+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

T&Tony

May 7, 2021
Hi all,

I have a question regarding to in-land sponsorship. Last 2 years, I submitted the in-land spousal sponsorship for my ex wife. However, we withdraw the application after IRCC finished processing the sponsor’s application and started processing the permanent residence application for the sponsored person, but before she received the PR from sponsorship. The reason we withdraw is my ex wife receive the PR from the express entry stream before the sponsorship application completed. Now, we just finished our divorce and I just remarried and would like to sponsor my current wife. Therefore, I have couple questions that I am curious with:

Can I sponsor for my current wife or I need to wait for specific time?
Did the 5 years rule applied to me?
Even I withdraw the application, did IRCC record and count it as my first spousal sponsorship attempt or not?

I hope our dear friends can help me to understand more about the topic above. Thank you for your help.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hi All,

I am looking to sponsor my spouse to Canada from Sri Lanka. My wife is a Sri Lankan and been in Sri Lanka for the most post of her life after turning 18 years old. She is 27 years old now and has spent 3 years in India for studies between 2015-2018.

Does she need to submit a police clearance certificate from India?

according the document checklist and IRCC website, it does not say she will need it, but few people I talked to are saying I will need to include it anyway. Appreciate your help on this.

Bavan
i think she does yes

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I have a few questions about a couple forms

1 - IMM 1344 Page 2, It asks for a mailing address.

We are doing an outland application, but I have family living in Canada. I don't trust the Russian postal system, so I don't want to have things sent here.

If we enter a Canadian address, will it cause us any problems? I plan to enter an email address anyways, which it says all correspondence will go to the email, rather than the postal address, but I just want to be sure.

2 - IMM 5669

My wife worked for the same company, but her role changed several times. Do we need to put a new place in the employment form for each role, or just once, for the entire duration of her employment. She is Russian, so she must provide a copy of her workbook, which shows the different changes in position.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a few questions about a couple forms

1 - IMM 1344 Page 2, It asks for a mailing address.

We are doing an outland application, but I have family living in Canada. I don't trust the Russian postal system, so I don't want to have things sent here.

If we enter a Canadian address, will it cause us any problems? I plan to enter an email address anyways, which it says all correspondence will go to the email, rather than the postal address, but I just want to be sure.

2 - IMM 5669

My wife worked for the same company, but her role changed several times. Do we need to put a new place in the employment form for each role, or just once, for the entire duration of her employment. She is Russian, so she must provide a copy of her workbook, which shows the different changes in position.
1. Fine to use a mailing address in Canada, that's what it's for.

2. Should be fine to just put the current position. If you think it's necessary, add a letter of explanation. Might make sense to separate if she has done completely different jobs within the same company, but if it's normal progression and intra-company moves, won't matter.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
1. Fine to use a mailing address in Canada, that's what it's for.

2. Should be fine to just put the current position. If you think it's necessary, add a letter of explanation. Might make sense to separate if she has done completely different jobs within the same company, but if it's normal progression and intra-company moves, won't matter.
Thanks,

Thanks, I saw something saying that if the applicant is living outside of Canada, and the mailing address is in Canada, that we need to use the 'use of a representative form'. But now I don't see this anywhere...

We have letters from family members which we will include. Some from my family in Canada. We planned to have them sign the letters, scan them, then email them to us. Is this enough, or do letters like these need to be notarized?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks,

Thanks, I saw something saying that if the applicant is living outside of Canada, and the mailing address is in Canada, that we need to use the 'use of a representative form'. But now I don't see this anywhere...

We have letters from family members which we will include. Some from my family in Canada. We planned to have them sign the letters, scan them, then email them to us. Is this enough, or do letters like these need to be notarized?
You may want to have sponsor as representative anyway but not required, no.

Letters like that don't need to be notarized or anything if in English or French. Scans should be fine as far as I know as long as signed.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
You may want to have sponsor as representative anyway but not required, no.

