Mar 8, 2020
Application submitted: Dec, 2019
Application received :Jan, 2020
Biometric Instruction :Feb,2020
Medical Instruction:Feb,2020
Started processing Application: Mar,2021
Pre-arrival :April, 2021
Remedical :April.2021

Remeicals done 2 weeks ago, I got a confirmation email that my medical results have been sent to IRCC, But my ECAS does not show medical receive, Status still says in Process.
Is it normal??????
please help

SJ_14

Mar 11, 2021
1. for sponsoring a spouse, in our application package, they gave us form imm5476e to fill up.

we do not have a representative. is it okay if we dont submit this document?

2. for form 5669e. do i (sponsor), have to fill this up? im already in canada as PR.

3. form 5406e - do i (sponsor), have to fill this up? im already in canada as PR.

4. form imm0008depenu , do we need to submit this or not? i will be sponsoring my spouse only, no dependants.
Hey!
1. You need not to fill this form if you don’t have a representative. You can just put the form in the application package and write N/A on it, if you want.

2. You don’t have to fill this form IMM 5669. It’s for principal applicant and dependents.

3. You don’t have to fill this form. It’s again for Prinicipal applicant.

4. Principal applicant needs to fill this form up. Put N/A where they have asked asked for dependents.

Don’t leave anything blank. Make sure you put N/A at the columns or places which doesn’t apply to you.

Good luck!

SJ_14

Mar 11, 2021
Hello, everyone I just had a question for a friend, for landing in Canada what type of documents does the applicant need to bring with her, does she have to bring her country Identity card ?
Hey! Are you asking about Aadhar Card? If yes, then it is not required in Canada but i feel it’s always good to carry all your ID proofs along.

SJ_14

Mar 11, 2021
Hello All

I just have a quick question about processing times.

I am Canadian and my spouse is chinese, we are both living and working in Beijing.

Our completed family sponsorship package was delivered October 23, 2020. Since then we haven’t heard a thing.

My question is this, is this time frame in line with processing times during the pandemic? Should I try to contact someone or just wait?

It has been 6 months with no word but others seem to be having quicker response times.

Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts.
Hey!!
I can totally understand what you are going through at the moment. Mine was submitted in June 2020 and after that there was no response from their side for 6 months. And then, I got my application number in Dec 2020, that was the very first communication from their side. After that my application was processed within 4 months. Got my stamped passport back in April 2021.
You can always raise webform to ask about the processing of your case if you want. Hope your application process starts soon. Good luck!

Reactions: Nailah

SJ_14

Mar 11, 2021
Hi everyone,
Question regarding Form IMM 5532 Part A, No. 4 (Level of Education)

How should I respond to this?

1. Select all and write number of years for all levels? (Example: Primary-6, Secondary-6, University-4, Post-graduate - 2)

OR

2. Just select Post-graduate and write 2?

Thanks in advance for help.
We selected just the last option that was Post-graduate studies and wrote “17” in Number of years completed (total number of years of study).
Our case was processed with this information.

Reactions: sidewinder

SJ_14

Mar 11, 2021
Does anyone know the trick to link the paper application online ? March 2021 applicant. Just received the AOR email. Tried to link the application to my online account but for the love of God cannot link the application. I verified the information I am putting in multiple times but obviously I am missing something here.
Did you try it with your Passport number? I was trying to check with my Place of birth, wasn’t able to link. It opened quickly, When i checked it with passport number.

