+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

maxayma

May 11, 2020
you were right, my husband recieved medical request and the visa office started working on the file. I think ECAS is being off lately but, it finally updated this morning.
So now you can see the additional line "we started processing.....".
My app. is exactly like you but still without that additional line.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
then you u will receive pre-arrival and decision made in this week.If u done with biometrics,medical and SA.
I thought the change from App. received to in process means that VO started processing. From your reply it means the VO finished processing. I hope this is true as mine is exactly at this stage now but I have just received medical yesterday.

octy7408

Mar 21, 2021
I thought the change from App. received to in process means that VO started processing. From your reply it means the VO finished processing. I hope this is true as mine is exactly at this stage now but I have just received medical yesterday.
while it is in process Vo will start the processing after app. received. here i t will change from app. received to in process state there will get the pre-arrival letter, after that in ecas it will change from in process to decision made. if fine with all documents.

Last edited:

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
then you u will receive pre-arrival and decision made in this week.If u done with biometrics,medical and SA.
I hope your words come true :)

It has gone from from App Received to In Process back to App Received back to In Process over a period of 3 months now, and this has happened for many people from what I am seeing.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
If I (sponsor) become the representative for my spouse, can we still link the application online? or do we have to rely on email communications? Please advise what's the best thing to do?

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Our big problem is that we lack anything that has both of our names on it. We have things that show the same address, but nothing that has both names together. Will this be a problem?

With the letter from her mother, is it safe to check the box about 'rental agreement' or should I only check the last box, and provide the other information with the explanation of not checking 2 boxes?
You can get a life insurance for yourself and your wife. You can have your wife as a nominee/beneficiary on your life insurance and yourself as a nominee/beneficiary on your wife's life insurance.
If you have any bank account with TFSA or RRSP, you can have them add your wife as a beneficiary there, and get that document stamped from the bank.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello,
While sending the application package by post, do we need to seperate the sponsorship application of myself and the general pr application of my spouse along with their respective supporting document. Or they both can be sent as a single application package. Kindly let me know. Thank you.

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hello,
While sending the application package by post, do we need to seperate the sponsorship application of myself and the general pr application of my spouse along with their respective supporting document. Or they both can be sent as a single application package. Kindly let me know. Thank you.
you can send both as a single package. You can make table of content in the beginning with the serial order of the documents placed in a package.

Reactions: gokul0989