+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know about what they check for sponsor approval. Do they call your employer or check if you are being paid on your SIN.

Nov 20, 2020
Anyone received any updates for outland applications since May 2020? I am from Canada (citizen) and my wife is in India.

I sent in my application, through a lawyer (Nanda Associates), on 4-May-2020. I have not received any updates so far. No file number or anything. Requested lawyer to call in December and they verbally confirmed that they received the file. I don't know what to do..

Applied for Visitor Visa as well in October 2020 but it's also stuck since biometrics are not yet open.

Rishavjeet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Anyone received any updates for outland applications since May 2020? I am from Canada (citizen) and my wife is in India.

I sent in my application, through a lawyer (Nanda Associates), on 4-May-2020. I have not received any updates so far. No file number or anything. Requested lawyer to call in December and they verbally confirmed that they received the file. I don't know what to do..

Applied for Visitor Visa as well in October 2020 but it's also stuck since biometrics are not yet open.
I got medical request on 10 th feb ..coz my medical was expired..

Rishavjeet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. How does that work? Did you put your application and submitted medical at the same time?

I submitted mine without medical.
I submitted my file in april 2019..and got medical request in july 1 ..but due to covid everything was stopped but now everything is on track you will get your file number and medical together..in normal days in 3 months time medical and file number aarive

Feb 18, 2021
Hello,

I received my SA letter yesterday and it states:

“The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.”

No mention of which VO my application is being transferred to. Has this happened to anyone else?

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello. I am October 2019 Outland applicant from India. I came to canada on tourist visa feb 2020. My lawyer never update my address and all u got email to submit my passport at NDVO. But I am in canada. I told ircc about that and they updated my address just want to know how much time they will send me new copr on my email.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. I am October 2019 Outland applicant from India. I came to canada on tourist visa feb 2020. My lawyer never update my address and all u got email to submit my passport at NDVO. But I am in canada. I told ircc about that and they updated my address just want to know how much time they will send me new copr on my email.
Your ppr letter should have had instructions on how to submit in Canada.

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
You are right but letter show how to do it in New Delhi but I am in canada. And I am asking that ircc updated my new address so to send back everything how much time they take.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You are right but letter show how to do it in New Delhi but I am in canada. And I am asking that ircc updated my new address so to send back everything how much time they take.
Read your letter carefully. Did it provide instructions saying "if you are in Canada...".?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

I received my SA letter yesterday and it states:

“The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.”

No mention of which VO my application is being transferred to. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it has been happening to others, probably means they haven't yet decided where your app is being sent. With Covid they are sending peoples apps to VOs where they normally wouldn't have done before. It might actually be positive if it is sent to a VO that isn't as busy since LVO is known to be very slow even before Covid.