+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I received my AoR last week and since, I've no news. I want to order my GCMS notes to see why it's not moving since last week*: do you think the agent will dislike the way that I ordered my GCMS notes and put all his/her frustration on me ?

* I've : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

• Haha
Reactions: esam99

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received my AoR last week and since, I've no news. I want to order my GCMS notes to see why it's not moving since last week*: do you think the agent will dislike the way that I ordered my GCMS notes and put all his/her frustration on me ?

* I've : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
You will not likely get any additional information a week after AOR. But no, they will not hold it against you and feel free to order it if it makes you feel better. It's handled by different staff and teams entirely.

I don't know if you've ordered before so no comment on that - I don't remember details of your case. Just with respect to Aor a week ago, it's probably not much new. If you haven't before - order. It's your right.

You may get the initial evaluation (preliminary? I don't remember) which can be useful but frankly if your relationship etc is 'normal' you're not going to see much more than interview required or not. Which is useful but probably not urgent at aor stage. Personally I'd wait a month or so but that's gut feeling, not concrete.

Of course if you think the government is out to get you for your facebook posts about Julian Assange, then of course they're going to hide it anyway so no point ordering gcms notes, they'll send the black helicopters to abduct and render you to Guantanomo Bay in the middle of the night and your only protection is to flee to Algonquin Park.

Algonquin Park is beautiful at this time of year, although I think the black flies are probably worse than waterboarding. Your call.

(And yes, I am openly mocking you - albeit gently)

Mrsnandhu

Jun 5, 2021
I submitted my application on 22 March 2021
Medical request: 04 May 2021
Medical done on 12 May 2021. But it's still not updated on my account. Then I contacted the hospital and they have notified me that my report has been submitted on 13 may 2021. Is it normal? Anyone with same experience???

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Medical done on 12 May 2021. But it's still not updated on my account. Then I contacted the hospital and they have notified me that my report has been submitted on 13 may 2021. Is it normal? Anyone with same experience???
It sometimes takes a while. Ours took about three weeks to get uploaded. Check the spreadsheets for an idea of averages.

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Cic website says they have backlog of medical reviews and people may not see any update for sometime

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi fellow applicants, hope you're having a nice weekend.

I'm a pre-March 18th CoPR holder and I have an ongoing add-on request to include my spouse to receive a new CoPR prior to landing. I got this in a request letter on my CIC profile:

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status. Our records indicate that you notified us of this change after we had issued you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence for you and your dependents if you have any.

Please understand that we will require that you return this document as well as your passport(s) with your permanent resident visa(s), if
applicable, in order for us to cancel them
. You must provide us with these original documents in addition
to the other requested documents for us to continue with your application process.
I have uploaded all the requested documents (basically the application kit to add a spouse), but according to the wording, am I required to submit my passport? Not sure if this is a standard PPR because I do not have any details of when, how and where to send the passport. Previously, I was asked to send the passport to the Ottawa office by mail.

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Call IRCC and check if they have received it or not. Also, if you have access to your GCKey, you can upload the Medical receipt there as well. just click on the "View submitted application or upload documents" on your application page.
thank you!!

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
In outland spousal sponsorship do we need to upload medical report, or our panel physician do by themselves. PA country is India.

Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am Canadian citizen .
I applied for Family class application (Sponsor and dependent child) Nov 8,2020 in Canada .
My sponsor and child in India now.

Application Received :Nov 12,2020
Application number: April 21,2021

after that nothing happens.
Any idea about processing time or whats next steps.
You don't need to be sponsor because you are already Canadian citizen. Send a separate application for your spouse and child (if he/she is not yet Canadian by decent).

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021

I'm a pre-March 18th CoPR holder and I have an ongoing add-on request to include my spouse to receive a new CoPR prior to landing. I got this in a request letter on my CIC profile:

I have uploaded all the requested documents (basically the application kit to add a spouse), but according to the wording, am I required to submit my passport? Not sure if this is a standard PPR because I do not have any details of when, how and where to send the passport. Previously, I was asked to send the passport to the Ottawa office by mail.
From my understanding of the cic response to your request,want to cancel your initial approval so that you can be reassessed at the same time with your family.like starting a new application. Because what ever you were approved for did not include your current marital status.maybe I am wrong
Not sure what program you applied under . Cause some programs require you include all family members for financial evaluation.so if you waited to include them after then it might mean you may not have qualified for a particular program if your family members were included in your application
Experts will correct me if I am wrong

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
From my understanding of the cic response to your request,want to cancel your initial approval so that you can be reassessed at the same time with your family.like starting a new application. Because what ever you were approved for did not include your current marital status.maybe I am wrong
Not sure what program you applied under . Cause some programs require you include all family members for financial evaluation.so if you waited to include them after then it might mean you may not have qualified for a particular program if your family members were included in your application
Experts will correct me if I am wrong
So again if you already submitted your passport for visa to travel to Canada they want you to return your passport so that they can cancel your VISA.but in your situation I think you don’t have a visa or you never submitted your passport for VISA stamp

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021

CIC wants to cancel the documents they gave you.did you get married after receiving CoPR?if you got married after then it’s not a big deal you can just sponsor your sponsor on your arrival.but if you were married before application did you disclose that you were married?