+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
read the instructions carefully. Which address depends on what type of application you're filing, inland or outland, and you haven't provided the info for anyone to help you.
I am sponsor and in Canada. But my wife is in India.
I am sending application in Family Class where PA is out of Canada and Sponsor is in Canada.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
The instructions say related to you in any way. Just describe the connection truthfully if there is a family xonmection

But you say they were friends. if there's no family tie between the two families, the answer is no.
Thank you @armoured . Yes, there is no family tie between our families. My wife's Aunt and my sister-in-law was just Colleague and friends. So, I am answering this question as NO. Is there any need of writing any explanation for this?

Just FYI - I have clearly mentioned in question 8 in Part C that our marriage was arranged where My sister-in-law gave my parents reference to my wife's aunt. My sister-in-law is close friend and colleague of my wife's aunt.

still there is any need of an explanation letter?

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi All,
Just got the following message from IRCC:
  • The responsible office has verified that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which they have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
Does it mean that I've passed the necessary assessments, including the eligibility review? I've got DM on e-CAS (both SA and PA).

Many thanks.

Last edited:

alien2021

Jun 2, 2021
Good day. I have a question. I as a foreign national at the time of the marriage to a canadian citizen in Canada in Jan this year had been out of status for a couple of years due to a scam. Currently I have a AOR on my hands that I received in Feb and just wonder when to roughly expect my open work permit so I can start working?
Thank you in advance

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Thank you @armoured . Yes, there is no family tie between our families. My wife's Aunt and my sister-in-law was just Colleague and friends. So, I am answering this question as NO. Is there any need of writing any explanation for this?

Just FYI - I have clearly mentioned in question 8 in Part C that our marriage was arranged where My sister-in-law gave my parents reference to my wife's aunt. My sister-in-law is close friend and colleague of my wife's aunt.

Please suggest

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I completely agree that this process of sending the entire file back, with no notification or tracking, and no way to retrieve, is absolutely an abomination and barbaric. (Particularly to addresses abroad, but also in Canada).

One small note: reports here lately that files are now being 'returned' by email, with ability to resubmit without attaching all documents (i.e. they are at least keeping - it seems - all of the scans done when they file is originally received, and re-submit by sending print of old files since they already have).

It's too early to say how well it works but if they do it consistently and properly, it would be a BIG improvement (from an absolute disaster, granted). I still think they could deal with 90% of the rejected and returned files by just sending a document request though, rather than sending the whole thing back.
I know . Imagine my application was returned after 7 to 9 months for a representative form which is optional . I was so confused . People can send that form after whenever they want even after 6 months. I really couldn’t get how everything was sent back . I still don’t know why. My application is recieved on March 22 2021 instead of being august 2020 on ECAS and gckey. It’s so outrageous how a form that if I didn’t submit and left it out completely would’ve made my application complete . The fact I added it caused it to be incomplete

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Hi

Can anybody tell that while applying for spousal sponsorship the marriage palace bills should include GST or not as the GST is not included on the given bills.
Thankyou

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018

@armoured can you please provide suggestions on this as well ?

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Hi

Can anybody tell that while applying for spousal sponsorship the marriage palace bills should include GST or not as the GST is not included on the given bills.
Thankyou
My marriage to Canadian citizen took place over 20 years ago. We did not include with my PR application any information about the wedding venue nor the bills; and certainly no mention of whether tax was included or not. I doubt that IRCC cares how much the wedding cost nor if bills include tax or not. Unless you are placing the monetary aspect in the "proof of relationship" category. But certainly there is better evidence of a proven relationship than GST?

Good luck!

Reactions: Idrissrafd