is the letter they got. It also states they are going back at the end of the line, which sucks, but it’s their own fault.

This is the letter they got:

https://ibb.co/BLJXGgR
Funny huh.....Montreal is between Sydney, Nova Scotia and Mississauga, Ontario so I wonder my wife's own could come from April 19 and they returned on 26 May and she replied same day and it got there 31st May

zy03

Feb 15, 2016
+63
Hi! It's been 5months and we still haven't received AOR for Outland app they can’t even provide a temporary file number thru phone or via web form.. they kept on mentioning that it is not in their system yet and I better contact the courier if it was indeed received.. I did ask the courier and said it was dropped at the correct dropoff point as per GPS checking and it was received by “Adam at Ship dock” as displayed on the tracker though they mentioned that it possibly got lost in the processing center which is a bit frustrating and I don't know who to believe..

Has anyone experienced this as well? We’re you able to get AOR after a few more months of waiting or should we instead resend the app? Would appreciate all your inputs..
Thanks!

Last edited: