+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
i am inland applicant and received CoPR in march 2021.and i have already applied for PR card through mail to etibicoke office and it will take upto 4 months.i have one question. i am planning to getting married..so whats the procedure for that after copr? do i need to inform ircc about my marriage? i don't want to add my partner in my file. i don't know. do we have to do landing these days? i heard if we have completed landing process then we have to sponsor partner rather than adding in file? so can i get married now or i should wait for pr card then get married?
thank you
When you say inland applicant, it is little confusing. Did you get your PR using express entry and looking to marry now or were you sponsored by somebody?

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello group,

Can you send the family sponsorship from the country of the principal applicant ???

June 2020 applicants, our application was returned in December 2020 because a NOA was not included. :(

Thanks,

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
If sponsor is a citizen, yes.
My husband was in my country visiting me, now he has returned to Canada but he left me signed the forms.

Because I still lacked a document, because it is me (Principal Aplicant) who prepared the application, since my husband is not good with papers and can make mistakes if I do not prepare it.

That is why the application is in my country and I wanted to know if I can send it from here even though my husband has already returned to Canada for his work.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My husband was in my country visiting me, now he has returned to Canada but he left me signed the forms.

Because I still lacked a document, because it is me (Principal Aplicant) who prepared the application, since my husband is not good with papers and can make mistakes if I do not prepare it.

That is why the application is in my country and I wanted to know if I can send it from here even though my husband has already returned to Canada for his work.
Yes you can. Triple check all your docs before you send them off!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I had assumed your sponsor was with you. It might be preferable to send to your husband for him to send from within Canada as it should be submitted by the sponsor. Perhaps doesn't matter, though, I don't really know. (PR sponsors absolutely should submit from within Canada.)

frange

May 25, 2018

Yes you can send it directly to CPC Sydney, no need to send it to him again if he already signs his part and all the paperwork related to him. You only have to put his Canadian address as mailing address . So that, if the package is returned, it will be delivered directly to his address within Canada. No losing risk like other international package return.

Last edited:

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Ahoy, I finally was able to link my spousal application to my online account at IRCC and now see the status of my application. I am a bit confused by some things.

(1) It says I do not need a medical exam. This doesn't sound usual to me. Is this unusual? Perhaps it's more normal as emigrating from Canada's southern next door neighbor?

(2) it says "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." Yet I have received the Biometric Instruction Letter. Perhaps that's the "message if this changes"? In any case, sounds like I still need the photograph taken by the VO (in my case I am using the US ASC) and have an appointment. I assume they'll do both the photo and fingerprints.

(3) says "do not need an interview". Again, this sounds unusual to me. My spouse has Canadian citizenship and moved to the US when we got married, we have lived together in the US since then (since 1998). Still, sounds unusual to me.

Any comments plz?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ahoy, I finally was able to link my spousal application to my online account at IRCC and now see the status of my application. I am a bit confused by some things.

(1) It says I do not need a medical exam. This doesn't sound usual to me. Is this unusual? Perhaps it's more normal as emigrating from Canada's southern next door neighbor?

(2) it says "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." Yet I have received the Biometric Instruction Letter. Perhaps that's the "message if this changes"? In any case, sounds like I still need the photograph taken by the VO (in my case I am using the US ASC) and have an appointment. I assume they'll do both the photo and fingerprints.

(3) says "do not need an interview". Again, this sounds unusual to me. My spouse has Canadian citizenship and moved to the US when we got married, we have lived together in the US since then (since 1998). Still, sounds unusual to me.

Any comments plz?
Ignore the medical and biometrics bits there, they are often wrong. Just wait for instructions and follow them.

Interview: only a small(ish) minority of applicants get interviewed - most often about relationship doubts, sometimes about information issues (contradictory info), or other case-specific issues. No promises but more likely you wont' need one.

Reactions: esam99 and LongBill

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Ignore the medical and biometrics bits there, they are often wrong. Just wait for instructions and follow them.

Interview: only a small(ish) minority of applicants get interviewed - most often about relationship doubts, sometimes about information issues (contradictory info), or other case-specific issues. No promises but more likely you wont' need one.
Thanks for the tips.

Wife and I went through this 20 years ago when she came to the US from Canada. The INS was big on personal interviews with both of us (individually and together).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the tips.

Wife and I went through this 20 years ago when she came to the US from Canada. The INS was big on personal interviews with both of us (individually and together).
IRCC seems to mostly concentrate on 'risk cases.' 20-year marriages are pretty far down the risk list.