+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I am a PR, applied for my wife's sponsorship, got approved and received her passport back on Jan 27th, booked her a flight for Feb 20th. All i want to confirm is does my wife need any other document other than the ones stated below?
- Negative PCR test report
- Passport with stamp
- COPR
- Arrive Can receipt sheet
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy my PR card, etc. to prove that she is indeed my wife
- She is my immediate family member so I know she won't need any Authorization letter from IRCC

Is there anything that I am missing? Please add if so.

Thanks all in advance

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi all,
I am a PR, applied for my wife's sponsorship, got approved and received her passport back on Jan 27th, booked her a flight for Feb 20th. All i want to confirm is does my wife need any other document other than the ones stated below?
- Negative PCR test report
- Passport with stamp
- COPR
- Arrive Can receipt sheet
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy my PR card, etc. to prove that she is indeed my wife
- She is my immediate family member so I know she won't need any Authorization letter from IRCC

Is there anything that I am missing? Please add if so.

Thanks all in advance
As of this time that is all that is required. Keep up to date on the travel restrictions, I imagine you are aware of the pending mandatory hotel quarantine that is being talked about. Not in effect yet and no effective date announced yet.

Reactions: Boviesam

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
As of this time that is all that is required. Keep up to date on the travel restrictions, I imagine you are aware of the pending mandatory hotel quarantine that is being talked about. Not in effect yet and no effective date announced yet.
Thanks Yes I am aware about that. Just hoping everyday that nothing comes up until she gets here. Just one more week to go.

Kraken_123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Hi everyone!
so, we had just sent the application (Feb 2021 OUTLAND) and only now realized that we missed reading the part of the guideline that says to keep all the barcode pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms) on top of the application.

We sent the application in the following order:
  1. Checklist
  2. Documents
  3. Supporting documents
Will this be a problem??

Will they return our application? Delay it? Decline it?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi everyone!
so, we had just sent the application (Feb 2021 OUTLAND) and only now realized that we missed reading the part of the guideline that says to keep all the barcode pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms) on top of the application.

We sent the application in the following order:
  1. Checklist
  2. Documents
  3. Supporting documents
Will this be a problem??

Will they return our application? Delay it? Decline it?
They won't return your app, you just give them more work to do, and it will take time.
Don't worry.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi friends, I applied for spousal sponsorship to sponsor my wife in october 2020. Outland application. We submitted a webform recently by typing in the temporary file number for the box 'File Number'. But I did not remove the 'X' from the temporary file number. Is that okay? Will they be able to link the webform to our application using our temporrary file number? Any help is greatly appreciated.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Im November 2019 applicant but till now the medical was expired since January 31st and still no news from Manila visa office nor any updates to anything. Pre-Arrival was sent September of 2020 but other than that no updates..
lucky you that you got pre arrival letter.
I am December 2019 applicant and no news since February 2020 when my wife passed the medial. No pre arrival letter...

Reactions: Polished Pillar

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi friends, I applied for spousal sponsorship to sponsor my wife in october 2020. Outland application. We submitted a webform recently by typing in the temporary file number for the box 'File Number'. But I did not remove the 'X' from the temporary file number. Is that okay? Will they be able to link the webform to our application using our temporrary file number? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi friends, could any of you clarify this for me? Thank you in advance.

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
In Imm5406 - Spouse sponsor, I have accidentally mentioned married-physically not present for my wife. Now, I did not receive AOR yet. Will they return my application? I got the Temp File Number though.

frange

May 25, 2018
In Imm5406 - Spouse sponsor, I have accidentally mentioned married-physically not present for my wife. Now, I did not receive AOR yet. Will they return my application? I got the Temp File Number though.
Fill the form again and send it trough webform with an explanation letter. Do it as early as you can.

Reactions: armoured