NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Hello,

Below is my progress for sponsoring (me, citizen in Canada) my wife (from India).

Application submitted: May 2020
Medical and biometrics request: March 2021
Pre-arrival letter: July 2021
Status updated to "Decision Made" this week.

May I know the approximate time it would take for my wife to get her passport request letter?
Congrats! How you are tracking application, through online portal? Can Sponsor link the application to his own CIC account used for his on PR application?

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Can I go on parental leave abroad few months while sponsoring my wife and daughter, iam a Canadian PR, Thank you for you insights....

Shenmarie

Jul 21, 2021
Hi, I just want to ask if my application will return? if I accidentally put a wrong number of studies in total? It should be 14 but When I check it again I wonder why number 4 is the only number that reflect. WhAt should I do?

Babu16346

Mar 26, 2018
Hello,

Below is my progress for sponsoring (me, citizen in Canada) my wife (from India).

Application submitted: May 2020
Medical and biometrics request: March 2021
Pre-arrival letter: July 2021
Status updated to "Decision Made" this week.

May I know the approximate time it would take for my wife to get her passport request letter?
Nice. Congrats. My wife application is also approved. But no update on passport request. Please do share if you receive passport request

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
Hello, I'm about to submit sponsorship application for my wife, she did visitor visa request in 2020 and therefore she submitted her biometrics and got letter stating that her biometrics are valid for 10 years, but now when i search for her biometrics on IRCC website i couldn't find it, shall i pay again for her biometrics or submit letter as proof that biometrics are valid for 10 years? Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I'm about to submit sponsorship application for my wife, she did visitor visa request in 2020 and therefore she submitted her biometrics and got letter stating that her biometrics are valid for 10 years, but now when i search for her biometrics on IRCC website i couldn't find it, shall i pay again for her biometrics or submit letter as proof that biometrics are valid for 10 years? Thank you
I would do no more than submit proof she submitted biometrics before.

Note, previously IRCC always required PR applicants to get new biometrics. During covid they have waived this and are accepting previous. Because formally it's a temporary special measure, there are sometimes oddities or minor confusions in processing and especially in what the update pages say (they may say biometrics needed when they aren't).

Personally I'd pay and wait for them to refund (they do seem to do this consistently) because once in a while they ask for payment before they realise it was already paid. But it probably makes no difference.

Reactions: medkarim

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
I would do no more than submit proof she submitted biometrics before.

Note, previously IRCC always required PR applicants to get new biometrics. During covid they have waived this and are accepting previous. Because formally it's a temporary special measure, there are sometimes oddities or minor confusions in processing and especially in what the update pages say (they may say biometrics needed when they aren't).

Personally I'd pay and wait for them to refund (they do seem to do this consistently) because once in a while they ask for payment before they realise it was already paid. But it probably makes no difference.
This is what we did. We paid for it upfront, but they linked it automatically from a previous TRV application and then refunded us.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello, I just noticed that the name is wrong on the COPR paperwork. We already landed and just looking to get that fix, anyone know who to reach out to, to correct it? Should we speak/email IRCC?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Hi, can you please help with the following question:
Is it okay if I handwrite the date (after printing) on the forms (IMM 0008 and 1344) with a barcode vs typing the date? Also, can we put future dates?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Is it okay if I handwrite the date (after printing) on the forms (IMM 0008 and 1344) with a barcode vs typing the date? Also, can we put future dates?
you can handwritten the dates.

not sure about putting future dates (i dont think ircc will know about future dates written)

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
you can handwritten the dates.

not sure about putting future dates (i dont think ircc will know about future dates written)
Thanks for your reply. If I handwrite the dates on forms that generate barcodes, won't the dates be missed when they scan the barcode?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Personally, I think once a specific form requires barcodes then best everything needs to be typed, unless the specific space does not allow for typing. Eg. Date section does not allow for typing. I feel the barcode is what is scanned for records as it captures all typed information.
As for the date, provided it hasn't yet been submitted to IRCC it is only a future date for you should be fine, meaning ircc has no idea of when you filled or printed the docs. But if you mean a future date for ircc then I dnt think that's advisable.