+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sam9899

Feb 15, 2021
Hi All,

I have 2 questions regarding the NOA please:

I am the sponsor and working in Canada. I submitted my outland spousal application on Jan 08, 2021. I just realized that I submitted the PDF print of NOA from the CRA website (it shows line 15000) using the 'Print' option. I did not print the actual mail PDF version of NOA. The contents of both are the same but there is slight difference in the formatting in the 2 versions; Can this cause my application to be returned?

I am planning to file my 2020 taxes end of this month, will I have to provide my 2020 NOA once received?

Thank you

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi All,

I am the sponsor and working in Canada. I submitted my outland spousal application on Jan 08, 2021. I just realized that I submitted the PDF print of NOA from the CRA website (it shows line 15000) using the 'Print' option. I did not print the actual mail PDF version of NOA. The contents of both are the same but there is slight difference in the formatting in the 2 versions; Can this cause my application to be returned?

I am planning to file my 2020 taxes end of this month, will I have to provide my 2020 NOA once received?

Thank you
Can you please tell what is a difference?

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi All,

Thank you
Don't overthink bro, you are good to go. The print out you have is more complete the than PDF version you received.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I sent spousal application on November 3,2020. It's been 4 months no file number yet any updates
I sent mine in August 2020 and got application number through email end of January 2021. So about 6 months of waiting... Check your email and spam email also. Don't worry, keep busy and the time will go fast.

Reactions: pgandhari

argenpeg

Jan 5, 2021
Hi There

In the application to sponsor form , I forgot to add employer information (address, phone, etc). I only put the company name. will they return my application ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi There

In the application to sponsor form , I forgot to add employer information (address, phone, etc). I only put the company name. will they return my application ?

Probably not, but you're still going to send by webform a revised form with the information they requested anyway, right?

Because otherwise it's just a guess that could be wrong and you'd lose months of time.

SJohnson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Hi! My application says Decision Made for the Sponsorship Application part, but when I open it, it says only the AOR was sent and that they started processing the application. We also got medical request. Does that mean that it's a good sign that the SA is approved and I'm just waiting for the letter?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi! My application says Decision Made for the Sponsorship Application part, but when I open it, it says only the AOR was sent and that they started processing the application. We also got medical request. Does that mean that it's a good sign that the SA is approved and I'm just waiting for the letter?
It is a good sign, the sponsor should get the letter soon.

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
Same scenario, but we got our AOR on Feb 5th and no SA yet. Looks like a lot of people on the Google Doc (Outland 2020) are experiencing the same thing - especially in November and December. Hoping it will come when medical is passed.

SJohnson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Same scenario, but we got our AOR on Feb 5th and no SA yet. Looks like a lot of people on the Google Doc (Outland 2020) are experiencing the same thing - especially in November and December. Hoping it will come when medical is passed.
You should be getting yours soon! I got mine yesterday. Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: JRAS

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys ,

I have sent my application via canadapost but since feb 11 the tracking id says out for delivery.May i know if anyone here faced such issue .Canadapost says that they must have delivered it but delivery scan may not be available . Now what do i do :(