+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I just discovered one thing that I didn’t know about it. I wasted 100$, because I thought the maximum that we can request for staying in Canada as a visitor (during the sponsorship)…is 6 months. Today I discovered that some people got 1 year of extension :(
I should not trust customer services on the telephone; they told me I can extend for 6 months, without telling me it’s possible to ask for more than 6 months…

pedipbk

Jul 2, 2021
I have one question.
the country specific additional documents part is for principal applicant specifically or both sponsor and PA?
Because I am a bit confused. my friend tells it is absolutely necessary to include your National Identity Document but I am telling him it is not as we are the sponsors and have the PR status in Canada and our PR card is sufficient.
can anybody clarify that?
Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have one question.
the country specific additional documents part is for principal applicant specifically or both sponsor and PA?
Because I am a bit confused. my friend tells it is absolutely necessary to include your National Identity Document but I am telling him it is not as we are the sponsors and have the PR status in Canada and our PR card is sufficient.
can anybody clarify that?
Thanks in advance
Pr card should be sufficient for the sponsor.

Reactions: pedipbk

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just discovered one thing that I didn’t know about it. I wasted 100$, because I thought the maximum that we can request for staying in Canada as a visitor (during the sponsorship)…is 6 months. Today I discovered that some people got 1 year of extension :(
I should not trust customer services on the telephone; they told me I can extend for 6 months, without telling me it’s possible to ask for more than 6 months…
They are not consultants. The information is available on the internet for you to find, yes? How are they responsible for you thinking something which was not the case?

Seems to me they gave you accurate information - you can extend for six months. Did you specifically ask if you could extend for longer?

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
They are not consultants. The information is available on the internet for you to find, yes? How are they responsible for you thinking something which was not the case?

Seems to me they gave you accurate information - you can extend for six months. Did you specifically ask if you could extend for longer?
No I didn’t ask, but saying “you can extend for 6 months” would imply -implicitly ?- that’s the maximum. I couldn’t find anywhere in the website that is possible to request more than 6 months.

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
No I didn’t ask, but saying “you can extend for 6 months” would imply -implicitly ?- that’s the maximum. I couldn’t find anywhere in the website that is possible to request more than 6 months.
I’m pretty sure the extension is 6 months at a time. That is what I understood.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Okay so 1stly if it's agents you are talking about then it's okay to be disappointed about their actions. But if this was from IRCC platform, then I belive they gave you the most appropriate time possible for extension. I belive at times people file may differ depending on their ties with the country and hence allowed to extend based of certain ties.

Also I know of some countries who allow you to extend 6 months for 3 times consecutively and after you could extend for a year so maybe those who extended for a year are in those shoes.

As for my country you would be given a month then 3 months extension. But since I was married to my wife instead of 3 months extension they gave her 1 year and next possible extension is 3 years. Which I ddnt know until I submitted my application at the immigration office and was advised otherwise. So had to return home and re apply for a 1 year instead of 3 months.

In short I believe you were advised based on your visa and also ties within Canada could be spouse, siblings, job, finance, or a previous visa not sure how it is determined in other countries though. Hope there is some truth here, if not then you have every right to be pissed.

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Okay so 1stly if it's agents you are talking about then it's okay to be disappointed about their actions. But if this was from IRCC platform, then I belive they gave you the most appropriate time possible for extension. I belive at times people file may differ depending on their ties with the country and hence allowed to extend based of certain ties.

Also I know of some countries who allow you to extend 6 months for 3 times consecutively and after you could extend for a year so maybe those who extended for a year are in those shoes.

As for my country you would be given a month then 3 months extension. But since I was married to my wife instead of 3 months extension they gave her 1 year and next possible extension is 3 years. Which I ddnt know until I submitted my application at the immigration office and was advised otherwise. So had to return home and re apply for a 1 year instead of 3 months.

In short I believe you were advised based on your visa and also ties within Canada could be spouse, siblings, job, finance, or a previous visa not sure how it is determined in other countries though. Hope there is some truth here, if not then you have every right to be pissed.
Interesting! I forget sometimes about that element. It differs depending on which country you are travelling from. ‍SMH

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Interesting! I forget sometimes about that element. It differs depending on which country you are travelling from. ‍SMH
Yes sir, it really does depend. And might be challenging to get actual info till you actually doing it or one with a relevant experience informs you beforehand.

Mar 19, 2021
Hello everyone ! March 2021 applicant here. We submitted the application on March 17 2021. Bio Matric was done on April 28 & SA on May 5th. Weird thing is no one asked for any medical exam. Current status is showing as "in process" for PA approval. Any idea how long will it take from here ? Also is it normal to not be asked for the Medical at this point ? Should I contact LVO for an update ?

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hello everyone ! March 2021 applicant here. We submitted the application on March 17 2021. Bio Matric was done on April 28 & SA on May 5th. Weird thing is no one asked for any medical exam. Current status is showing as "in process" for PA approval. Any idea how long will it take from here ? Also is it normal to not be asked for the Medical at this point ? Should I contact LVO for an update ?
ur app is 3 months old, ur still doing well progress wise

Reactions: Salutationtoall

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, I have a question for outland spousal application. Do we have to send the completed application from home country or can I sent it from Canada? As I will be travelling back to Canada after marriage.