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Many people received AOR2 from London visa office within 1 month or less , I still haven’t received it yet my file was transfer in MAR,1 2021 I am nov 2020 applicant

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi there,

I hope you guys can enlighten me. I am about to submit our inland spousal sponsorship application (my husband is the citizen) within a week or 2. I do have some questions (just to make sure) - please help...
1. Checklist to be used is IMM 5533 E right?
2. Since I have not changed my passport (still under my maiden name), do I need to put my new name (containing the husband's last name) on the alias part since all of my BC IDs, SIN, Medical Insurance are under his last name already?
3. Do you include your spouse on the dependents details IMM 0008 E?
4. I did my post degree here (came as a student now under PGWP), but the only option is Post-Graduate No Degree on the highest level of education, do I choose that?
5. It says on the Canadian Police Clearance that if I have been living here for the past 6 months, I do not need to immediately submit a Police Clearance from here, so do I not get a Canadian Police Clearance yet? (I got one from my country already)

Thank you so much :)

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello. Can anybody clarify I can send spousal application with a copy of the police certificate. Original is in transit and the shipment is held for no obvious reason at one of the port (international). I am not sure to wait as one of the police certificates was issued on 27 Jan (3 month validity period?).
Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
I believe its 6 months

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I will be sponsoring my fiance after we get married this November. She has an express entry profile and another profile that she created when she applied for a study permit (it was rejected) and because of this she has 2 UCI numbers. When we apply for the PR which UCI should I use? The one for her EE profile or the one for her study permit profile?
So what did your wife ended up using? I have an existing UCI too first for my Study Permit then PGWP. Do I use that even if my husband is the sponsor? Or can we use my profile so he does not need to make a new account.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2. Since I have not changed my passport (still under my maiden name), do I need to put my new name (containing the husband's last name) on the alias part since all of my BC IDs, SIN, Medical Insurance are under his last name already?
3. Do you include your spouse on the dependents details IMM 0008 E?
4. I did my post degree here (came as a student now under PGWP), but the only option is Post-Graduate No Degree on the highest level of education, do I choose that?
2. If you have legally changed your name, use that name on all your files. If you've not yet replaced your passport, include it with a note, and apply for a new one with new name.
3. Do not include citizens or already-PRs on the IMM0008.
4. Not clear what you mean or what form you're referring to. Did you complete your 'post degree'? If it's 0008, the question is highest level of education, bachelor's, master, post graduate no degree, or doctorate. Pick the most appropriate. (You can stress a bit less about this, it's not a selection criteria for spousal sponsorship)

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
2. If you have legally changed your name, use that name on all your files. If you've not yet replaced your passport, include it with a note, and apply for a new one with new name.
3. Do not include citizens or already-PRs on the IMM0008.
4. Not clear what you mean or what form you're referring to. Did you complete your 'post degree'? If it's 0008, the question is highest level of education, bachelor's, master, post graduate no degree, or doctorate. Pick the most appropriate. (You can stress a bit less about this, it's not a selection criteria for spousal sponsorship)
Hi there,
Thank you for the prompt reply.
2. I actually put my maiden name on the forms because it says use the name that is on your passport (less complications). I will submit my Marriage Certificate anyways, hence the change of name on my BC IDs
4. Yes I did a post degree here in BC and finished last August 2019 (thank you for your response)
5. Another question, can I use or link our application on my existing CIC (used it for Study Permit and PGWP application) or does my husband need to make an account since he is sponsoring? Thank you.

mr.Bavan

Apr 10, 2019
Hi All,

I am looking to sponsor my spouse to Canada from Sri Lanka. My wife is a Sri Lankan and been in Sri Lanka for the most post of her life after turning 18 years old. She is 27 years old now and has spent 3 years in India for studies between 2015-2018.

Does she need to submit a police clearance certificate from India?

according the document checklist and IRCC website, it does not say she will need it, but few people I talked to are saying I will need to include it anyway. Appreciate your help on this.

Bavan

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
On my 2016 tax return, it has me listed as a resident of Ontario, even though I moved out of the country in this year.
I have since learned, that I was supposed to put that I became a non-resident.

I sent the CRA a letter in March, and another at the end of April, asking to change the 2016 return. On the phone, they said that since it was sent by post (and impossible to send online) there is no way to know when it will be acknowledged and updated.

We want to send in our application package within the next few weeks.

If the CRA looks at me as a sponsor, and my 2016 return still hasn't been updated, so it shows 2017-2020 as unreported, how will this affect my chances of being eligible for being a sponsor?

Should I include a letter with my application, explaining the situation?