Letters like that don't need to be notarized or anything if in English or French. Scans should be fine as far as I know as long as signed.
Ah, I guess I will do that. I figured that I was already able to represent her, since I am her sponsor.

I posted earlier about my tax situation. Any idea how much this will affect my application to sponsor?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ah, I guess I will do that. I figured that I was already able to represent her, since I am her sponsor.

I posted earlier about my tax situation. Any idea how much this will affect my application to sponsor?
There are still privacy walls for government between applicant and sponsor so it is useful.

I didn't see the tax question.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
There are still privacy walls for government between applicant and sponsor so it is useful.

I didn't see the tax question.
On my 2016 tax return, it has me listed as a resident of Ontario, even though I moved out of the country in this year.
I have since learned, that I was supposed to put that I became a non-resident.

I sent the CRA a letter in March, and another at the end of April, asking to change the 2016 return. On the phone, they said that since it was sent by post (and impossible to send online) there is no way to know when it will be acknowledged and updated.

We want to send in our application package within the next few weeks.

If the CRA looks at me as a sponsor, and my 2016 return still hasn't been updated, so it shows 2017-2020 as unreported, how will this affect my chances of being eligible for being a sponsor?

Should I include a letter with my application, explaining the situation?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
On my 2016 tax return, it has me listed as a resident of Ontario, even though I moved out of the country in this year.
I have since learned, that I was supposed to put that I became a non-resident.

I sent the CRA a letter in March, and another at the end of April, asking to change the 2016 return. On the phone, they said that since it was sent by post (and impossible to send online) there is no way to know when it will be acknowledged and updated.

We want to send in our application package within the next few weeks.

If the CRA looks at me as a sponsor, and my 2016 return still hasn't been updated, so it shows 2017-2020 as unreported, how will this affect my chances of being eligible for being a sponsor?

Should I include a letter with my application, explaining the situation?
Not an expert but if you're applying as a citizen-sponsor residing abroad and have no or minimal Canadian income since 2016, I think it's likely irrelevant to your application. Could be wrong but you'd have to figure out why it's relevant and why you think you need to explain it.

No idea on the tax issues but they should mostly be completely separate.

Sagardeep

May 9, 2021
Hello guys
When we check status with ECAS, thn is there any notification shown on gckey then we chek with other or not??
Because my gckey account operate by my agent

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi guys just need suggestion from the guys who are processing their spousal sponsorhip application through lawyer.I have a complicated case so not want to take risk by applying myslef for my wife.Any suggestions based on your lawyer experience which immigration conuslant can be legit and good caretaker of each file processing..

veerayk

Nov 9, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Other
I had submitted my wife's Spousal sponsorship application, and it was delivered to the Sydney office on Apr. 26. 2021
After submission, I have realized that I have submitted the correct PR size photos but Missed writing the below details on the back of the photo.

Name and date of birth of the Principal Applicant,
The name and complete address of the photography studio,
and the photograph's date.

Can I send updated photos to the Sydney office now?
I dont want my application to get returned for this reason.
Please suggest to me the next steps.
I am very nervous and stressing a lot because of this. Your help will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing from you.

Milay

Nov 13, 2020
Yes.
Hi guys just need suggestion from the guys who are processing their spousal sponsorhip application through lawyer.I have a complicated case so not want to take risk by applying myslef for my wife.Any suggestions based on your lawyer experience which immigration conuslant can be legit and good caretaker of each file processing..
Yes. I have trustworthy lawyers based in Ottawa and I'm sure they can help you out. They're my lawyers and it's been a clean & wonderful journey with them so far especially when it comes to handling packages. You can check them out @olalerelaw on Instagram, olalerelawoffice on YouTube or send them a message via whatsapp +16137997572. They're very professional and trust me, they've been in the game for over 15 years. If you ask me, I'd say you should book a consultation with them right away. I hope this helps you and your wife and anyone else who needs a lawyer at this moment. Trust me, this is the step to getting your own golden news as a PR! Best wishes!